Postby LadyHawk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Ok...my mistake; my bad. I stand rebuked. :D
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Re: THE TEAL ZONE

Postby cklaurence » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:05 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Ok...my mistake; my bad. I stand rebuked. :D

No rebuke, m'Lady--just a mini-rant. Happens every time I think of the cozy deal Huizenga cut with Parcells before he sold the team to the latest yoyo, Mr. Stephen Ross Starf*cker himself. I can only imagine who he'll pick as the next coach. Puff Daddy maybe? Perhaps he can get Gene Hackman? After all, he played a damn good coach in "The Replacements." (He's still alive, right?) I'm surprised he hasn't already put a couple of movie stars on the team yet. Oh, my bad! He has all the stars in the stadium--why bother with the team at all!?!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:11 pm

The Dolphins owner is about as stupid as the Cowboys owner.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 pm

LadyHawk wrote:The Dolphins owner is about as stupid as the Cowboys owner.

without all the plastic surgery.... just saying :o
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:26 pm

LadyHawk wrote:The Dolphins owner is about as stupid as the Cowboys owner.

not even close...but...give him a few years...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:27 pm

On the Cowboys page at Fox I've seen fans raving mad at Jerry Jones. I remember one saying that he wished the plastic surgeon had pulled JJ's lip over his head and sewed it to the back of his neck.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:35 pm

uncle jerry hasnt done too bad this year...but...we are still living with his past blunders...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm

He obviously has a good eye for football talent and he is willing to pay for it. Managing it all is something different.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:55 am

Attachments
2135_12251186392.jpg
2135_12251186392.jpg (60.36 KiB) Viewed 14700 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 am

Just a quick GOOD MORNING SWITZERLAND, as I run off to do some chores. I'll be back soon, though, so don't despair my friends ;) /... Lots of computer stuff to do, so I should be around most of the day. Hugs! (((((Takes a second check to see if there's a hugging smiley)))))
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:57 am

BTW...Believe me, please--Stephen Ross could just outdo Jerry Jones in the stupidity department. He probably thinks the full stadium this year is because of his cast of thousands. It might never have occurred to him that fans are there because this was billed as the break-out year for the Fins. By the time our team is finished with the crash and burn show, he'll be scratching his head about the lower number of seats filled and decide he needs to take on a few more stars! He simply hasn't a clue about the game... :x
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 am

cklaurence wrote:BTW...Believe me, please--Stephen Ross could just outdo Jerry Jones in the stupidity department. He probably thinks the full stadium this year is because of his cast of thousands. It might never have occurred to him that fans are there because this was billed as the break-out year for the Fins. By the time our team is finished with the crash and burn show, he'll be scratching his head about the lower number of seats filled and decide he needs to take on a few more stars! He simply hasn't a clue about the game... :x

and enough with calling it "football Americano" Mr. Ross :roll:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:41 pm

I find it remarkable how many football owners are so disliked. Baseball had one owner that nobody liked, but football has several. Besides the two mentioned, there is Dan Snyder of the Redskins, the "managing partner" of the Raiders and a number of others. I like the owner of the Texans because he stays out of the management of the team and keeps such a low profile that most people don't even know who owns the team.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Stephen Ross thinks the team is just there so he has a reason to invite the *stars to hang with him :roll: . Pathetic :x . Now that Mr. Parcells has left the building, I shudder to think what may come to pass. Sparano? Loser! Far too conservative in his coaching--to the point of ridiculous. Not throwing a 'Hail Mary" with 15 seconds left in the half--letting the clock run? I could go on, but why re-hash the same stuff again. (((((Everyone breathes a collective sigh of relief :lol: ))))) Personnel decisions? Horrible player moves? Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins Number....oh sh*t, I forgot. We don't even have our fight song anymore...

*If you want to call them that. Most of them are just yesterday's news... :arrow:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:59 am

ck, I seem to recall a 1-15 season before Parcells and his team arrived. Taking things as a whole, aren't the Dolphins better now than they were then?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:25 pm

GOOD MORNING, SWITZERLAND. I'm here to watch the Dolphin/Steeler game.

First off: Emeritus? In answer to your question, "No. At least then we had hope. Three years later, we are back to square one.

Okay, Fin fans: For those of you who can't see the game where you are: On the kick-off (Pittsburgh receiving)--our special teams (which has improved since the debacle three weeks ago--or should I not speak so quickly?) forced a fumble; however, the Dolphin offense could not turn it into a touchdown and had to settle for 3.

Two plays (or was it 3?) later--Dolphins force a fumble on Ben Ruthlessbooger (which he tried to fight, but it was as clear as the nose on the referee's face) and the Fins offense AGAIN can do nothing, but settled for 3 points. So 3 minutes 45 seconds into the game where we should be up 14, we have SIX points on the board.

This, as you all know--is the stuff that comes back to hurt you later on in the game. The Steelers have now settled down and are back into the game. Ruthless is moving the ball--something that is not good for the Fins. That Dansby, I must say, is quite an acquisition. A real hard hitter (and a defensive leader). Jeremiah Bell STOPS the run and it's 4th and 1, with Steelers kicking from their 30. Dolphins take over on their own 15--where the ball was caught.

I'm a really fast typist--faster than most anyone I know; but I don't know that I want to do play-by-play because it takes away from my pleasure at watching the game... I will keep you updated on the score though. If there is a 'you' out there. IS THERE A YOU OUT THERE, or is everyone else busy watching their own games. I don't think that Henne could have more time to throw the ball than they are giving Henne. Ronnie Brown is not playing up to par today (IMHO), but my darling Ricky looks fine.

