Weekly NFL picks (week4)

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Weekly NFL picks (week4)

Postby Pollster » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:05 am

Here is the scheduled games for week 4 so everyone can make their picks.

-Sunday
49ers @ Falcons
Jets @ Bills
Bengals @ Browns
Lions @ Packers
Panthers @ Saints
Ravens @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Broncos @ Titans
Colts @ Jaguars
Texans @ Raiders
Redskins @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Chargers
Bears @ Giants
-Monday
Patriots @ Dolphins

Bye Week: Cowboys, Chiefs, Vikings, Buccaneers
1 vote per person is all we ask!
Pollster

Re: Weekly NFL picks (week4)

Postby dredwak » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Falcons (because i will never pick the 9ers...)
Jets (poor Bills...)
Bengals (see above pick...substitute Browns...)
Packers (see above pick...substitute Lions...)
Saints
Ravens
Seahawks
Titans
Colts
Texans
Eagles (because i have to pick one of them...)
Chargers
Giants (hopefully this will be a get your shit together game for the Giants...)
-Monday
Dolphins (because the Patriots barely beat the Bills...)

Cowboys, Chiefs, Vikings, Buccaneers (wont lose this week...)
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Pollster wrote:Here is the scheduled games for week 4 so everyone can make their picks.

-Sunday
49ers @ Falcons
Jets @ Bills
Bengals @ Browns
Lions @ Packers
Panthers @ Saints
Ravens @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Broncos @ Titans
Colts @ Jaguars
Texans @ Raiders
Redskins @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Chargers
Bears @ Giants
-Monday
Patriots @ Dolphins

Okay. I am still totally bummed by Sunday Night's fiasco in Miami, but I'm a trooper, so here I go:

49ers - I know smart money is on the Falcons and that 16 bet against Miami last week, but on any given Sunday...
Bills - WTF, why not? I would love to see the Jets get their clocks cleaned...
Bengals - as everyone knows, Chad OchoCinco was my son's receiver in high school
Packers - I've already gone for 2 upsets, but the Packers are going to be ready to rumble after last week, I'm guessing
Saints - (See Packers' logic)
Pittsburgh - This would be a really good game to go with the upset, but I'm thinking The Twelfth Man will be working hard...
Seahawks - for m'Lady...
Titans - another interesting shot at an upset, but I'm just not feeling it...
Colts - for my other Lady...
Texans - for Reecey and Emeritus
Eagles - as much as I would LOVE to see the Eagles crash and burn, for some reason I don't think this is the week...
Chargers - coin flip
Giants - aside from the fact that it's Bags' second team-- they NEED this win!
Dolphins - I NEVER take the opposing team of the Fins; but, if ever I would, it would be this week. Anyway, GO DOLPHINS!
BYE WEEK: I take the Chiefs and the Vikes :lol: :P
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby 16Forever » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:10 am

-Sunday
Falcons (AGAINST MY HEART BUT WITH MY BRAIN)
Jets
Bengals
Packers
Saints
Ravens
Seahawks
Titans
Colts
Texans
Eagles
Chargers
Giants
-Monday
Dolphins (I LOVE YOU CK XOXOX :D )
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby BabyHawk » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58 am

Falcons
Jets
Bungles
The Pack
Saints
Squealers
Hawks
Donks
Colts
Texans
Eagles
Chargers
Bears
Phins

sorry 16
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Falcons
Jets
Bengals
Packers
Saints
Ravens
Seahawks
Titans
Colts
Texans
Eagles
Chargers
Bears
-Monday
Patriots
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:52 pm

I was going to use a coin flip to chose the games since it would probably be about as reliable as I have been this season but I thought I would try once again to prognosticate the games. Here goes.

