THE TEAL ZONE

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: THE TEAL ZONE

Postby peddlefest » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:47 pm

This is why I quite following pro ball for some years because of all the money and hipe . I saw several instances the same as Marshall. Soooo I'm waiting for the first real Dolphin game to start the threats.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Well, I've always been skeptical about hiring these hot shots for loads of money, but I had certainly hoped that Marshall was going to live up to his hype. He sure as hell didn't look like he was worth the hype OR the money Friday night.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Anyone read about that moron, Lankford, on the Dolphin team? He went to practice wearing a 50,000 dollar diamond in his ear and lost it! It was not insured. I say anyone that stupid deserves to lose it. Those huge rocks look silly (IMHO) on men in the first place--never mind having it uninsured and wearing it to football practice. Helllloooooo... Anyone in there, Mr. Lankford? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry. I couldn't help myself here :twisted:.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:17 pm

cklaurence wrote:Anyone read about that moron, Lankford, on the Dolphin team? He went to practice wearing a 50,000 dollar diamond in his ear and lost it! It was not insured. I say anyone that stupid deserves to lose it. Those huge rocks look silly (IMHO) on men in the first place--never mind having it uninsured and wearing it to football practice. Helllloooooo... Anyone in there, Mr. Lankford? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry. I couldn't help myself here :twisted:.

Moron sounds about right....
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby peddlefest » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 pm

I guess I'm the only one around , so GO DOLPHINS
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:01 am

Hey Ped. Pretty depressing game, yes? I sure hope they were just messin' around in the preseason games, because if what we saw is all they've got, the Dolphins' season is not going to be a pretty thing.. :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 am

You took the words out of my mouth. Now we have to endure a week of waiting to see if the coach wasn't blowin smoke. That stadium is incredible in Dallas.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:56 am

Yeah, the Dallas stadium is over the top, but I believe it is built for and caters to the very rich. To me, football is about everyone who loves it. Jerry Jones is "money, money, money." Too sad!
Meanwhile, our Dolphins. I keep telling myself "it's preseason..."--but it's a stretch to think that the team we've seen in the last two weeks can rehabilitate in a week. I don't know what is with that Brandon Marshall. He can't seem to catch the easiest pass--never mind the difficult ones that I expected to see him stretch out for and grab! This is going to be a long week (and the first two games are AWAY, which makes it even more difficult). Well, well, well. Here it is, one week before the season opener and I'm a nervous wreck. It must be football season... :mrgreen:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 am

Well I'm back from gobbling down a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. First I think Marshall is a waste of money. They should ask for a rebate. And now to see if what Tony said is true, it's just practice.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:39 am

So far, from what I've seen of Marshall, not so good. We'll know soon enough whether it really was "just practice," 9 days. Killer...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Good luck this season Dolphins fans!!
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks, LadyHawk. Good to see you over here in our modest little Zone.

I'm pretty sure your Hawks are moving in the right direction. I believe I talked about my feelings regarding Coach Carroll over in the Seahawks topic room. It's his time, and I really mean that.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:55 am

As the season opener approaches, I get more nervous every day. You know, it used to be that we always won our season opener--regardless of whether it was home or away. Being as we were the Dolphins (the mighty, mighty Dolphins--not the nighty, nighty Dolphins, which we have become :D )--the hype began immediately: "Is it possible we'll have another perfect season?" I know, I know; sounds pretty stupid. Nevertheless, that's where we'd be every year. Now the joke--well, not so much "joke," as "uncomfortable little snicker," is (when we lose the opener, year after year), "Well, at least we don't have to hold our breath every game thinking it might be a perfect season..." :o

We open AT Buffalo, then move on to Minnesota. Finally, the 3rd and 4th games are in Miami--JETS then NEW ENGLAND! Fortunately (although I prefer it later in the season), we have our bye for the fifth week. I think, with that run, it might be a really good thing to have that 5th week bye. :evil: OMG! I am SO SO SO stressing. It's funny, though... No one, and I mean NO ONE, really has some kind of a handle on where the Dolphins are this year. I don't even think the coaches have any idea :twisted: . It really is a crap shoot. Well, Try? Ped? What are your thoughts?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:31 pm

