*To All Swiss Members*

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

*To All Swiss Members*

Postby Keeping The Peace » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 am

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

We had a "minor" situation earlier that I feel was taken out of context and should be addressed as we try and stay a neutral drama free zone.
The situation was that one member inadvertently used another members real name in a post and another existing member felt that real names should not be used in Swiss. I believe that over time there have been many members that have used their real names on the boards in the past. If it is OK for them to use their names and don't have a problem with other members calling them by their real name, I believe that it is then a non issue.
We have always tried hard in Swiss to make sure that everyone feels safe coming and posting here and hope that it will continue. The new Swiss has much more to offer than the old Swiss and many are still getting used to posting here.
With the addition of many of the members now posting on Facebook where people have become more accustom to calling others by their real names, I realize the transition back and forth can be a bit confusing to remember at times.
I personally have enjoyed the very little situations I have had to deal with here and hope that it continues. I would say to "kicks" who felt uncomfortable with the situation, I hope that he reconsiders and understands that he was/is welcome here and would hope that he can still feel comfortable enough to enjoy the environment which is Swiss.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Re: *To All Swiss Members*

Postby SuperSerial » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:07 am

I like this site. No egos swirling around and marking their territory all the time like other sites. As long as you people clearly understand that someday the Texans will be world champions, I am good.
Attachments
10779.jpg
10779.jpg (144.89 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 am

Read and understood, Peace. I have no problem with people using my real name. I've been called worse.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Keeping The Peace » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

To be clear on this issue, it has always been the mission here at Swiss to be a safe zone and not have anyone feel uncomfortable with their identities being compromised if they wish to remain anonymous. This has always been the policy and will remain the policy of Swiss. That being said, if someone that posts here has no problem with being called by their real first name, then we have no problem with it. If you are not sure about whether or not someone does, please check with them first to make sure as it may be different posting here than some other location.

Thank you for your understanding and continued posting.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby dredwak » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:16 pm

goofsbewilderwp.jpg
goofsbewilderwp.jpg (10.67 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
dredwak
All Pro

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)