THE TEAL ZONE

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: THE TEAL ZONE

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:41 pm

TryThinking wrote:Undoubtedly the worst call I've seen this year :shock:
How is it these rat bastards say there was not clear evidence?
I got it recorded on my TV if you need to take a look!!

We got jobbed!! :evil:

The reasoning made no sense at all... and the explanation was the weirdest and longest I have ever heard in a game. Who cares about the rules when they just keep altering them depending on which team it is~
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:54 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:
TryThinking wrote:Undoubtedly the worst call I've seen this year :shock:
How is it these rat bastards say there was not clear evidence?
I got it recorded on my TV if you need to take a look!!

We got jobbed!! :evil:

The reasoning made no sense at all... and the explanation was the weirdest and longest I have ever heard in a game. Who cares about the rules when they just keep altering them depending on which team it is~

It's true! The bastards are making up the rules as they go, and destroying football as we once knew it. I am so depleted from that game--I can't even imagine how the players feel. Now, there is something to be said about a team that cannot score a touchdown, regardless of the number of times it has the ball, too.
Oh and the yo yos in the broadcast booth? I mean, why didn't they just have their lips installed up Ruthlessbooger's butt??? I actually threw something at my television at one point because I could not bear to listen to the inane babbling over Ruthlessbooger's arm, talent, proficiency, blah, blah, blah, blah, on and on and on. I can't get rid of my headache!!!
That call, though... That horrible, p*ssy call with 2 minutes to go? Never in my life have I heard such a crock of crap!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:05 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:Well that sucketh... Tough loss to all of you Phin Phans. Yes most definitely some very questionable calls. The Zeebs love the Steelers :shock:

I can't believe how they even came up with that last call, kitty. They should have explained it thusly: "Yes, there's no denying that Ben fumbled the ball, but we don't want to have to penalize him or do anything that may take the game away from him and his team, so we'll say something like, 'well, yeah, he fumbled, but really, so what? Could happen to anyone. We'll call it a fumble, but give him back the ball again--cool, right? ;) ;) Then he can do what he wants and maybe GO FOR IT, Ben--you'll still be in the lead, right? ;) Your defense has kept them from scoring a TD throughout the entire game, sooo--they have no time-outs left, so there is NO WAY The Fins can win!!!!! :mrgreen:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Chargers are doing their best to hand the game to the Patriots :(
This day is just getting worse.....
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Not only did the refs blow the call in spite of clear evidence to the contrary, but then Ben lied about it when interviewed, saying that he was on top of the ball all of the time. I guess that he hadn't seen the tape.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:01 pm

What impressed me in the Chargers vs. Patriots game was how good the Chargers defense is. If my Texans had a defense like that, we'd be undefeated!
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Emeritus wrote:Not only did the refs blow the call in spite of clear evidence to the contrary, but then Ben lied about it when interviewed, saying that he was on top of the ball all of the time. I guess that he hadn't seen the tape.

That's what a degenerate does. Looks everyone in the eyes and lies, never even stopping to think who might have seen what really happened! Even when he knows the game is being taped and that the tape will be replayed and reviewed over and over again--he just makes up his little lie and tells it! Oh, and he'll stand by it, too, and continue to insist he's telling the truth! :twisted:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 am

They could have made up a better coverup for the fumble play. They should have said once they called a touchdown, the whistle blew and the play was over, thus making any fooling around with the dead ball fruitless, and then gave it back to the Steelers because technically no fumble occurred. But these guys were pretty much too stupid to even try that, and they just made some shat up.

"Um, well, he fumbled it, but.....um, well, we don't want to be responsible for anything that occurs after that, so....um.....well, eff it; just give the ball back to the Steelers. We officially don't know who has the ball, so tie goes to the runner.....err, I mean, I don't know what I mean."
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 pm

SuperSerial wrote:They could have made up a better coverup for the fumble play. They should have said once they called a touchdown, the whistle blew and the play was over, thus making any fooling around with the dead ball fruitless, and then gave it back to the Steelers because technically no fumble occurred. But these guys were pretty much too stupid to even try that, and they just made some shat up.

"Um, well, he fumbled it, but.....um, well, we don't want to be responsible for anything that occurs after that, so....um.....well, eff it; just give the ball back to the Steelers. We officially don't know who has the ball, so tie goes to the runner.....err, I mean, I don't know what I mean."

LOL@SuperSerial! Better than that--they had Ruthlessbooger working for them as well. He apparently didn't get the memo that you can lie about something 80,000 people didn't witness, but when you have replay plus 80,000 live witnesses, you can't just say that you had the ball the entire time and make it so :roll: . I could not believe that he made that statement and thought it would fly. Perhaps one of the Pittsburgh coaches should have clued him in on it...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Perhaps lying just gets to be a habit.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:15 pm

Good win Dolphins!!!
Better yet, Jets & Bills lost!
Now all I need is a Viking win to make it a perfect weekend!!
Go Dolphins!!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:53 pm

You do know cats eat insects for sport... you know that right try... Grrrr grrrr Hissssss hissss :twisted:
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:16 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:You do know cats eat insects for sport... you know that right try... Grrrr grrrr Hissssss hissss :twisted:

This insect carries some major fire power!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:51 pm

TryThinking wrote:
SteveTheCat wrote:You do know cats eat insects for sport... you know that right try... Grrrr grrrr Hissssss hissss :twisted:

Hmmmmm? Your great Big Gun is smoking... Looks like you already spent your load :o
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:48 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

Hmmmmm? Your great Big Gun is smoking... Looks like you already spent your load :o

I can reload quickly!! :D
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:17 pm

Congratulations to the Dolphins on their win and the loss by the Jets. I was hopping that the Patriots would lose, but they are just looking better and better. At least you can forget about the Bills.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:43 pm

