kicks korner

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: kicks korner

Postby cklaurence » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:51 pm

((((((COUGHS, HACKING, CHOKING))))))

IF I HAVE TO GO OVER TO I-SPORTS, THAT'S JUST WHAT I'LL DO... IT'S BEEN TOO NICE HAVING ALL OUR SWISS FAMILY BACK TOGETHER AGAIN TO LET YOU GO OVER SOMETHING LIKE USING PEOPLE'S REAL NAMES. WE HAVE SO MANY MORE BETTER THINGS TO ARGUE ABOUT...

I MEAN IT. I'M GOING OVER TO ISPORTS TO GET YOU.... :twisted:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:11 pm

I'll be here to welcome everybody back.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby ListenUp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 pm

kicks wrote:I think the place is starting to look nice.

Mansion.jpg

Pic.jpg

Hey who gave u the right to take a pic of my house? ;)
IN REESE WE TRUST!
ListenUp
Rookie

Postby PatsAsOne » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:02 pm

What the heck! I finally find my way back and KICKS leaves?!?! Git back here, kiddo, and stop kicking a dog when it's down! (Last statement said to prove I am me)
PatsAsOne
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:03 pm

(Last statement said to prove I am me)
=====
welcome back...mr vick...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:36 pm

PatsAsOne wrote:What the heck! I finally find my way back and KICKS leaves?!?! Git back here, kiddo, and stop kicking a dog when it's down! (Last statement said to prove I am me)

Hi Scott. Glad to see you buddy. I see the reference to "kicking a dog when its down" and know its you. I left because I was told by Peace that it wasn't cool to use your name even though you have used it at old Swiss... I refuse to have my posts "altered" to change your name. If I stepped over the line in ANY other way then I would expect to be "altered". As a beagle in his prime, being "altered" was painful to say the least. You are one of my dearest old friends and I miss you here at Swiss. It was nice to see CK at Isports looking for me and Waverly to come back. I will defer to CK and her wisdom as to where the guidelines are. I don't post last names or addresses or pictures of people. That is not acceptable to me as it has caused problems in the past on other sites but I DO NOT feel that using a proper first name leaks too much information. It is simply a modern acceptable custom and I feel it is endearing and personable. I miss your posts Scott and hope that you chose to post more here. Put up your old "av" and lets chat like we used to.

CK.. you are loved as always. I don't feel that I need my posts to be altered. If you do then please contact me via s-mail rather than a general post by a moderator to all in a warning that makes me feel like a criminal. Its not much to ask. If ANYONE has a problem with me using their real name then ask me privately and I will respect your wishes. That isn't too much to ask, is it?
Last edited by kicks on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:50 pm

dredwak wrote:(Last statement said to prove I am me)
=====
welcome back...mr vick...

LOL.. only a few will get this post. :D
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:52 pm

But in all seriousness... I am still upset that I was hurt by those that I consider friends. I am a beagle lost in cyberspace.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:10 pm

Beagle puppy.jpg
Beagle puppy.jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 13024 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:41 am

Balance.jpg
Balance.jpg (27.2 KiB) Viewed 13020 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby SD4EVR » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 am

I say LET Kicks "slide" on this one...maybe it's just me, but MANY of my friends have intentionally OR unintentionally (mostly the latter) "dropped" my first name in convos on the internet...it happens. I've gotten pissed off...sure. REALLY PO'ed, but it gets increasingly hard to have your anonymity when you have more contacts over the internet. It's the law of averages...and some people we already know by first name anyway...maybe he didn't know that it was your policy...or maybe the person that Kicks knows doesn't even mind it...and it's just the "principle" of the thing to you. That's where I say, just step back, take a breather, and realize that there was no intended maliciousness here...no real transgression, and if this other individual was "hurt" by having his name called...well then just look me up. My name is SD4EVR.
SD4EVR
Rookie

Postby SD4EVR » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 am

Emeritus wrote:I'll be here to welcome everybody back.

EM - It's been a looong time man, but I just wanted to say "hi" and say that I'm doing well and that I hope that you are....heck...you ARE. You are here....and alive. I remember on the Pat's page and other pages back on FauxSports reading your posts and then hearing about your cancer - wow, it's so great to "see" that you're doing better. You're probably the most missed on FauxSports BY ME - I quit that site cold-turkey a year ago...Still, you're an inspiration - you nEVR got mad or downtroden...you always had a great outlook on life - that's the way to be man.

-SD4EVR
SD4EVR
Rookie

Postby SD4EVR » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:08 am

"If ANYONE has a problem with me using their real name then ask me privately and I will respect your wishes. That isn't too much to ask, is it?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT is perhaps THE only thing that I could take issue with... What if somebody DOES have a "problem" with you using their real name, BUT they might have not gotten that "memo" IN TIME - that respect your wishes one. That's the only loophole in that scenario. All in all though - I have to agree with Kicks....fundamentally. He's trying....and he wants his friends to try also.

Also though...would a Moderator KNOW what and who's name is cleared by certain people? It's a slippery slope still, and it gets harder to judge/deal/whatEVR...

