BLUE ZONE hangout

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: BLUE ZONE hangout

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:08 am

BuckWild wrote:What a great game. Went down to the wire as road games are usually tough. Glad we could pull out with that win! :D

Yo Buck, good to see you and big win for your boys!
~looks around for reecey~ :|
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby BuckWild » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Howdy Mr TT! Good win for your Phins as well. Road games are tough.....glad to see we pulled that off. You see that catch by Garcon? They will be showing that on highlight film for weeks to come. Awesome one handed grab!
BuckWild
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:45 pm

It was amazing! The ball just stuck in his hand. What look strange was that he turned around to catch it with his right hand.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:48 pm

BuckWild wrote:Howdy Mr TT! Good win for your Phins as well. Road games are tough.....glad to see we pulled that off. You see that catch by Garcon? They will be showing that on highlight film for weeks to come. Awesome one handed grab!

Dude that was an incredible grab! It reminded me of back in the day before stickum was outlawed in the NFL! I remember Lester Hayes grabbing anything near him until they got rid of it then he lost his Superman cape and became a mere mortal. :mrgreen:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Lester would smear it - thickly - on his helmet, the shoulders and front of is jersey and his hands. He was like the tar baby in the Uncle Remus story. If he had put his hands on himself he would have had to come out of the game to get them unstuck.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:17 pm

:mrgreen: THROWS UP ALL OVER THE PLACE! THE SMELL HERE IS SOMETHING AWFUL! Good win Cult fans. Yall seem to pull one out of the hat ALL OF THE TIME! I've heard the term a cat has 9 lives, but Cyborg Mannining seems to have outlived more than just that.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Reecey wrote::mrgreen: THROWS UP ALL OVER THE PLACE! THE SMELL HERE IS SOMETHING AWFUL!

Mo this isn't Vegas man, at least go outside :roll:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Good road win for the Colts. If it weren't for a last second 59 yd FG at Jack, we'd be 4-1 so no, the Colts aren't pulling out a W every wk. After tonight 3 of the AFC South teams will be 4 and 2, and one at 3 and 3 - competitive div or what....
Was impressed w/ the D last night esp w/ Brackett out, the rookie Angerer stepped up and nice picks by Francisco and Powers. Skins missed a couple of sure int's.
And 170 yds rushing was encouraging - the most in over a yr. Hope Addai isn't down for long. But Hart's made some great plays. Hope to get Brown back after the much needed bye week.
Bout that catch by Garcon - WOW!!!
Attachments
Garcon 10-17.jpg
Garcon 10-17.jpg (52.49 KiB) Viewed 15183 times
Last edited by Baglady on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:17 pm

It still looks unnatural. There was no bounce to it at all - it just stuck. Congratulations on the win, Lady. I'm just hoping that the Texans do better that 1-5 in the division this year. I would be thrilled if we split with everybody in the division.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Emeritus wrote:It still looks unnatural. There was no bounce to it at all - it just stuck. Congratulations on the win, Lady. I'm just hoping that the Texans do better that 1-5 in the division this year. I would be thrilled if we split with everybody in the division.

So would I Em. 2-4, and 1-5 over the last two seasons. Amazing considering that our record outside of the division is really great!6-4, and 7-3 the last two seasons respectively. We just have to start beating Peyton and VY & CJ, and MJD!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 pm

The skins dropped so many INT's. The Cyborg put four balls right on their hands. The football gods were really smiling down on the Cyborg. The powers of evil were definitely on display that day. :evil: :twisted: Cyborg= Peyton Manning :twisted: :evil:
Reecey
Starter

Postby Baglady » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Em, I'll be surprised if you don't at least split all your divisional games but as I've told Reecey - NO SWEEP of the Colts - lol!
And I understand the rest of the AFC South, well maybe the whole AFC hatred for the Colts - maybe just wanting to see some other team succeed. But we know Peyton isn't going to play forever and the window of opportunity is probably just a few years.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 pm

"Cyborg"??? Lol!
Well, I know one Skins defender had 2 int's and another had one that they should have made but don't remember a 4th. Just glad to come away w/ a W heading into the bye week. But we're still 0 and 2 in the div :x
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Emeritus wrote:It was amazing! The ball just stuck in his hand. What look strange was that he turned around to catch it with his right hand.

Unfortunately, the League is looking into his use of 'stick-um,' which was outlawed in the early 1980 :shock: . Everyone knows that's the only way he could have made that catch! :o Garcon is going to have to do some quick thinking when they come to get him... :lol:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 pm

I heard the Indiana State Police raided a meth lab in rural Indiana and seized an uknown toxic substance in a jar, which was later turned over to a French military laboratory to be used in a top secret experiment called Project BleauHorseSheau.

The French then added a super strong substance that cannot decay that they've used for decades to make the white flags they issue each French soldier, and they came up with a new form of stickum. In order for the stickum to work, it must be mixed with Peyton Manning's saliva (via his touching the ball) while chewing French Kiss Gum http://frenchkissgum.com/. Garcon's towel must be secretly dipped in the substance several times a game by team trainers, and it only lasts for a few minutes before it dries and becomes inert. This explains Garcon's occasional dropped passes when his towel dries up from being on the field too long, and/or when Manning runs out of spit from licking his palms seven hundred times a game or accidentally spits out his gum during audibles. The conditions have to be just right for the stickum to work.
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Image is Image @ Image
dredwak
All Pro

Postby tenn10 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 pm

If our defense keeps giving up the middle of the field we will be in big trouble. Sometimes I don't understand Coyer and why he wants to run that Tampa 2 D. imo......BLITZ,BLITZ BLITZ
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:54 am

SS, BlueauHorseSheau??? LOL! Could be but I guarantee they're not calling it that in "rural Indiana" - that sure isn't Hoosier speak. Rural IN - folks would likely just call it "stickum" or some redneck variation (think Jeff Foxworthy :roll: ).

