SWITZERLAND FORUM

Welcome to CK Laurence's football blog. This is your forum to stay in touch with other football fans who don't need it to be football season to talk about their favorite sport. Fans of all teams are welcome to post in the topics 24/7. The only rule is to respect all others on the boards, no trash talk or name calling. So register, sign in and lets talk some football.

Moderators: Game Master, Justice, Keeping The Peace, Pollster

Re: SWITZERLAND FORUM

Postby kicks » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:41 am

Happy Sunday. For the time being Sunday's are about the only day I have any free time. Which will come in handy when football season comes back. Can't wait!!!!

I am not working in medical or back in corrections for that matter either. I actually landed a government job. Its hard and long work but the pay is great and the benefits are outstanding. My medical is paid at 100%. I will never pay a penny out of pocket. No wonder the government is going broke. lol My dental is pretty good too. I do have to pay a little for some things. Not much though and its unlimited. Most dental plans have a limit each year. As in maybe a $5,000 cap on crown work. I can get a million dollars of work if need be. I have internet access but I cannot under any circumstances ever get on any unapproved websites. I haven't even tried, nor will I. Due to the fact that this is the web I am not going to post exactly what branch I work for. I'm sure you understand. But I love what I am doing. I actually enjoy going to work. Isn't that crazy?

Anyhoo... enough about me. How are you doing? Remember I won't be around very much. I will try to stop in from time to time and say hello. Have a great day. Live, laugh and love!
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:23 am

I am thrilled for you, kicksie! Government jobs are the mac daddy of security and I wish you well, and hope it only brings a positive light to your life.

It will certainly be dismal around here with only me and that makes me sad, but I'll check by every now and again to see if there are any visitors. It doesn't appear that any of the old Swiss Family will ever be back, but perhaps some newbies will find it a good place for blogging without abuse.Otherwise, when my "lease" is up in a couple of years, I'll finally close it down. Switzerland was my baby, and we had a couple of really great years, and I'll always have those sweet memories.

I guess Em got tired of only me being here to talk to, because I see him over at facebook all the time. Try Thinking I know is very busy with his work too. Some of those who left are a real enigma (Absolute Truth for one), but I can't compete with facebook so I won't even try.

Your visits will always be welcome, and I hope you'll occasionally stop by and tell me what's new in your life and work, dear kicks. With much love and wishes for the best of everything in life, c.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:13 pm

*****sigh***** :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:33 pm

Even though I know Switzerland is truly dead and when I post here, I''m posting for myself basically--with the draft around the corner and payment for next season done, I'm drawn to post here anyway. Hard to ween from something you've been a part of since 2007! The huge Swiss family that came from the old QBD site to the new cklaurence website--when we used to be up posting all hours and I always could visit because people were always here--is all gone.

Some left in groups, some dropped out one by one, but I always always always thought they'd be back or new people would be joining. I don't advertise Switzerland--it was meant to be by invitation only and once you lose those who were most important, well, even I get the picture.

I will continue to leave occasional notes, lest anyone is *hoovering (hard to believe, even Paul tired of torturing me, lol) and cares at all. Otherwise, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I'll just let it run through 2016 (to which I am paid up) and then quietly and unceremoniously close my beloved Switzerland down. :break:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:23 am

:cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue May 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi CK!!!! *waves and throws a big e-hug*.

Things are finally calming down a bit. I started a new job as you know and have been working 6 days a week. I love the job. Pay is great. Healthcare is outstanding. Pretty much everything health and dental related is covered at 100%. :D

I also moved to be closed to my job and I haven't had any internet or TV for about 3 weeks. We went through this same thing when I moved from Sedona, AZ to Casa Grande if you recall. Talk about deja vu!!!!

I hope all is well with you. I wonder if I somehow chased Em off? He left pretty abruptly right about when I started chatting here again. I hope it had nothing to do with me. My hope is that others will find their way back. But who knows? Anyhoo.... I will try to be here a bit more often.

Have a great day!!!!! Draft is around the corner!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue May 06, 2014 5:48 pm

I read back and see I pretty much mentioned the insurance before. My mind isn't quite as sharp the older I get. :lol:
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue May 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Closed to job should be close (of course). There goes my mind again.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 am

KICKSIE!!! Great to see you back here (as you can probably tell by all my sniffling, whiny posts.

