THE TEAL ZONE

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: THE TEAL ZONE

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 pm

[quote="cklaurenceYeah, sure, 16. No sweat... (((((Scratching head...I wonder why all the talking heads are taking the Jets on this one??????)))))
As I recall--in your picks this week, you did NOT pick the Fins to win... :cry:
[/quote]

That's called a "Fart in the Wind" I reckon... :lol:
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:09 pm

LadyHawk wrote:[quote="cklaurenceYeah, sure, 16. No sweat... (((((Scratching head...I wonder why all the talking heads are taking the Jets on this one??????)))))
As I recall--in your picks this week, you did NOT pick the Fins to win... :cry:

That's called a "Fart in the Wind" I reckon... :lol:[/quote]
Good call, Lady!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:32 pm

That's why their called talking heads . All their heads do is bob around and spew senseless noise just to fill an hour. THE DOLPHINS KICK THE JEATS BACK TO NEW JORK .
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 pm

JEATS????? :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:28 am

OK it's time for the morning cheer GOOOOO DOLPHINZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:37 am

peddlefest wrote:OK it's time for the morning cheer GOOOOO DOLPHINZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second that!!!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:11 pm

TryThinking wrote:
peddlefest wrote:OK it's time for the morning cheer GOOOOO DOLPHINZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second that!!!

GOOD MORNING, SWITZERLAND. Make that three thumbs up! I am a nervous wreck about this one. Will be at the stadium for tailgating by 5:30... (I wish the Dolphins weren't favored. The Jets have been way too quiet of late, and I KNOW they are on a mission. We've embarrassed them way too many times and you can bet they have a plan. It would be nice if the offense broke loose today and put some points on the board, and I hope that defense is for real. This is the first honest test for it...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:31 pm

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

I'll second that!!!

GOOD MORNING, SWITZERLAND. Make that three thumbs up! I am a nervous wreck about this one. Will be at the stadium for tailgating by 5:30... (I wish the Dolphins weren't favored. The Jets have been way too quiet of late, and I KNOW they are on a mission. We've embarrassed them way too many times and you can bet they have a plan. It would be nice if the offense broke loose today and put some points on the board, and I hope that defense is for real. This is the first honest test for it...

ummm CK, I think I would consider the Vikings an honest test? :D
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:46 pm

GOOD MORNING, SWITZERLAND. Make that three thumbs up! I am a nervous wreck about this one. Will be at the stadium for tailgating by 5:30... (I wish the Dolphins weren't favored. The Jets have been way too quiet of late, and I KNOW they are on a mission. We've embarrassed them way too many times and you can bet they have a plan. It would be nice if the offense broke loose today and put some points on the board, and I hope that defense is for real. This is the first honest test for it... [/quote]
ummm CK, I think I would consider the Vikings an honest test? :D [/quote]
I don't know, Try. The Vikes are in a turmoil right now. Favre is way off his game and has yet to develop a real chemistry with his receivers. It was, of course, a test of sorts, but the Jets are comin' to get us...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:55 pm

OK CK, are you ready for this ? Tighten you seat belts and all trays in upright position. The DOLPHINS are ready.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:21 pm

LETS GO PHINS!!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:39 pm

C'Mon Dolphins WIN WIN WIN
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 pm

GO DOLPHINS!!

You guys looked pretty darn good out there tonight. 2-1 is a good start. Hold your heads high!!
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:21 am

LadyHawk wrote:GO DOLPHINS!!

You guys looked pretty darn good out there tonight. 2-1 is a good start. Hold your heads high!!

Well of course I would like to be 3-0, but they gave a good effort and never gave up. We have some obvious areas of concern, but all in all I'll take it for now.
Thanks LH.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:32 am

got to listen to the game while detouring on i70 for five hours...tough loss...go get em next week...(please)
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:29 am

CK, TT, Dolphin fans - really thought you'd pull out a W - gotta be pleased w/ your O. Tough loss - hope you get a different result next Mon pm!

Dred, 5 hrs???? Ah, shouldn't that be about 1 /2 hrs??? What a detour - through KY?
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 am

I like the Dolphins' uniforms last night. On my screen, they look like red hot chili peppers. :D
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Baglady wrote:CK, TT, Dolphin fans - really thought you'd pull out a W - gotta be pleased w/ your O. Tough loss - hope you get a different result next Mon pm!

Dred, 5 hrs???? Ah, shouldn't that be about 1 /2 hrs??? What a detour - through KY?

a brake inspector crossed over the medium and hit a car carrier semi somewhere between exit 123 and richmond...big BOOM...guy died at the scene...i spent 2 hours on i70 getting to exit 123...another 3 hours being routed to route 40 and back to i70...idiots kept passing on the right instead of staying in line...i finally joined them...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Sorry CK and Joe on your loss. I had picked the Jets but was hoping I was wrong. Hey.. I picked against my Broncos just to be fair. I don't expect much from them this year. It happens. In the grand scheme of things it must be nice to be paid millions to win or lose. Work in the real world doesn't work that way.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed. All my internet access seems unhampered so far. 8-)
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby peddlefest » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:34 pm

It's a sad day in Muddville !
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 pm

kicks wrote:Sorry CK and Joe on your loss. I had picked the Jets but was hoping I was wrong. Hey.. I picked against my Broncos just to be fair. I don't expect much from them this year. It happens. In the grand scheme of things it must be nice to be paid millions to win or lose. Work in the real world doesn't work that way.