I think that a certain latitude is called for here....a humane touch, or an understanding at least. Don't dismiss this debate or extinguish a profile because of a perceived "mistake"...all in the name of calling a friend by his name.
SD4EVR
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 am

ifn i could find the darn conversation...i might have a darned informed opinion...so...as usual...youll just have to take my ignorant one...ifn people know your name...then its your own dang fault...i have seen no maliciousness in any of kicks posts...and would be floored ifn he outied someone...i made the decision when i opened a facebook account...that it really didnt matter who knew...its kinda like having a listed number in the white pages...that being said...i made a dredwak account on facebook...just in case some folks on the trash talk pages...dont understand its all in fun...and the idiots who claim my name isnt my own...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:35 am

Call me anything that you like. Just don't forget to call me for dinner. It's wonderful to see some people here that I have missed. Welcome, welcome, welcome!
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Keeping The Peace » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:51 am

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

New Swiss is no different than Old Swiss and the intention is for everyone to have a neutral safe place to post.
There has always been an "unwritten" rule to refrain from using peoples real names on here. The caveat being though that if someone has no problem with their real name being used, then it is OK with us. Many people over the years have used their (apparent) real names on Swiss and the only time it has been a problem is when they used their (apparent) real first and last name and then they would be contacted and informed that it would be a better idea to do that via smail. (Swiss Mail)
A new piece of information has been in the works to help with this and will be instituted shortly.

The situation which was a small issue that got taken out of context and should be resolved by now. No one was singled out and everyone was/is welcome to post here in Swiss.
In the mean time, we would appreciate it if we can get back to what Swiss is here for, enjoyment.

(if anyone else has any concerns or questions, feel free to contact me via smail and I will get back to you as soon as time permits)

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:26 am

There will always be misunderstandings even between the best of friends. Now that all of that is out of the way, has the monorail been completed?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:38 pm

dredwak wrote:ifn i could find the darn conversation...i might have a darned informed opinion...so...as usual...youll just have to take my ignorant one...ifn people know your name...then its your own dang fault...i have seen no maliciousness in any of kicks posts...and would be floored ifn he outied someone...i made the decision when i opened a facebook account...that it really didnt matter who knew...its kinda like having a listed number in the white pages...that being said...i made a dredwak account on facebook...just in case some folks on the trash talk pages...dont understand its all in fun...and the idiots who claim my name isnt my own...

Thank you dred. Well stated. If I didn't want anyone to know my name I wouldn't put it out there. But that's just me. Wasn't aware it was a HUGE problem. Thank you again. You are always the voice of reason.
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Keeping The Peace wrote:WHISTLE BLOW!!!

A new piece of information has been in the works to help with this and will be instituted shortly.

Moderator Peace

I suppose we will all be issued serial numbers to use from now on.

Jolie-Mug-Shot-53721.jpg
Jolie-Mug-Shot-53721.jpg (108.4 KiB) Viewed 12942 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 pm

I suppose we will all be issued serial numbers to use from now on.
=======
free barcode tattoos for all...a small tasteful one...right above the crack...in my backside...vertical...i think...dont want to throw off the symmetry...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:44 pm

dredwak wrote:I suppose we will all be issued serial numbers to use from now on.
=======
free barcode tattoos for all...a small tasteful one...right above the crack...in my backside...vertical...i think...dont want to throw off the symmetry...

LMAO. :lol: I think Jolie does actually have a barcode tattoo. Quite apropos.
kicks
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 pm

kicks wrote:
dredwak wrote:I suppose we will all be issued serial numbers to use from now on.
=======

and i bet its tasteful...lip smacking...even...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 pm

dredwak wrote:
kicks wrote:
=======

and i bet its tasteful...lip smacking...even...

Only Brad Pitt would know and Billy Bob Thorton and well probably half the guys in Hollywood.

Oh snap.... if I don't use a first name how am I to address Linda and CK? J/K Peace ;)
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 pm

((((Limps into the room, carrying yet another grandiose cane. Clearly upset :( ))))

Four friggin' times I have written seriously long posts for this korner. The first three I was trying to bring a present, and after setting a long scenario and describing everything in detail, I DON'T KNOW WHAT BUTTON I KEEP HITTING, BUT JUST BEFORE I POST I LOSE THE DAMNED POST. THE WHOLE DAMNED POST, I say! How frustrating is that? :roll:

Okay, I attempt a whole new post. I personally thought it was the best of the bunch. Got each precise point across, after analyzing everything that transpired in the few days I'd been having computer problems; and in fact, I continue to have problems. My computer is d-e-a-d dead! I'm using my husband's, and guess what? :oops: I lost the fourth page of posting...

I'm going to post this right now before I lose it so that there is proof I am here and have been here and have been trying to post!!!!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Just you being here is present enough CK.

present.jpg
present.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 13103 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:02 am

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg
a-lot-of-dogs.jpg (100.56 KiB) Viewed 13097 times
kicks
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:53 am

Hmm. This place is going to the dogs.

Joe Cool Snoopy 3.jpg
Joe Cool Snoopy 3.jpg (4.99 KiB) Viewed 13085 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:35 am

Emeritus wrote:Hmm. This place is going to the dogs.

The attachment Joe Cool Snoopy 3.jpg is no longer available

Yes it has. Right about the time I go anywhere it ends up going to the dogs. lol

To all. Peace and I came to an understanding. After he pummled me I UNDERSTOOD not to mess with him again. Those 2 front teeth were loose anyways. It was after my trainer took the mouth guard out that the teeth came out. ;)

dog-mouth piece.jpg
dog-mouth piece.jpg (30.54 KiB) Viewed 13082 times

:lol: Respect the Peace! 8-)
kicks
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Wow, kicks, that thing looks as much like a bear as a dog.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Emeritus wrote:Wow, kicks, that thing looks as much like a bear as a dog.

Well... you know with the swelling from the beat down I do appear a little larger than normal. After a few days and some ice packs and maybe a few drinks I should return to normal size.

Don't look... I am hideous. Ack! :oops:

;)
kicks
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)