I can't imagine you kicking (PUN!) Em out of here. He's stayed through plenty of awful people--not saying that you're awful, just saying that he is not easily driven away, plus, he's always been so loyal and reliable. I do, however, see him posting at facebook plenty. He's not that thin-skinned. I have so much to fill in but we're getting Baby Evan ready to go out for the first time in two weeks, so I can't take the time now. I will get on here when I have more time (hopefully later today or tonight).

Baby Evan has had a cold and tummy flu, so my time has been severely limited. He's starting to feel better now though, so I hope my time will free up a bit soon! Love you, man. I'm paid up through 2016, so I sure do hope that people start coming around... <3 :up: <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon May 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi CK!!!

Hope Evan is doing better. I caught some kind of creeping crud myself over the weekend. Still feel poorly. I didn't really follow the draft this year. Which is unusual for me. But I have been so busy. How do you think your team did? Pre-season is always exciting. Wondering if this is the year that your team goes all the way. All 32 teams are tied. For either first place or for last place depending on if you are a half glass full or empty person.

Anyways... best to you and yours. Catch you later. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue May 13, 2014 10:54 am

Jeeeeesh! I just wrote a long response to your note, but my daughter's dog--"Maverick the Maniac" (just as I was about to post it) jumped up on the bed and hit something that made me lose the entire post, dammit!!!

The gist of my note was, Dolphin's draft sucked, but I didn't expect more with the new GM; not expecting a good year from the Fins for obvious reasons, and although I will be attending games, I'm sure I'll be okay though because I have Baby Evan to keep me happpy. :lol: <3

Take good care of yourself--hope we talk again soon!!! c.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue May 20, 2014 5:23 pm

I hate when that happens. Now, I have never had a dog related deleted post, but we can all relate to typing an epic post and then losing it all.

Glad you are enjoying your time with Evan. Enjoy the time. They grow up so quickly.

I know you are frustrated with the state of the Dolphins. Its hard to be a fan of an organization when its being run poorly. I don't know exactly what happened to them, but they were always in the mix for the playoffs. And a hard team to beat in Miami. Speaking of Miami, besides being a HUGE Bronco fan, I am also a Miami Heat fan. Do you follow the NBA? Watching the playoffs? I quite enjoyed watching back to back titles with the Heat. Perhaps another this year. Although losing home court to the Pacers might end up being huge. Anyhoo... before I go on and on about the NBA, I should probably see if you are even a fan. Football is always my first love but basketball is a close second.

Talk to you later CK!!!!

:-)
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed May 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Hey kicks! I am indeed a huge fan of the HEAT, but to that end (call me crazy, you won't be the first)--I totally ignore everything basketball! You've seen what's happened to my beloved Dolphins (although in reality I know it is just years of super-poor management that has turned them into the losers they are)--I believe it's because I have season tickets (43 years?) and go to all games, rooting fervently for the team that has jinxed them. You've seen me root FOR the team I hate the most (NE) in Superbowls just to be sure they've lost the last two they've been in, and so it seems whenever I care too much for the end result of any game, it's the team I root for that gets burned.

Everyone I know is a HEAT fan, and I love to hear about them (after the fact) so as not to harm them in any way! :break: Yet intellectually I know their success is do to incredibly fine management, to notch owner and everything opposite of what the poor Dolphins have. When Joe Robbie died, the decline began and has continued to slide ever further downward with each successive owner. First Huizenga and now the biggest bonehead in the history of football, Ross. He has bad advisers and every time he changes, he seems to get even worse people in the key positions.

I'm loving my time with the baby. He has breathed new life into me, for sure. Unfortunately, I've got to go home for awhile to take care of certain necessities. Haven't seen my pain doctor in over a month and if I run short of my pain medication, I won't be able to enjoy anything. My daughter wants me here so I don't think it will be long before I will be back. I miss my husband a lot as well. This just seeing him on weekends is really tough on both of us, considering we hadn't previously been apart even one day for 46 years!

Thank you for continuing to visit. One of my regrets is that Switzerland has gone quiet, and I continue to assure myself that one day I'm going to come on and you, Reecey, Ms Bags, Dred, etc.etc.etc. will be here chitchatting away! Big hugs, c. <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Claudia,

Take some time to take care of yourself. Sports are a minor diversion from our every day lives. They allow us to root for our teams and root against the other teams. But in the end, they don't even know us. They don't care if our bills are paid. They don't care if we are in good health or not. Make sure that you are seeing your doctor. And taking care of yourself. DONT make me come down there and give you a shot in your hiney!!!! I left the health field but its still near and dear to my heart.