Thanks man I appreciate that. They gave a good effort and that's about all you can expect. We have some areas to work on for sure, but it was a good game to watch.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 pm

TryThinking wrote:
kicks wrote:Sorry CK and Joe on your loss. I had picked the Jets but was hoping I was wrong. Hey.. I picked against my Broncos just to be fair. I don't expect much from them this year. It happens. In the grand scheme of things it must be nice to be paid millions to win or lose. Work in the real world doesn't work that way.

Thanks man I appreciate that. They gave a good effort and that's about all you can expect. We have some areas to work on for sure, but it was a good game to watch.

C.K. Sez: BIG, BIG problem is our play calling. WTF are they thinking? You've got 100% on 3rd Downs Louis Polite, and with 2 yards left they call a pass? That's just one example. There is something VERY wrong in this area, and it needs serious attention.
The other very real issue is the lack of consistency with the offense. Dropped balls, lack of chemistry between the QB and his receivers, ineffective in the red zone--averaging a total of what, 16 points a game? We may not be looking at last place in our division (because good ol' Buffalo--who got 30 pts off the Pats BTW) seems to have its heart set on the bottom of AFC East; however, we certainly aren't even going to see a Wild Card position without the ability to score points! Right now, our defense is carrying us (save for this little problem they have on third downs...), and as important as a great defense is, you still need an offense that can put the points up at will...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Since I'm the only one on site , I'm declareing it National Miami Dolphins Day. Maybe the coach'll wake up now.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:52 pm

peddlefest wrote:Since I'm the only one on site , I'm declareing it National Miami Dolphins Day. Maybe the coach'll wake up now.

There can always be others on the site :D
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby peddlefest » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:25 pm

TT, at that moment in time I was the only one on the site.
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:31 pm

TryThinking wrote:
peddlefest wrote:Since I'm the only one on site , I'm declareing it National Miami Dolphins Day. Maybe the coach'll wake up now.

There can always be others on the site :D

OOPS! I just stumbled in here and caught the convo. Darlin' Ped, I'm not sure this coach can be awakened, and should it happen, first and foremost he needs to get together with all the team coaches and talk about al that lame play calling! :shock: I mean, really! Between those awful plays called and the freakin' referees blowing the penalty calls--we lost (I'm thinkin') 14-17 points at least! Then he needs to address the lack of chemistry between the receivers/tight ends and the QB. The wildcat, sorry to say, is done with for the most part. If they're going to use it, they're going to need to conceal it better--until it's happening. Oh my. It's all about the offense now. It's been way too long--since Danny Marino (how many QBs is that now?)--and I really believe Henne has a lot to give, but for starters, they need to deal with his inability to release the ball. He holds onto it and is almost oblivious to the crowd of defenders coming after him. Any thoughts on that? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this, please? :?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:33 pm

*all the team coaches -- meaning all the Dolphin team, not coaches from all the teams. :oops:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:36 pm

((((( :( SULKING :cry: ))))) It was in our house last week as well, Ms B. Last couple of years it's seemed as though we do better on the road, but that's no excuse. It's painful when you have your fans all fired up and ready to go ;) and your offense falls asleep on the field. Well, that's a small exaggeration, but you know where I'm going with this! At least when it comes to the teams in our own division, there should be a "No Loss" Policy in our house.
That feeling I get (and I get it with wins as well) told me it was going to go bad, and I felt the loss to my soul (believe me, doubters--this is true!) before, during and after the game. It's miserable when it's that "loss" feeling, but amazing when it's that "win" feeling (because I have it BEFORE, during and afterwards (for days). I've felt Henne was the real deal since last season (about midway through it). As I said before, the only real problem I have with him is his slow release. Perhaps it's because I was in my prime when DM was in his prime and I was lucky enough to be there throughout his amazing career. His release was like nothing else I've ever seen--and stop snickering when I discuss his quick release--if you weren't around to witness it, you could never understand it. I know Pedfest was there. Emeritus, Bags and TT, as well; but some of you younger whippersnappers, man-oh-man what you missed! (Didn't mean to include Bags and TT as 'older,' but they've been football officianados long enough to have been around and paying attention during the Marino years...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby peddlefest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:14 pm

CK, I think you've uncovered my problem watching Henne play. I'm a Dan Marino junkyto start with. I guess I'm to accustomed to watching the ball being snapped and immediatly being rifled down field. Henne drives me crazy in the pocket. He stands there long enough to do a poka.
peddlefest
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)