Falcons
Jets
Bengals
Packers
Saints
Steelers
Rams
Titans
Colts
Texans
Eagles
Chargers
Bears
Dolphins

*flips coin just to double check. coin lands in toilet. lesson one - never flip a coin near the toilet*
Dog%20Toilet.gif
Dog%20Toilet.gif (213.95 KiB) Viewed 12359 times
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby SteveTheCat » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:33 pm

49ers Vs Falcons Falcons
Early season sidelines changes on the 49ers indicate deeper problems than a few lost games. The Falcons, coming off a win against the Super Bowl champions will be looking to have another blow out weekend like week two. 31 - 14

Jets Vs Bills Jets
The Bills offense under the command of Mr. Interception Fitzpatrick was greatly improved last week. An improvement will not be enough to beat the Jets. I loathe saying this, but looks like the Jets will start the season with three divisional wins. 34- 13

Bengals Vs Browns Bengals
This will be another frustrating loss for the Browns. Lack of offense with the loss of Delhomme will stop them in their tracks again. Carson Palmer is not looking great considering the tools at his disposal, but they are managing to get the wins. 17-10

Lions Vs Packers Packers
After a shocking loss to the Bears on MNF the Pack will look to redeem themselves after a record 18 penalties in a game. Unfortunately this day of revenge will come at Lambeau and the Lions will be the victims. Hopefully Stafford will be back before the bye week and get the Lions a win or two this year. 21 - 13

Panthers Vs Saints Saints
Let’s see Panthers QBs two touchdowns and six interceptions average QB rating 43.95. Drew Breese six touchdowns and only two interceptions, 107.6. That pretty much all that needs to be said about this match-up. 28 - 6

Ravens Vs Steelers Steelers
When the Steelers defense is working like this even a lack of decent offense is a not a consideration on this pick. The Ravens are a good team, but Flacco will be shaken and stirred by the Steelers defense. 21 - 14

Seahawks Vs Rams Seahawks
Neither of these teams are exactly setting passing records this year. More interceptions than touchdowns are not the way for either team to start the season. Seahawks get the nod on this, but it should have been an easier choice. 17 - 10

Broncos Vs Titans Titans
The Broncos shot themselves in the hoof last week with turnovers. The Titans defense is tough and will force the same kind of plays that led to the turnovers. I think the Titans are playing far above their actual worth and cannot put points up against a strong defense. Unfortunately that is an area the Broncos are thin. 20 - 17

Colts Vs Jaguars Colts
When Peyton is playing up to his ability he is too hard to stop. The Jags will not see a win this week as Peyton takes charge of the game. 31 - 6

Texans Vs Raiders Texans
Weaknesses on the Texans defense were exposed against the Cowboys. The fact was inevitable the Cowboys would find the winning combination at some point during the year and that happened against a very worthy opponent in the Texans. The Texans will want to avenge that loss and show why they were undefeated. 30 - 10

Redskins Vs Eagles Eagles
Mike Vick is proving himself and showing that he is again a quarterback on a mission. The Redskins lack of defense will be far too evident. 28 - 3

Cards Vs Chargers Chargers
The Chargers should come out swinging in this match-up on home turf. The Cardinals should want to prove their two wins were not against lesser teams. These two teams are hot and cold this year and I do not see an end in sight. 21 - 17

Bears Vs Giants Bears
Whatever Martz and Smith are doing it is working. Forcing Green Bay into so many stupid penalties won the game. If the new Dr. J’ulius or Dr. Peppers whatever you prefer, has half the game he did Monday the Giants and Eli will not have a chance. 24 - 16

Patriots Vs Dolphins Patriots
I’ll start by saying the Dolphins played a great game against the Jets, much better than the Patriots the week before. Football is a game of stats, not that you can always count on them, but stats always must be considered. The Patriots are the better offensive team and when actually keeping our head in the game for all four quarters an unstoppable team. Our defense showed a few weaknesses as any young defense will, but they will be well prepared for Monday night’s game at Sun Life Stadium.

Sorry about the Phins Phans
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:48 pm

:D The Kitty's picks each week get more enjoyable. Her analyses are staunch and well thought-out and interesting reading for me. Thank you--a big purr goes out to the orange cat on the podium to your right...(((((SEARCHING, SEARCHING, SEARCHING FOR THE KITTY SMILEY...AHA! :twisted: )))))
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:53 pm

*Although, I believe I saw a slight bias in her Dolphin/Patriot analysis, tee hee. I'm not saying she is wrong about the outcome, but I mean, what could I have expected from the fierce little kitty when it comes to the Pats? Those Pat fans are a tough lot...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SteveTheCat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Awww Thanks CK! I picked before I knew Delhomme was probable to play, but still think the Bengals have the best chance at a win. Sorry about your Phins I had to go with the Pats even though I have little faith in a win for the New England fellows this weekend :?
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:Awww Thanks CK! I picked before I knew Delhomme was probable to play, but still think the Bengals have the best chance at a win. Sorry about your Phins I had to go with the Pats even though I have little faith in a win for the New England fellows this weekend :?