You are, and will always be, the matriarch of Switzerland. People have come and gone from here. But even though they don't post here as much as they used too, I know that everyone (even Paul) cares about your welfare. Make sure you take care of yourself. Evan needs a healthy grandma!!!

I am watching a resurgence from the Heat. Its incredible actually. I think they can 3-peat. But if they don't... the sun will still rise in the morning. If it doesn't, I will blame OT or Paul. Actually if that occurs its probably Try Thinking's fault. lol

I want all the damn bastages to at least come by and say hi. For old times. Just a simple hello. No more, no less. Just let us know you are still kicking.
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri May 30, 2014 11:24 am

Kicks: You have my heart! Thank you so much for your kind words. You know how special the people (some more than others, lol) of Switzerland are to me, regardless of them having jumped ship. As I've told you (and told you and told you)--I maintain my hopes that at some point at least some of them will return. It just seems facebook is a place they enjoy more and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm carefully ignoring the basketball playoffs :?: in the hope that my not being there will help you-know-which team will win it out!

I am missing my daily contact with Baby Evan terribly, but what is, is. He lives in Tampa, but I can't split my time and live there as much as here. I do have my husband to think about and he prefers seeing his wife more often! It breaks my heart every time Emily sends me another picture of a milestone I have missed, but that's the difference between a mom and a gramma. I learn by reading about them and Emily is there to share them.

It is wonderful having you visit once again. I missed you when you left and am thrilled to have you back here visiting. I truly enjoy our little chats! Take care and be well. Keep me posted in the outside world ;-) ...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi CK. And anyone else reading this. Thank you for ignoring the NBA playoffs. As you wouldn't know, since you are ignoring them *wink wink*, the Heat are off to the finals. Again! :D A repeat of last year it seems. The Spurs should provide a unique challenge with home court. But I was worried about the Pacer series with them having home court. That must have been so disheartening for them. They stated at the beginning of the year that they had to have home court to win and still couldn't pull it off. I like them. But not at the expense of beating the Heat of course.

I can't wait for NFL to return. I signed up for DirecTv and have the NFL package for this season. Not sure if I mentioned that before. I am stoked. I have never had the ability to watch any game I want every Sunday. Although they broadcast almost all of the Bronco games this last year on the national networks for some strange reason. *cough... cough... Peyton... Manning.. cough... cough.... lol

Hope all is well with you and yours. Have a great day/evening as the case may be. <3
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:42 am

Hiya Kicksie (and anyone else who is reading this wink-wink). Thank you for updating me on the Heat. Now comes the real test....

We usually get all the games televised for the Fins, but I have season tickets, so I see all the home games (and melt through August, September, October and of late, November). The past few years we've even had some scorchers in December. It seems to get cooler up North and in the Midwest every year and hotter down here. Of course, the team still seems to be in a state of flux. GM and head coach are both weak and Ross is clueless. Apparently Marino wants to come back here, but Ross 'can't figure out what to do with him." Hell! Make him QB Coach until they can get rid of the new GM--do SOMETHING! Although, Marino's had the shittiest of years. Fired from CBS--and no one knows why; hopping on that lawsuit and then backing out--something's going on with him. Wish I knew what, because if Ross is backing away from him I know he's still good for our team...

I'm busy working on a book right now, but not a murder mystery. I'm working with an erotica writer. She's been a fan of mine for some while and wanted to work with me on a book. I had written an erotic novel (hoping to cash in while Fifty Shades was drawing tons of readers to erotica), but when I finished it, recognized it was too hard core. I told this other writer I would give her that book to see if she could work with me to tone it down, and damned if she isn't a great partner to work with, as well as fitting right in to my style. We'll see what happens with that.

Baby Evan is growing way too fast for me--that's why I hate living so far away. I miss him something awful. Pictures just don't do it for me.Oh well, I guess I have to accept what life throws at me. I was really lucky to have as much time with him as I did!