While I've been chatting, the Dolphins went 3 and out. Ho hum. Henne couldn't find anyone open, and although I personally think he should have run it a couple of times, he did not--rather choosing to keep looking for an open receiver. Anyhoo, it is now Steelers' ball. I guess I'll refresh the page and take a look around Switzerland to see if there is any action anywhere... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Pittsburgh offense has gotten comfy and Ruthless is moving the ball down the field--thank you for their penalties.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:53 pm

:o Although Ruthless got the ball down the field (too) quickly, despite a couple of key holding penalties (Pittsburgh's)--the Dolphin's 'D' had another brilliant goal-line stand and held them to 3. It is now 6-3 (Fins), and (on a VERY windy day) Fins picked the ball up on their 10, and got it almost to the 20. FINALLY Henne passes to Marshall and we move the chains. My friggin' damn--Henne could not have more time to throw the ball!!! Okay. Henne throws again and it is intercepted (IN FIN TERRITORY, of course...)
I don't want to disappoint anyone, but I don't think I want to even talk about the game anymore. Sparano is shaking his head (when I think he should be kicking HIMSELF in the butt). The 'moderators' (and I use the term loosely) must be on the Steelers' payroll, because they do not stuff GUSHING about Ruthlessbooger and Company. Although, they do throw in an occasional kudo for Karlos Dansby (Fins' defense). They are MOST DEFINITELY Steeler fans... :x
Steeler down (Flozell Adams) on the field. Injury commercial. Commercial over, Adams walks off and Ruthlessbooger shoots a TD to Ward. And so, THAT quickly, Steelers take the lead: 10-6.
Fins to the left? Fins to the Right? Fins to the ground... They don't have any fight!!! :x
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:57 pm

QUESTION (to no one in particular, since no one is here but me, myself and I...)

Why is that Steeler allowed to have Raspberry (or is it HOT PINK?) wrist band on his person? When did the NFL start allowing players to choose their own colors, regardless of how badly they clash with team colors ;) ???

AS AN ASIDE: The weather here on the Beach is beautiful. NOT SO for that at the Stadium. :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:10 pm

SERIOUS ANNOYANCE REGARDING TODAY'S TELECAST (BESIDES THE COMMENTATOR/MODERATORS): THE LIGHT FOR WHO HAS THE BALL HAS BEEN ON 'PIT' THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME. CAN'T THEY FIX THAT?????

Dolphins take a time-out with just under 7-and-a-half to go till halftime. Why, when Henne has finally found a rhythm with his receivers (and Ricky)? IDFK! More of the play-calling errors I have bitched about all year. Let's see if that doesn't force us into YET ANOTHER field goal...

First and goal. NO gain. 2nd and goal...Henne throws it away. 3rd and goal? INCOMPLETE! Son of a bitch!!! Settling for the field goal AGAIN!!! Why oh why did I see that coming and NOT the (DOLPHIN) coaches or players???? I am soooooo bummed11111

So, 10-9, Steelers!

And the Steelers return it to the 47...Ruthless throws the long ball and TD, STEELERS! 16-9. Extra Point is good and Steelers 17 - Dolphins 9. :roll:

I REALLY am going to take a break now. Perhaps finally figure out how to download a phun game phor my new phone to take my mind off the Phins. :oops:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:13 pm

BTW, I didn't pay attention to who this television booth bunch is, but I will find out. They STILL have not stopped BABBLING (and I DO mean BABBLING) about how fast the Steelers are... HELLLLOOOOO!!!! There ARE Dolphin fans watching this game as well... :twisted:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:26 pm

TD Dolphins (which, of course--as with every other score, the Steelers are contesting; however, it held up on review). 17 - 16 Still Pittsburgh on top, DUH! 1:50 remaining.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Karlos Dansby sacks Ruthless, taking him back to the OOOOPS! Sacked again--2 in a row and the clock runs out to half-time. WOW. :shock: :? :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:45 pm

A block in the back nullifies a 47-yard run back for the Phins. So begins the second half... :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Phins are doing negative yardage on their first march after the half, and, to that end--they will punt the ball away...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Why is it ALL Ruthlessbooger? Is there no credit ever given to the receivers who run their routes and are right there where they are supposed to be regardless of all the defenders on the field??????? Someone needs to shut these guys up! Greg Gumbel is one of them, and the other is an oldie as well, but I just can't figure out WHO it is...
They are already down inside the 20. They WILL score, although they just said that Ruthless MISSED his man--I'm shocked that they didn't say that Ward missed the ball... Okay, Miami is arguing that Ruthless passed the LOS, but refs aren't buying it...OH YES, now they are acknowledging it (FLAGRANT violation), so they are going to attempt a FG (chip shot!) annnnnnd it's GOOD!

20 to 16 Steeler lead. A few left in the third quarter. I'm getting really nauseas here... :oops:

See you in a bit. I wonder what is going on with the rest of the teams. I vaguely remember the half-time review, but I'll be damned if I can tell you what any other team is doing...

These bobble-head-boys-in-the-box are so wrapped up in their "Love-for-Ben-Booger," that they haven't noticed pretty much anything but him--certainly no scores from around the league.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:58 pm

I am sure you (ALL OF YOU) know EXACTLY to which call I am referring...but it was the MOST CHICKENSH*T CALL I have EVER seen in my life!!!!! Disgusting! Then again, What do you say about a team that cannot score a touchdown?????
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Well that sucketh... Tough loss to all of you Phin Phans. Yes most definitely some very questionable calls. The Zeebs love the Steelers :shock:
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Hey!! NFL Officials.....
refssuck.jpg
refssuck.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 14811 times
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Undoubtedly the worst call I've seen this year :shock:
How is it these rat bastards say there was not clear evidence?
I got it recorded on my TV if you need to take a look!!

We got jobbed!! :evil:
TryThinking
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)