Tenn, the Tampa 2 was a Dungy staple and it worked w/ a healthy B Sanders. Seems to me Coyer came in last season and did start blitzing a lot more. Well, we've got a bye wk to get healthy and ready to stop A Foster and the TX O.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby BuckWild » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:59 am

Morning All.
For as small as our defense is, we have done fairly well. Is it me or is there no "stand out" team this year? I mean sure the Steelers, Ravens, and Titans are doing just as well as the Colts but there isn't a team playing right now that I would say they are going to the Superbowl. It's anyones season so LET'S GO COLTS and get it done! We have some unfinished business to take care of from last year!

GO COLTS!!!!
BuckWild
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 am

G' Morning Buck!
Well, the Jets have impressed but they could easily implode - imo. Still not sold on Sanchez although the Jets are loaded w/ talent. NE was impressive in the OT win over the Ravens. I think their D is still suspect but Branch's return seemed to energize their O. Steelers - please no (sorry - just my opinion).... Titans impressed last night so agreed, I don't see any one dominant team. The AFC South may be the most competitive div in the NFL. The NFC - geesh, anyone's guess there. Injuries, a little luck and scheduling could all be factors. Parity??? Well, if that was the goal, they've got it.
Have to get to work, have a great day.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby indianajenn » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:56 am

Reecey wrote:The skins dropped so many INT's. The Cyborg put four balls right on their hands. The football gods were really smiling down on the Cyborg. The powers of evil were definitely on display that day. :evil: :twisted: Cyborg= Peyton Manning :twisted: :evil:

Doodoo face=You
indianajenn
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 am

Reecey wrote:The skins dropped so many INT's. The Cyborg put four balls right on their hands. The football gods were really smiling down on the Cyborg. The powers of evil were definitely on display that day. :evil: :twisted: Cyborg= Peyton Manning :twisted: :evil:

The Cyborg = :lol:
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby tenn10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:55 pm

REECEY=SUCKS!!!
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby tenn10 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Tenn, the Tampa 2 was a Dungy staple and it worked w/ a healthy B Sanders. Seems to me Coyer came in last season and did start blitzing a lot more. Well, we've got a bye wk to get healthy and ready to stop A Foster and the TX O.

Yep I agree Bags.......last year though, after Sanders went down, Coyer started blitzing alot more. The D stepped up and played really well, until the SB when he went back to the shell type Tampa 2 coverage. IMO thats what got us beat. This year I'm seeing the same thing as the SB. No one is covering the middle of the field and teams are taking advantage of that. The MLB, whether its Brackett or Angerer, is fading back in to coverage. I understand that with DEs like Freeney and Mathis we can do this with a 10 point or more lead, but not a 3 point lead. Fransisco made an awesome play or we could be staring at 3-3.
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:25 pm

The AFC South is still the only division without a losing record, with the Jaguars even and every other team with a winning record.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby indianajenn » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:51 am

tenn10 wrote:Tenn, the Tampa 2 was a Dungy staple and it worked w/ a healthy B Sanders. Seems to me Coyer came in last season and did start blitzing a lot more. Well, we've got a bye wk to get healthy and ready to stop A Foster and the TX O.

Yep I agree Bags.......last year though, after Sanders went down, Coyer started blitzing alot more. The D stepped up and played really well, until the SB when he went back to the shell type Tampa 2 coverage. IMO thats what got us beat. This year I'm seeing the same thing as the SB. No one is covering the middle of the field and teams are taking advantage of that. The MLB, whether its Brackett or Angerer, is fading back in to coverage. I understand that with DEs like Freeney and Mathis we can do this with a 10 point or more lead, but not a 3 point lead. Fransisco made an awesome play or we could be staring at 3-3.

What do you think about replacing Wheeler with Angerer? Have Angerer, Brackett and Sessions start at LB.
indianajenn
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 am

Jenn! It's great to see you.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby BuckWild » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 am

Kicker gets arrested for public intox for swimming in the Broad Ripple Canal.....how silly, why not just send him home with his buds to sleep it off. Indy metro police are retarded! It's bye week, let the boys cut loose a bit, no harm no foul!

GO COLTS!!!!
BuckWild
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:50 am

indianajenn wrote:
tenn10 wrote:Tenn, the Tampa 2 was a Dungy staple and it worked w/ a healthy B Sanders. Seems to me Coyer came in last season and did start blitzing a lot more. Well, we've got a bye wk to get healthy and ready to stop A Foster and the TX O.

What do you think about replacing Wheeler with Angerer? Have Angerer, Brackett and Sessions start at LB.

Jenn, I believe you deserve a consultant fee for that suggestion! Angerer was great v the Skins and Wheeler's been outplayed by all 3. Hope Coyer listens to you....

The McAfee suspension is too severe (imo a fine / community service would have been more appropriate and not penalize the team).

D Clark injury :cry: . At least we have almost 2 wks to figure out Eldridge / Tamme / Robinson's role and, bring life to Addai's "dead shoulder". Brown and Gonzo to return???
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 am

Good morning, football fans! It seems odd that the Texans and the Colts would start the season against each other, have the same bye week and then play each other again before the Texans played any other division team. Was it scheduled that way for a reason?
Emeritus
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)