You can change your choices right up until the first game of the weekend starts, kitty; but why don't you have confidence in your team??? The Fins have no offense at all, and it is probably one of the easiest to coach against. We are so predictable! The play calling is horrible--and I do mean horrible. :roll: I know your defense has not been up to snuff yet, but man, I'll bet they will look like stars against us.
I don't mean to be so down on my own team, but what is, is! Our defense is as yet untested. The Jets were the best offense we have come up against, and, well, they won didn't they? :x I'm just sayin'... :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SteveTheCat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 pm

cklaurence wrote:
SteveTheCat wrote:Awww Thanks CK! I picked before I knew Delhomme was probable to play, but still think the Bengals have the best chance at a win. Sorry about your Phins I had to go with the Pats even though I have little faith in a win for the New England fellows this weekend :?

You can change your choices right up until the first game of the weekend starts, kitty; but why don't you have confidence in your team??? The Fins have no offense at all, and it is probably one of the easiest to coach against. We are so predictable! The play calling is horrible--and I do mean horrible. :roll: I know your defense has not been up to snuff yet, but man, I'll bet they will look like stars against us.
I don't mean to be so down on my own team, but what is, is! Our defense is as yet untested. The Jets were the best offense we have come up against, and, well, they won didn't they? :x I'm just sayin'... :cry:

Our defense has been horrid in the second half at home games and worse when away. Plus, there it is the Miami mystique that plagues the Pats. Not that I considered it a rivalry as the teams are friendly, unlike the icky Jets. Our play calling was like that last year. We were using mathematical means to choose the best play for the given situation which was sooo stupid as the other teams could use the same formulations and prepare their defense. Hence the fourth down fiasco against the Colts.

It was too funny... kicks and I were watching a Pat's game and we did or typical first and inches to the goal and blew it three times~ kicks said what the hell was that :o . I just said the New England Patriots hun, the New England Patriots. :oops:

Your Defense was much better against the Jets than ours. The first half was played with speed, heart and brains! The second half... Valium, warm milk and blankies. Which is super confusing since we went from having the second oldest defense to the seventh youngest defense. Monday night will be a great game as neither of these teams come in to the game to play overly physical. I have always considered the match-up to be the most gentlemanly play in football. Well except for that one snow-blower incident :P He he heeeee
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:08 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:
cklaurence wrote:

Our defense has been horrid in the second half at home games and worse when away. Plus, there it is the Miami mystique that plagues the Pats. Not that I considered it a rivalry as the teams are friendly, unlike the icky Jets. Our play calling was like that last year. We were using mathematical means to choose the best play for the given situation which was sooo stupid as the other teams could use the same formulations and prepare their defense. Hence the fourth down fiasco against the Colts.
You just had to remind me of that damned snow blower incident! :x Seriously, I think you are being unusually (for you) critical of your team here. Oh, agreed, Fins and Pats (when they play one another) are far better gamesmen than with the Jets. The Jets always come in to town with attitude (fans included!) and relentlessly bang away at the Fins (and fans). I think I would rather lose to ANY OTHER team in the NFL than the Jets! They are miserable winners as well. I try to stay seated until every single one of them has left the stadium, because walking through with them is pure Hell. I don't have to tell you about, J-e-t-s, J-e-t-s, J-e-t-s, Jets, Jets Jets (us: SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!). They'd sooner smack you, than say, "Good Game."
I guess we'll find out which of us is right about the game and outcome on Monday. I chose the Fins, but then, I have never, never, never chosen against my team. I just can't do it! Unless something drastically changed this week (like they snuck in a new coach down here :lol: ).

