THE TEAL ZONE

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: THE TEAL ZONE

Postby dredwak » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 pm

just a game hon...its nice if they win...but its not the end of the world if they lose...there are enough teams with players that i like to watch...keeps the whole dealy exciting...rosenfels almost has me convinced...the Vikings can win without brett...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Nah. Rosenfels is a pretender. He wants to, but he just doesn't have it. I hope I'm wrong, though. Poor guy has kicked around so much. I am, however, big, BIG Favre fan, and I would love to have one last year with him.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:39 pm

I't must be the drugs, I,m or my eyes are on there way out. The game was fun if you took it for what it was, a practice. I'll have to do some of my computer exploration and get back to you on this time thing. :shock:
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:41 pm

The time on your post was right, Ped. Look to just under "The Teal Zone" on your post. That's where the time is--not to the right where your name is. See what I mean?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Oh yeah--Practice Game, and thank goodness for that. We look painfully close to the way we looked last year. Another year like that and even I might be ready to turn in my season tix. :roll: I say that, but I don't know what I would do without my football games!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:48 pm

cklaurence wrote:Oh yeah--Practice Game, and thank goodness for that. We look painfully close to the way we looked last year. Another year like that and even I might be ready to turn in my season tix. :roll: I say that, but I don't know what I would do without my football games!

Bite your tongue!!!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby peddlefest » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:49 pm

To bad I don't drink anymore , then I'd have an excuse. The time I'm looking at is under the Teal header. Hmmm, maybe we'll try this tomorrow and see what happens.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:54 pm

peddlefest wrote:To bad I don't drink anymore , then I'd have an excuse. The time I'm looking at is under the Teal header. Hmmm, maybe we'll try this tomorrow and see what happens.

Your time should be correct Peddle, if it is not go to your "User Control Panel" to set your preferences to your time zone.
Check Peaces info in the "Peaceful Corner" forum too, there may be some info there.
good luck
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Peace is usually the best bet for accurate info around here; but your time looks right to everyone but you, so it must be your eyes, lol.

Why is Griese doing our games? Last I heard they were kicking him off even doing college games! My gawd, he's become such a bumbler! (I was just watching the post game show. He needs to stop hitting the bottle.)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:33 am

Good mourning to the Swiss. I heard Griese make four or five mistakes in comentary. But I sure did enjoy watching the Dolphins play. Actually watched the whole game,must be glutony. Oh, thanks CK for your coment on FB, my feelings also. The time thing was a dream LOL.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:08 pm

I too watched the whole game, Ped. Gluttony, it is--because it was one of the soppiest (soppiest = sloppy + soppy to the [i]nth[i] degree :D ) games I have ever seen. Couple that with Griese's UBER-lame commentary--it makes us the worst kind of football gluttons, but I don't care what it (we) are called--s'long as I get to watch football again, I'm one happy camper!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:46 pm

ABSOLUTLY CORRECT MA'M !!!!!!!!!!!
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 pm

GUILTY!! I WATCHED IT ALL TOO
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:38 pm

I think we got addicted to football when we were in high school, Ped. We had to attend every game, so it was a case of 'Love it or quit marching band!" :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 pm

cklaurence wrote:I think we got addicted to football when we were in high school, Ped. We had to attend every game, so it was a case of 'Love it or quit marching band!" :lol:

I started playing before the Dolphins even existed... always loved the game.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:44 pm

That just makes us REALLY Great Football Fans AND Dolphin Fans! I know I'M guilty on both counts!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:47 pm

cklaurence wrote:That just makes us REALLY Great Football Fans AND Dolphin Fans! I know I'M guilty on both counts!!!

CK, did you check out the "creative" topic I just posted a bit ago? :lol: :lol:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:49 pm

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:I think we got addicted to football when we were in high school, Ped. We had to attend every game, so it was a case of 'Love it or quit marching band!" :lol:

When Ped and I were in high school, there was no Dolphin team either, Try. We marched pregame and half time at all our school games. Indeed it was a long, l o n g, time ago...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:53 pm

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

When Ped and I were in high school, there was no Dolphin team either, Try. We marched pregame and half time at all our school games. Indeed it was a long, l o n g, time ago...

Well (cough cough) they were around when I was in High School. :D
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby peddlefest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Try, if I remember correctly we marched a couple of games in the Orange Bowl classic games. It was like chines water torcher football-football-football-football. Hah
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 pm

peddlefest, um, nice to 'meet you'.... I am posting on the 'Just Football' topic - as a Colts fan, don't want to encroach on your Teal convo! Did have a great time w/ ck in Miami wk 2 last season :D but hey, last season is..... last season. Lots to be optimistic about for your Dolphins this season!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 am

Good morning dear Ms Bags--good to see you (as always).