I love football...I truly do. But I can't afford to stress about it. My health isn't worth that.
Good luck to the Dolphins. Hope for the best and expect nothing. :D
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby peddlefest » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks Lady Hawk. CK I've been on finsiders listening to all the coaches comments and I'm in the same place you are. If the coaches know what's going on their not saying. Soooooo It's back to holding my breath. GO DOLPHINS
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:55 pm

LadyHawk wrote:I love football...I truly do. But I can't afford to stress about it. My health isn't worth that.
Good luck to the Dolphins. Hope for the best and expect nothing. :D

What she said ^! :D
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 pm

peddlefest wrote:Thanks Lady Hawk. CK I've been on finsiders listening to all the coaches comments and I'm in the same place you are. If the coaches know what's going on their not saying. Soooooo It's back to holding my breath. GO DOLPHINS

Well, go figure! They've had a year to make all the adjustments we needed, but they sat on their butts through most of the time they should have been watching the waiver wires and/or looking at some of the good/great players that were available--as other teams picked them up! Wait, wait, wait! I must stop bitching here and be patient. Perhaps the coaches knew exactly what they were doing and have wonderful surprises for us come the real season opener. I will not be upset, not even for a tiny little second before next week's game. :oops:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:49 pm

seems the parcells era is over...long live ireland...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:15 pm

One of the cool things about being a Texans fans is having limited expectations. We have had one (1) winning season and it wasn't exactly a world beater at 9-7. We are the newest team in the NFL. To me, any year-to-year improvement is to be celebrated. I can always find things to be happy about, since I'm not expecting to hit the jackpot. It really takes a lot of stress out of the season.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:31 pm

As funny as what Emeritus comment was...it's kind of true. FML!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphins football team and support staff. This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis. :roll:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:53 pm

TryThinking wrote:Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphins football team and support staff. This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis. :roll:

So is Ireland stepping into Big Tuna's old role? I wish he could sit his ass down in one spot for a given amount of time. If he were to divert himself into one body of work for an extended period of time, he could probably construe something epic. Parcells is always constantly on the go. I don't like that.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Reecey wrote:
TryThinking wrote:Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphins football team and support staff. This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis. :roll:

So is Ireland stepping into Big Tuna's old role? I wish he could sit his ass down in one spot for a given amount of time. If he were to divert himself into one body of work for an extended period of time, he could probably construe something epic. Parcells is always constantly on the go. I don't like that.

Yep he becomes the GM and in all actuality per Parcells contract he could leave now and still get his $12m that he would have due him to the end of 2011. Rumor has it that he wasn't happy with some of these last trades and guys let go from the team... :(
Supposedly he's still staying on, but if there truly was a rift behind the scenes I'm not so sure. Not want I wanted to hear right now with the season starting damn it all....
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:59 pm

It really truly is a distraction. Geeze man!
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:05 pm

I don't know what it is about the Dolphins, but for some reason the biggest and the best come here with the intention of putting us back on the road to the SB, and leave (us) disappointed and the team struggling. I thought he had control over all the trades and other decisions on players. I bet this is one of those things where we never learn the truth about what happened...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Reecey » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Yeah. Nobody wants a "Part Time Lover," but lately that's pretty much has been what the entire business has been about. Both on the football field and in the front offices.
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:09 pm

I feel like we are doomed...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:10 pm

cklaurence wrote:I don't know what it is about the Dolphins, but for some reason the biggest and the best come here with the intention of putting us back on the road to the SB, and leave (us) disappointed and the team struggling. I thought he had control over all the trades and other decisions on players. I bet this is one of those things where we never learn the truth about what happened...

He hasn't "left" yet, but I seriously hope that this was the real plan from the get like they're trying to lead us to believe...
No matter what happens CK, you have to believe he turned is around and laid a foundation for hopefully good things to come. (this season)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:21 pm

I do hope you're right, Try. I know I worry a lot (sometimes too much), but an announcement like that just as the season begins does not sit right with me. You just don't drop a bomb like that the first week of the season. I don't even like the way it was phrased. It gives me a bad feeling...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:22 pm

cklaurence wrote:I do hope you're right, Try. I know I worry a lot (sometimes too much), but an announcement like that just as the season begins does not sit right with me. You just don't drop a bomb like that the first week of the season. I don't even like the way it was phrased. It gives me a bad feeling...

You *do* worry too much CK. Waaaay too much. I say that with love.
LadyHawk
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)