Take care, be well and keep your head up. Love you kiddo, c. :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Hiya CK!!!!! <3

Well, the Heat were a disappointment. I was actually surprised that the Heat won last year. The Spurs were the superior team the last two years. The Heat got lucky last year and the Spurs were on a vengeance tour this year. I can't hate the Spurs. I have an affinity for the Western teams since I lived in the west most of my life. Except for the Lakers. I hate them. Don't get me started on Kobe. Such a jerk and a criminal. Living in Arizona, I loved the Suns. But after meeting the owner, Bob Sarver, I realized what a business that sports actually are. So, I can relate to your hate for the owners of the FIns. Its all about the business. Anyhooo.... just wanted to check in on my favorite Florida mom and say hello. Hope all is well in your corner of the world. <3 <3 <3

Whoo hoo.... I could fly but there is lightning about here. lol
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 am

Thanks for your visits, Kicksie. You always bring a smile to my heart and face!

Everyone kept saying I was giving myself too much credit thinking I can actually Cause a team to lose because I root for it...so I rooted for the Heat. I rest my case.

In Tampa with my sweet angel of a grandson and loving every second of it. It stops me from obsessing over what's going on at Amazon on my review page. I have a stalker who marks all one and two star reviews "helpful" and all four and five star reviews "not helpful." They, he, she or it is also doing other stuff that is wreaking havoc with my ranking and Amazon has ignored my pleas to do something about it. On one one-star review there are 55 comments--most by 3 people who admit they never even read the book. The comments are all bashing me personally because I respond to reviewers, good,bad or indifferentj. They also go on and on about themselves and their personal lives. They go against all of Amazon's guidelines, but for whatever reason, Amazon has ignored 5 people and my requests to remove them. I'm one of THEIR authors so it hurts Amazon when my sales are affected by this shit...anyway, when I'm home with no gorgeous little guy to keep my attention, I tend to let it bother me way too much! I can't even imagine who dislikes me so much that they take their own time to visit my review page every day, just to mess up my rankings. Assholes must be assholes, I guess.

More importantly, that you again for your visits--Switzerland would be a very lonely place were it not for you... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi CK and anyone else browsing!!!!!

Just a quick fly by to say hello to Switzerland. Hope all is well with you CK. Is it football season yet? Sorry for the short post. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about ya!!!!

Whoo Hoo!!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:38 am

Thanks for the 'fly by,' kicksie. Always glad to see you, even if it's for a quickie. ;) :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:14 am

Missing everyone. I've been in Tampa with grandbaby for past couple of weeks. Daughter's birthday was yesterday and then I will be home again for a long time. Hope someone(s) post in the near future. I hate to see Switzerland looking like a graveyard...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 am

Okay. It's not like I have to be hit over the head about this stuff :D , but I guess it's time to face up to reality - AND THEN THERE WAS ONE...
Should anyone *hoover by, feel free to leave a note. The Swiss Family of years past will always be fondly remembered.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm sure I will have more to comment on once football season starts CK. Hope all has been well with you and yours. I'm afraid when it comes to hit and miss, I'm more miss as of late. :lol:

Hugs to you!!!! <3
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:39 am

Huge hugs to you, Kicksie. I look so forward to trading stories with you come football season, and many many thanks for stopping by to reassure me. It means a great deal and I look forward to The Season to share the excitement with you! c. :D <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 am

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! As another football season approaches, I look forward to members of the Swiss Family checking in and visiting more frequently, as well as new football fans looking for a place to just talk football. Everyone's opinion is respected and even though there could be some arguing (DUH--it is football, after all!), respecting others is of utmost importance.

Best of luck to all teams and as we do every year, everyone starts out even... :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi CK!

Well, we have a few weeks of pre-season football under the belt. Its way too early to make any snap decisions but I like the way the Broncos look. The 34 - 0 shellacking of the 49ers was surprising and quite enjoyable. How are the Dolphins looking? Any expectations for the season? Inquiring minds want to know.

I can't wait for the regular season to start. It smells like football. Ahhhh.....

Hugs to you!!!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 am

Hey darling Kicksie!!!! Thank you so very, very much for your preseason visit--I'd pretty much given up hope of anyone every visiting again. It was the longest period in the history of Switzerland that we'd gone without any posts at all (but mine). I'm really missing Try Thinking and Miss Bags--and of course Maine and Em and Miss Seahawk and on and on the list of our special family goes--good old Smitty--those are just quickly off the top of my head, and I could go on forever!

