BLUE ZONE hangout

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: BLUE ZONE hangout

Postby TryThinking » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:53 pm

dredwak wrote:Image

LOL Dred, you're a phunny phucker!! I wish I could have made the last trip out there when everyone met up.
I've met Indyjenn, howbout, Reecey, Baglady, clips and ladyhawk already and had a laugh or two.... :D
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:48 pm

all fine folks tt...i feel very blessed to have met some of them...
folks rail against foxsports...but i have met some very cool people and hope to meet a few more...because of that lousy site...
i likely will be coming out that way next year...thinking about taking a train...hopefully going to the sd zoo...traveling through your neck of the woods... 8-)
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

dred - I agree. Though I don't blog at Foxsports anymore, it's part of the reason THIS PLACE exists and why I've met some of the coolest people ever.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:18 pm

dredwak wrote:all fine folks tt...i feel very blessed to have met some of them...
folks rail against foxsports...but i have met some very cool people and hope to meet a few more...because of that lousy site...
i likely will be coming out that way next year...thinking about taking a train...hopefully going to the sd zoo...traveling through your neck of the woods... 8-)

Let me know when the time gets close and we'll definitely meet up. I'd love do a looooooong train ride across the country when I ever get some extended time.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:58 pm

LadyHawk wrote:dred - I agree. Though I don't blog at Foxsports anymore, it's part of the reason THIS PLACE exists and why I've met some of the coolest people ever.

AMEN TO THAT!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Baglady » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:55 am

Emeritus wrote:Will everybody please sign my petition to restart the season?

Here's one of many but dred's John Hancock - perfect - lol!
Attachments
Dallas Clark signature.jpg
Dallas Clark signature.jpg (2.01 KiB) Viewed 20651 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:50 pm

G O
C O W B O Y S. . .
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:19 am

dredwak wrote:G O
C O W B O Y S. . .

Tomorrow should be.... a good game. Think we'll all be glad to have the roof closed.
Oh, it's @ Indy so it's
GO COLTS
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:14 pm

It's 1:14 pm in Beaumont, TX and the temperature is 79 degrees.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:00 pm

PICT0001.jpg
PICT0001.jpg (178.46 KiB) Viewed 20648 times
5 minutes ago...just south of dayton...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:25 pm

It looks like somebody spilled a lot of sugar. It snowed here in December of 2008. People still talk about it.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Wow...sorry Colts fans. Tough day for Peyton Manning.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:56 pm

I would so love to restart this season.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Baglady » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:34 am

LadyHawk wrote:Wow...sorry Colts fans. Tough day for Peyton Manning.

Thanks LH, several of those lately - lol! Different season in Indy this yr but we're not out of it ..... yet. Win the last 4 and the Colts win the AFC South. No easy task. Starts tonight WITHOUT Addai, Collie, Hart, Hayden and Session (that I know of)....

Powers and now Sanders on IR makes it 15 Colts placed on IR this season. Always say it's no excuse but 15 - geeeesh. Will be interesting to see how much D Rhodes plays - just resigned this week. Always liked him and many thought he should have been the MVP of SB 41.

GO COLTS !!!
Last edited by Baglady on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 am

Best of luck tonight, Lady.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks Em...

Thought the Colts were OK up 21-7 at halftime. But the Titans sure stayed in the game. Have to wonder about Fisher punting on 4th and 1 when you have C Johnson??? And, some of these penalties on the Colts - "leveraging" last wk, ag the Titans it was "batting and using disconcerting language" or whatever they said - geeeesh.

Special Teams - Taj Smith again making a great play. (But please Colts - just take touchbacks....). Great to see Manning have a great game and Garcon :D

Colts still struggling ag the run and will face MJD, McFadden and C Johnson again so the D will be challenged in the final games. We actually got about 85 yds rushing but even if the Colts win the last 3 games and the AFC South, doubtful they'd go far unless the running game improves and the run D. Getting Addai, Hart, Collie, Hayden, Session and some others healthy sure will help. Great having a few extra days between games...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm just amazed at how well the Jaguars are playing. I had picked them to finish last in the division. I guess that shows how much I know.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Emeritus wrote:I'm just amazed at how well the Jaguars are playing. I had picked them to finish last in the division. I guess that shows how much I know.

Seems to me EVERYONE picked the Colts and TX's to battle for the AFC South w/ the Titans 3rd and Jags last. I read the Jags owner challenged EVERYONE in the Jags organization, coaches, players - everyone this season. It sure worked... A little good luck didn't hurt either.... Unlike previous seasons, they've had very few games blacked out and it sure has quieted the talk about DelRio's future there as well as any potential move to another city. Colts finally played a good game on all sides to beat them. Held MJD and R Jennings to under 60 yds and D Brown had 129 rushing for the Colts. Huge win but am afraid we may have "won the battle only to lose the war" as Collie is now on IR. IMO, his presence opened up the run game for the Colts. But, the Colts did the right thing in putting his long term health first. He will be missed but hope he can return next season.....

