BLUE ZONE hangout

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: BLUE ZONE hangout

Postby Baglady » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:31 pm

cklaurence wrote:I'm waiting for Buck_Wild's analysis of Week 2...

ck, actually Buck had an emergency Fri and spent the w/e in the hospital but all is OK I believe. I'll remind him he owes his analysis!
Colts released QB Hiller but signed RB Allen Patrick and CB Glenn Sharpe. Not sure I get the RB pick up w/ Addai, Brown and Hart but we'll see. Next game Thurs @ GB
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby BUCK_WILD » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:11 am

Good Morning. Well week three with the starters seeing some more playing time I can see us getting a preseason win. Not that it matters but would be a moral boost for the team and fans. I like Tom and can see him taking Painters spot as #2 QB. Just hope we don't have to see him after preseason till week 15 and 16 LOL.

GO COLTS!!!!
BUCK_WILD
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Buck, sorry that "vison" you had of a win didn't pan it - lol! About the worst beat down of the Colts I've seen in a LONG time :( ugh... Sure hope the D shows up by wk 1. A little good news is Brackett's injury was just a bruise and he's already practicing and expected to play wk 1. And Clark and Collie are back practicing as well. Haven't heard any updates on Addai, Lacey, Ugoh or Saturday - Jeff, that is...
And Sanders isn't hurt - yet!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby BUCK_WILD » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:11 am

Morning Mrs Bags,
Yes my depression is just now clearing. Thurday against the Bengals I am not holding my breath either. Preseason curse has us in it's grips. At least it's a home game thanfully, that will help.
Thant new rule wheere Peyton can do the quick snap is BS, Billicheat must if had something to do with that HAhAhA
BUCK_WILD
Rookie

Postby tenn10 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:29 pm

I agree Buck....it probably is all Satans....er I mean Belichick's fault
0-4 again in pre-season......oh well Brandstater and James looked good and so did White....we should keep em all 3
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 pm

tenn10 wrote:I agree Buck....it probably is all Satans....er I mean Belichick's fault
0-4 again in pre-season......oh well Brandstater and James looked good and so did White....we should keep em all 3[/b]

Well, at least all 3 made the practice squad.
Great to see Saturday and Clark back at practice - hope all the starters are 100% next Sun.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 am

SOOOOOOOO ready for the COLTS to defend the AFC title. Just hope the O line holds up :?:
Attachments
2009 AFC Champ 2.jpg
2009 AFC Champ 2.jpg (86.97 KiB) Viewed 15143 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:58 am

Good luck Texans ... errr I mean Colts :D
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:16 pm

On the bright side Bags, you don't have the pressure of a perfect season now.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:24 pm

TryThinking wrote:On the bright side Bags, you don't have the pressure of a perfect season now.

That's true for Bags (except maybe for her Giants), but once again, we Dolphin fans have the perfect season "pressure" thing going on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:27 pm

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:On the bright side Bags, you don't have the pressure of a perfect season now.

That's true for Bags (except maybe for her Giants), but once again, we Dolphin fans have the perfect season "pressure" thing going on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

easy there girl.... we don't need any extra pressure at all ;)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:30 am

Geeesh, got the answer about the Colts O line - ouch.... sure hope Peyton makes it through the season. That O line had not played even once all together so hopefully we'll see improvement - soon! And the D - ugh...

Wk 2, Manning v Manning - at least one will be a winner.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:11 am

Baglady wrote:Geeesh, got the answer about the Colts O line - ouch.... sure hope Peyton makes it through the season. That O line had not played even once all together so hopefully we'll see improvement - soon! And the D - ugh...

Wk 2, Manning v Manning - at least one will be a winner.

With 433yds and 3 TDs, you would usually expect a "W", but the Texans had a man in a cape running for them....
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby tenn10 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Brother Bowl II
Attachments
alg_mannings2.jpg
alg_mannings2.jpg (53.93 KiB) Viewed 15123 times
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:51 pm

tenn10 wrote:Brother Bowl II

Big brother's going to give lil Eli another lesson this weekend.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:08 pm

TryThinking wrote:

I sure hope so... Peyton has said Eli is more athletic but Peyton seems to be better at reading defenses and well, has had some pretty good success against some great defenses. Colts have won 7 straight prime time games and the Giants haven't had much success in primetime - we'll see.
GO COLTS!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:13 pm

Baglady wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

I sure hope so... Peyton has said Eli is more athletic but Peyton seems to be better at reading defenses and well, has had some pretty good success against some great defenses. Colts have won 7 straight prime time games and the Giants haven't had much success in primetime - we'll see.
GO COLTS!

When all is said and done; Peyton will be a great coach, Eli, well not so much.... :lol:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Meant to thank tenn for the great pic - was gonna post one but like tenn's better, good to see you here!

TT, totally agree w/ ya on Peyton coaching. I think he just loves the game too much to ever leave it and the way he works w/ young players is amazing. Doubt Garcon and Collie would have had the success they had last season w/ most of the other NFL QB's. But Peyton can always fall back on commercials -lol!