Dolphins are doing as expected--need I say more? :roll: I sorrowfully don't believe things will ever change here until Ross moves on and out, taking Philbin and everyone else who is "anyone" on the team. I still kept my season tix though, so hope springs eternal. Between you and me (and I am rather sure at this point, it is definitely our private blog, lol--I had squamous cell carcinoma removed from just above my lip to my nose. They feel confident that they got it all (I know you understand all this, having once been a HINEY SHOOTER yourself :shock: ). All margins are clean, but it's healing very slowly, so I don't know when the stitches will finally be removed. I guess the fact that the lesion is in a place that never stops moving and pulling (like really? did they expect me to stop talking to keep it still? That'd be rich, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol: )

Petey has been kind enough to arrange a cruise for us (my very best, most relaxing way to get some peace is a cruise. We leave this coming Monday and return the following Saturday. It's really the only thing I can do anyway because of my Arachnoiditis. I am having a flare and can't walk much, and never ever without a cane (for the time being). WOW! You really didn't need to have all that crap dumped on you!!! I apologize :oops: . Anyway, I anticipate all being considerably better by the time the trip ends. I know I can get my act together in a week. I have only four chapters left to finish the erotica novel I'm doing, and my co-author is just waiting for me at this point. I'm big on meeting deadlines so I'll be shaking my bootie to get better and out there and my old self quickly!

Apologies for being such a bummer--promise to be :D on my next visit, The Godmother
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi CK!!

Wow! A cruise? How nice. Hope you guys had a great time. I went on one cruise in the Caribbean a few decades back. I had a great time. I look forward to another cruise someday. They are the best. I 100% believe that they are the best vacation that you can have.

I'm sorry to hear about continued health problems. I hope the lesion heals nicely and you get a green light with that news soon. I didn't get a chance to watch much football today. I saw that your Dolphins whipped up on the Patriots. Nice job! Congrats on that. Your team might do better than you think this year. You never know. I went on a trip down to Lexington, KY today to the Kentucky Horse Museum. It was nice. Weather was great. Got to watch a horse show and a jumping competition and spend some time with some draft horses. That was awesome. They are so huge. I have seen them in person close up a few times but never got a chance to pet one. They are massive. I got back in time to watch the Bronco/Colt game but have to work in the morning so I was only able to watch the first half since I have to get up early for work. So, I will have to check the scoreboard in the morning before I leave and see what the final score was. We were up comfortably when I turned the game off. But I wanted to log on before I hit the hay and see how things were here in Switzerland.

Again, congrats on the win. Keep it going. Talk to you soon!

Hugs,
kicks
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:45 am

Hey kicksie!

I don't think there's a better vacation than a cruise either. You can choose the ship size, dedicated to any age or interests AND choose where to go. I happen to love Princess line. We've tried a couple of others, but at this point we're into a ship that does not have thousands of children running in every direction (of course, until we take Evan on a Disney Cruise, which is a way off).
Petey enjoys the cigar lounge and I'm nuts for the slots. First time ever I left with winnings - 206.00! Usually I can't stop and end up in the negative. For the first time ever I actually used the spa and got a head and shoulders massage - heaven can wait :up: . We never got off the ship at any of the ports, which is not unusual for us. So long as we have a balcony and buffet, we are so happy.

My incision is healing slowly. It got infected, something that is a pretty regular thing for an Arachniac. It is healing, though, and that's what matters. It's always something, lol.

That first win was a joy to behold, but I'm not expecting any greatness from here on out. I've always maintained that when Pretty Boy Brady gets pressured, he cracks, He choked so hard in the third and fourth quarters he could be heard throughout the world. I guess tomorrow will give us a clue as to the direction we are going, but I've seen the Fins go 7-0 and lose out the rest of the season. Someone predicted 3-13. It is so painful to be a Fin Fan.

Before I came back here I saw a convo about the old Faux bunch thinking of making a Faux Alumni page at facebook and I suggested that Switzerland is still available. Unfortunately, they pretty much ignored me. I just don't get it, but sometimes when it's your own thing you can't look at it clearly I guess.

Can't wait for tomorrow, and I sure hope my team hasn't spent the week reading the news clippings and patting one another on the back (which they have a tendency to do). Best to your boys - we'll meet back here and either give each other kudos or cry on each other's shoulders. Be well!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

PreviousNext

Return to The Blog Rooms 2015 (jump on in)