As you must have already inferred, Ped and I went to high school together, back in the stone age, lol. He played trombone, I played sax (marching) and oboe (concert). I would not be with my husband today if I had not played oboe in high school, but that's a whole 'nother story for a 'nother day :lol: ...

Ped? Did I ask you already if you are going to the reunion this weekend? (Golden age head--don't remember much anymore :roll: ). I will be there. BTW, I looked at your Facebook page yesterday. My goodness--one of your sons is an absolute clone of you! At first I thought it was you in one of the "good old days" photos. I don't remember you with a beard (as IF they would have allowed the guys to wear any kind of facial hair at good ol' Norland High. All of your boys are very handsome.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 am

Oh Ped--I forgot to address your comment about marching in the OB. Yes, we definitely did. I remember one time we were lined up on the field, getting ready to do a pregame show (Browns vs. Green Bay) and a football hit me. Well, of course, you know Greco didn't allow us to move once we were in position on the field. The teams were still practicing--but we had lined up early. I was frozen in position and in unbelievable pain--those guys knew how to throw a football! Anyway, a few of the players ran over to me (it was probably because the ball landed at my feet and they needed it--but at the time, I thought it was because they cared. They were really very sweet, fussing about me and kidding with one another ("you threw it," "I did not, it was you..."), and patting me (probably going after my boobs--they were huge, even under our 100% wool uniforms, :oops: ).

A little aside...did you know that we were patterned after the FAMU Rattler band, Ped? They march 320 steps a minute--we marched 280, which apparently was quite the feat for a bunch of white kids! Our band was tremendous--it broke my heart when Greco left us and those jackasses came in and destroyed it for our senior year. I hated band that year, and was embarrassed when we would come off the field after a show. When Greco was there, we were like rockstars. People were all over us--"Great show" "You guys are amazing!" --What a letdown, when McGonigal and his "tics" took over. Nobody ever said a thing when we came off the field--which was probably a kindness...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Genron187 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm

dredwak wrote:just a game hon...its nice if they win...but its not the end of the world if they lose...there are enough teams with players that i like to watch...keeps the whole dealy exciting...rosenfels almost has me convinced...the Vikings can win without brett...

[color=#808000]Heyyy my 1st post...I like the Vikings but drama Queen Farve needs to take a bow and call it a day. He's too old to be playing n he has already done enough. Vikings just need to move on. But I doubt they can win big without him...QBs sucks ..n rosenfels oh my[/color]
Genron187
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Hello, Genron. It's nice to meet you...

I have one suggestions: You might want to start a topic room for the Vikings. The Teal Zone is all about the Dolphins. Not that we have a problem with visitors, it's just that you might find more Vikings' fans if you have your own room here. We accommodate everyone here in Switzerland!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Yes CK those are great times and the uniforms were the original 100% garenteed diet plan. The first of those games the pro players were practicing and ran a play into us on the sideline and I almost fell over at how big those guys were. I also missed Gene Greco, I had a huge amount of respect for him even though he used to throw drum sticks at me and I used to laugh.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby peddlefest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:24 pm

I think we should have to work the word DOLPHINS in the conversation Hah
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:42 pm

I too was totally amazed at how big those guys were! Later on in life, I worked in sports, and I was surprised how much shorter they'd gotten, lol. And yes, Greco could be terribly cruel--I felt his wrath many, many times; but as a band director--none better. We marched 8x8, only 64 of us, and our sound was better than the bands that marched 164. No one could believe it. It's because he had no time for screwballs. If you weren't the very, very best--if you weren't willing to work under his rigorous regime--if you ever let him see your weakness--you were GONE! He didn't do a whole heckuva lot for my ego, but I made the cut, so I knew I was doing things well.

I like your idea about working Dolphins into all our convos. There--I just took care of this post. :lol: :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:43 pm

I know I asked before, but I don't think you answered--You going to the reunion?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:55 pm

[color=#00BF80]Sorry to say I'm not going. I had a possible previous committment that came due in the end of July. Due to my occupation finances have been tight so I was alotted one big event for the summer. I was an alternate as a range officer at the Boy Scout National Jamboree in AP Hill,Virginia. One of the guys got sick and I was called up soooo off to Virginia for two weeks and we have to pay all our own expenses. I had committed to this two years ago.[/color]
peddlefest
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)