My niece from NY is here for the w/e - interesting she brough her Strahan jersey for the game and not #10....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby tenn10 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:37 pm

good to see ya Bags.....These franchises have a history against one another. The 1958 (I think) NFL championship was between these two. It was touted as " The Greatest Game Ever Played". NFL network had a rebroadcast of it a few months ago.....this time in color. Johnny U led the Baltimore Colts down the field in over time, with Alan Ameche scoring from a few yards out. It was also the NFL's first overtime game
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:40 pm

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but on the satellite radio in my car (where I have many many NFL stations, there are pretty much mainly 3 teams that are discussed. The Colts, Giants, and Pittsburgh. There is an occasional murmur about Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and the Patriots, but it's as though teams like the Dolphins, simply do not exist... (Hey tenn, Ms B!)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby tenn10 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:44 pm

hey ck....that is kind of odd. Actually there are quite a few Phins fans in my neck of the woods. My brother in law is a big fan of theirs . Back in the day, when all we had were antennaes on our T.V.'s, we got a lot of Dolphins games up here.
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:51 pm

I always thought Dan Marino would coach. Of course, I should have known he'd go into broadcasting, but I guess I was just so young and naive :lol: that I saw him out there on the field coaching new QBs. He's good on television, though. A natural... I bet Peyton will go to broadcasting as well...if he ever leaves the game :lol:. I'm sure Brett has been offered some sweet deals, but even as beat up as he is, he doesn't seem to be able to pull himself out of the game...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:53 pm

tenn, 1958 Championship game - even I don't remember that one! But I'll ask Mom as I'm sure she does. She's told me about a Packers - Giants Champ game that the Packers won in below freezing temps at Yankee Stadium - she's been cold ever since!

ck, lots of folks are gonna be really tired of hearing "Manning" as if they aren't already but it's so unusual to have brothers QB'ing in the same NFL game.... Actually on 147XM Fantasy yesterday there was chat about *surprise* your Phins and how they might just upset the Vikings. But Jared Allen and that D losing 2 in a row - not sure about it but sounds like it could be a good matchup. You know Parcells has been building that D....

Have to run - hope to stop by later....
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:55 pm

tenn10 wrote:hey ck....that is kind of odd. Actually there are quite a few Phins fans in my neck of the woods. My brother in law is a big fan of theirs . Back in the day, when all we had were antennaes on our T.V.'s, we got a lot of Dolphins games up here.

That is odd, tenn. I'm trying to think what teams were closer to you that you might have gotten. I would have thought you'd've gotten more Dallas and Colts games...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Baglady wrote:tenn, 1958 Championship game - even I don't remember that one! But I'll ask Mom as I'm sure she does. She's told me about a Packers - Giants Champ game that the Packers won in below freezing temps at Yankee Stadium - she's been cold ever since!

ck, lots of folks are gonna be really tired of hearing "Manning" as if they aren't already but it's so unusual to have brothers QB'ing in the same NFL game.... Actually on 147XM Fantasy yesterday there was chat about *surprise* your Phins and how they might just upset the Vikings. But Jared Allen and that D losing 2 in a row - not sure about it but sounds like it could be a good matchup. You know Parcells has been building that D....

Have to run - hope to stop by later....

Later, Bags! I can't figure a way that the Dolphins can take the Vikes in Minnesota. (Especially after the bad showing the Vikes had last week :cry: .) I see the Vikes out for blood! Our young defense looked powerful last week, but they were up against a bunch of newbies in Buffalo--and our offense could not generate more than a sadly small number of points against a very young group of Bills. Vikings in Minnesota? They will shred my team! Who did I choose in my picks for the week? Dolphins, of course! :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby tenn10 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:00 pm

cklaurence wrote:
tenn10 wrote:hey ck....that is kind of odd. Actually there are quite a few Phins fans in my neck of the woods. My brother in law is a big fan of theirs . Back in the day, when all we had were antennaes on our T.V.'s, we got a lot of Dolphins games up here.

That is odd, tenn. I'm trying to think what teams were closer to you that you might have gotten. I would have thought you'd've gotten more Dallas and Colts games...

We got Dallas games on the CBS affiliate from Nashville before the Titans came to town. The Cowboys always have had a huge following here. On the NBC affiliate though they always seemed to have a Dolphins or Colts game and the late game was usually a Raiders game......I have never been able to figure out why :? Now I get my local channels from Knoxville and it seems like the Fox network rotates pretty good between NFC game, but the local CBS is all about the Titans and thats why I bought NFL Sunday ticket again this year.
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby tenn10 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:02 pm

lol Bags....I wasn't even a glimmer in my dads eye then, but I love the NFL history
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Go Colts! Let's shut out the NFC East!
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:10 am

congratulations Colt fans...until i fell asleep...the Colts looked like they were hitting on all cylinders...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby BUCK_WILD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 am

Nice to see them Colts playing some ball again. That run game was exactly what we needed to turn it around.
BUCK_WILD
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)