It was too funny... kicks and I were watching a Pat's game and we did or typical first and inches to the goal and blew it three times~ kicks said what the hell was that :o . I just said the New England Patriots hun, the New England Patriots. :oops:

Your Defense was much better against the Jets than ours. The first half was played with speed, heart and brains! The second half... Valium, warm milk and blankies. Which is super confusing since we went from having the second oldest defense to the seventh youngest defense. Monday night will be a great game as neither of these teams come in to the game to play overly physical. I have always considered the match-up to be the most gentlemanly play in football. Well except for that one snow-blower incident :P He he heeeee
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:01 pm

A gentlemanly football match-up? I'm all for good sportsmanship, but you win football games by physically whipping your opponent. The Dolphins didn't make Long their first draft choice because of his good manners.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 am

Emeritus wrote:A gentlemanly football match-up? I'm all for good sportsmanship, but you win football games by physically whipping your opponent. The Dolphins didn't make Long their first draft choice because of his good manners.

I'm just guessin', but I think what the kitty meant wasn't so much "gentlemanly," but the match-up between Fins and Pats doesn't carry the hatred that the Jets (team) bring into your stadium. ( :shock: Now, if you're talking about fans that's a different story all together! A way long time ago--please excuse me for even referencing this here/now--there was some knock-down, drag-out, grab-your-armor arguments among New England fans and fans of some other teams. I can say this, because as embarrassed as I am about it now, I was a big part of the bad behavior! :oops:) The Patriots come to play (and win!), no doubt about it, but the Jets come to beat-up your players and leave them devastated, crying for their mommies to kiss their boo boos and carry them home.

I am reading back, and I'm not sure I cleared anything up here (even though I wrote it). Having had the Jets in our stadium just a week ago today, my head just might not be clear enough to explain anything, much less the (extremely) peculiar dynamics of the AFC East. I know all the other teams in all the other divisions have "stuff" going on as well, but the AFC East? So, so, so very peculiar! :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:11 am

:oops: GRAMMAR BLAST...*there [color=#FF0000]were some knock-down...[/color]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Pollster » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:50 am

We still have not heard from the defending week 3 champion TC Texan and some other regulars;

TryThinking, Baglady, peddlefest, Reecey and we have a new addition to the picks this week babyhawk.

Is this the procrastinators anonymous club this week?

Good luck to all those that play.
1 vote per person is all we ask!
Pollster

Postby TryThinking » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:24 am

Well lets see if I can do a bit better than last week?! :roll:
~looks at clock~
Been way too busy this week and have no idea about any injuries or acquisitions, but I don't think I could do worse than last week! ;)
DAMN I WONDER IF I JUST JINXED MYSELF :lol:

Falcons (umm yeah)
Jets (it is the Bills after all)
Bengals (they need to have a complete game for once)
Packers (D'OH)
Saints (D'OH)
Steelers (home field very close game)
Seahawks (true test of the team coming together)
Titans (hate to pick them)
Colts (D'OH)
Texans (have I told you that I hate the Raiders?)
Redskins (I just gotta pull for McNabb on this)
Chargers (I think it will be closer than people think, but home field for what it's worth *in San Diego*)
Bears (Giants need this bad, home field ..... so that's my logic for going with the Bears)
Dolphins (screw it going with my heart!)
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:47 am

Not much love here for the Jets. So glad the Colts are no longer in that div. Teams and their fans sometimes reflect their HC. The AFCCG game here in Jan - well, Jets fans reminded me of their HC.....

Week 4
Falcons
Jets - ugh but it's v Buffalo
Browns - at home and the Bengals just haven't impressed
Packers - hope Stafford is back soon for the Lions
Saints
Ravens - probably wrong on this one but just think the Steelers are due for a loss
Rams - really tough call and it's hard to imagine the Rams winning 2 in a row.
Broncos (imo wasn't so much the 2 turnovers last Sun as 2 FG's in 5 trips in the red zone - think they improve that today)
COLTS
Texans
Eagles
Chargers
Giants (wishful thinking???)
Dolphins (NE has lost 7 of it's last 9 road games)
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Pollster wrote:Here is the scheduled games for week 4 so everyone can make their picks.

-Sunday
49ers @ Falcons
Jets @ Bills
Bengals @ Browns
Lions @ Packers
Panthers @ Saints
Ravens @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Broncos @ Titans
Colts @ Jaguars
Texans @ Raiders
Redskins @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Chargers
Bears @ Giants
-Monday
Patriots @ Dolphins

Falcons
Jets
Bengals
Packers
Saints
Ravens
Seahawks
Broncos
Colts
Texans
Redskins
Chargers
Bears
Dolphins
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)