GO COLTS !!!!
Attachments
'.jpg
'.jpg (52.59 KiB) Viewed 20618 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:57 am

Since the Texans are out of it I'll be rooting for the Colts, Lady.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks Em, I would do the same for the Texans... You really had about the worst luck in the NFL this season - imo....

Sounds like Addai is ready to play Sunday - hope so. We are so due some good news...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Emeritus wrote:Since the Texans are out of it I'll be rooting for the Colts, Lady.

I am too. But only because if I can't beat Peyton, I don't want anyone else to. It's selfish, but I don't know if people understand how difficult it really is to beat Android 18. Often times it's almost impossible. You don't run off a long streak of 12 game win seasons being a panzy. So, represent our AFC South, and make us proud.....until we can come back and kick your butt next year. GO Cu....I mean AFC SOUTH! :P 8-) :mrgreen: :D :) ;) 8-)
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Colts have been my second team all season. Of course, they moved into first place after last Sunday's performance by my Dolphins vs. Buffalo. A team that plays like that EVER, much less at home, late in a hapless season, just doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Even I, the only fan that will be sitting in the stands regardless of broken foot and doctor's orders not to, recognize when the team does not care about me as much as I have cared about them. .. :cry:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 pm

CK, there's always room for you on the bandwagon :)

IF and that's a BIG IF we win the AFC South, honestly I don't expect the Colts to go far. Lost too many playmakers to IR (esp Bullitt, Clark and Collie). Back ups are back ups for a reason.... Not being pessimistic but realistic. Would love to be proven wrong !!! Meanwhile Merry Christmas...
Attachments
horseshoe-ornament-zoom.jpg
horseshoe-ornament-zoom.jpg (60.19 KiB) Viewed 20951 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Trying to post a youtube link.... Peyton's 22 yd bootleg run yesterday. He's no M Vick but was fun to watch. It was actually the 2nd longest run of his career. Doubt we'll see another for a while!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_PeSQhULQ
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 am

LOL, I saw the run. It reminded me of that offensive lineman returning the kick. Peyton had to slide not because he had somebody in front of him, but because he was fast being overtaken by a huge defensive lineman. Peyton is a great quarterback, but he couldn't make a living running the ball.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Baglady wrote:CK, there's always room for you on the bandwagon :)

IF and that's a BIG IF we win the AFC South, honestly I don't expect the Colts to go far. Lost too many playmakers to IR (esp Bullitt, Clark and Collie). Back ups are back ups for a reason.... Not being pessimistic but realistic. Would love to be proven wrong !!! Meanwhile Merry Christmas...

If I were a band-wagoner, dear Ellen--this would not be the year I chose to come on-board. You could have called me one last year, but I've earned my stripes by staying strong this year as well! I am ever-so-loyal to the teams I love. Always The U and Dolphins. Now Colts as well. In fact, a real band-wagoner would have shown up at the beginning of Peyton's career, not the twilight years where Colts will once again be in the QB Hunt (a terrible place--a VERY terrible place...)! :cry: <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:41 am

Em - HA, I thought the same about Peyton's bootleg run and Connolly's long return - great entertainment - lol! And the odds are probably about the same to see either again anytime soon.

CK, the "twilight" of Peyton's career - PLEASE no reminder needed. :(
I wonder what will happen to Colts football here once he retires. :?: :?: :?: Hopefully we have him a few more years and NO, Painter is NOT the answer from what I've seen. I'll let Polian deal w/ that - as if I have a choice!

Just concentrating on beating the Titans Sunday - one game at a time....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:15 pm

Our :lol: Colts will be fine this weekend. Although, I was thinking that perhaps I ought to root for the Titans to give OUR :D Colts a better chance, d''ya think? :arrow: <3
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:25 pm

cklaurence wrote:Our :lol: Colts will be fine this weekend. Although, I was thinking that perhaps I ought to root for the Titans to give OUR :D Colts a better chance, d''ya think? :arrow: <3

Hope you're right CK.... But if we can't beat the Titans at home, the Colts don't deserve to win the AFC South. That said and no predicition, I like our chances. We've outrushed both MJD and McFadden the last 2 wks. Yes, the Colts DO have a running game and can stop the run! Great to see Addai back and both Hart and Session practiced fully so far this wk :D ...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:28 pm

I too am thrilled to have Addai back. As I said, the only problem I am having is whether to root for the Titans to protect our Colts. Help me out here--what do you think about that?
cklaurence
Godmother

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)