Congratulations Dolphin fans!
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 am

Yep, if only every game could be on the road, lol.
Attachments
Dolphins1.gif
Dolphins1.gif (15.54 KiB) Viewed 20327 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:40 am

Get er dun
Attachments
HennePass.jpg
HennePass.jpg (117.43 KiB) Viewed 20342 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 am

Congrats Dolphins fans!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks for the congrats and now if they could just learn how to win at HOME this year! ;)
Attachments
runrickyrun.jpg
runrickyrun.jpg (115.1 KiB) Viewed 20312 times
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:59 pm

On the subject of 'winning at home,' Try, I just have to tell you something about 'home.'--that was brought home to me after being at the Colts' game.
Believe me when I tell you--our home atmosphere (since the inception of the Ross ownership) is so friggin' ridiculous, it's no wonder the team can't win. At Lucas Stadium, it was all about football. The atmosphere, the behavior, the prompts from the speakers--everything football. In our silly stadium, when you walk in, because of the Brito painting all over it, you feel more like you are entering a great big game of Candyland. Never mind the orange carpet celebration--the announcements as the 'stars' come into the house (I don't even go in until well after that nonsense). Game time? Rap music, constant big screen shots of J Lo, et al. (saying, "Fins up!")--and some of the 'stars' just sitting around and talking during the game. Touchdown song? Gone! Replaced by "Fins to the Left, Fins to the Right, it's the only game in town,' sung to the tune of some Jimmy Buffet song.
I had been bothered about all the silliness this year, but it wasn't until I attended the Colts' game that I realized just how much. The continuity, the fan involvement and pretty much everything about football in Sun Life Stadium is party time for Steve Ross to show off his 'star' friends. It is downright pathetic.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:13 pm

LOL, it could be worse. The Cowboys are still trying to win a game in the House That Jerry Built.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:31 am

Congrats on signing Al Harris!
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:38 pm

I was hoping that the Texans would sign him, considering the fact that they have the worst pass defense ever seen at any level of football. Pee Wee league teams are better.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Well, thank you to all who came over to pay their condolences and/or congratulate us on our wild ride yesterday! :lol:

Pennington always goes down with an injury about this time of year, so I was expecting it--just maybe not in his second play of the game. Fortunately, Henne came in there looking good and giving us 2 of the 3 TDs of the game. Up till this game, we had a total of 2 TDs all season, lol ( :cry: ). Perhaps it was just fate, though, that we had to lose them to find out that Thigpen (regardless of how silly his name is). is the QB the Fins have been so desperately searching for woe these many years. He came into the game yesterday as though he belonged there, and I was reminded of the scene in "Remember the Titans," when Sunshine had to go in for Rev when he was injured. He took control and never looked back.
I was tremendously impressed by Thigpen when he was interviewed after the game. He was asked how many reps he took in practice last week, and he replied, "None." Of course they continued by asking the inane question: "Were you ready..." He replied something to the effect of: "Third string QB ALWAYS has to be ready. That's what the job is all about." He mentioned that he had been a first string QB, so he also knows what that job entails. When they finally asked whether he thought he would now be first string, he answered, with enormous confidence, "I'm hoping."
Unfortunately, the loss of 2 QBs was not the total extent of injuries yesterday. Both Jake Long AND Channing Crowder were hurt as well. So it would seem we are in a bad place where injuries are concerned, and (this is the scary part)--there is no info coming out of the Dolphin camp regarding what, exactly the injuries are and how long we will be without... I know they are on the waiver wires regarding a second string QB, which pretty much tells us Henne won't be back immediately, and we don't need a crystal ball to tell us that Pennington is out for the season, and perhaps forever. Jake Long would be an ENORMOUS loss on offense, and Channing Crowder is a major force on defense. It is funny though, how (sometimes) losses like this cause the team to close ranks and step up. I've seen it many times before, and I've seen teams that looked helpless thrive upon the loss of players who were thought to be the major forces of the team.
So, as I ponder, I can't help but wonder if a team (like, say, my Dolphins) has been more or less wandering around like a fart in a blizzard, appearing each week as a different team--sometimes better, sometimes worse--but never really great, could a sudden, (what appears to be) 'major catastrophe,' turn out to be the answer to all of the problems. How many times have I complained of the coaching, the personnel (both coaching and players) problems, blah, blah blah? Wouldn't it be a hoot if one wild afternoon in November turned out to be the solution to it all!
Okay, okay. YES, it is me. I haven't been kidnapped, and no, no one else is blogging in my absence. I suppose it was one of those days that "you just had to be there." Joy is infectious, and there was plenty of it to go around yesterday at that sparsely attended game. I caught the infection, and damn! It would be great if the team did too... <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Re:

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:00 pm

cklaurence wrote:
Okay, okay. YES, it is me. I haven't been kidnapped, and no, no one else is blogging in my absence. I suppose it was one of those days that "you just had to be there." Joy is infectious, and there was plenty of it to go around yesterday at that sparsely attended game. I caught the infection, and damn! It would be great if the team did too... <3

I was just thinking exactly this as I was reading it... :lol:
Looks like Cameron Wake and Chris Clemons are hurt too :( It's going to be a tough game against a good D on a short week.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:29 am

Dang, tough loss, Dolphins fans...I couldn't see the game but saw the score. Any given game day, right? Keep the faith.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:36 am

Tough night CK and TT...I really think the problem was coaching. Talk about throwing Thigpen into the frying pan. IMO the coaches should have ran the ball A LOT more. They invented the Wildcat, use it.

Have a good weekend!
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:37 am

LadyHawk wrote:Dang, tough loss, Dolphins fans...I couldn't see the game but saw the score. Any given game day, right? Keep the faith.

It was ugly, on the upside.................. well it was ugly
TryThinking
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)