BLUE ZONE hangout

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: BLUE ZONE hangout

Postby Emeritus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 am

I've never seen Peyton so masterful or in more complete control. He put on a clinic. The runs came when his read of the defense told him that they were there. The vaunted Giants pass rush didn't effect him. I've been watching football a long time and I've never seen a quarterback as well-prepared or as in control as Peyton Manning. He's unique.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby BUCK_WILD » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:55 am

Morning EM. Peyton is the master without question. His study of the game is unmatched. Love to see him at work. He can read the defense so quick and change the call like no other.
BUCK_WILD
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:27 am

I think that Peyton is setting a pattern for future quarterbacks, but he's setting a standard that will be hard to reach. He's tormented the Texans for years. I think that the Texans have the best game plan against him: just keep the ball away from him as much as you can.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:40 am

Em, agreed on keeping the ball away from Peyton is the best way to play him. Even so, with only about 15 min of possession last season the Colts managed to win @ ah, Miami (sorry for bringing that up Dolphin fans...).

Tomorrow possibly facing 2 rookie CB's, I expect the Colts to use plenty of passing plays but hopefully our running game got some respect after the Giants game. Invesco is a tough venue for visitors - haven't seen the Broncos this season and don't know what to expect but they sure have been hit w/ lots of injuries.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:04 pm

I feel very sure that the Colts will be winning this week, Ms B. Peyton clearly showed that he IS Peyton Manning last week and once he puts his game face on, all he knows how to do is win :D .

Now, about my Dolphins. Crucial to win game and Jets are coming after us with a vengeance and bad news, all of a sudden they talking heads are taking Dolphins to win. You all know how much I prefer they be the dawgs--especially in a must-win, divisional meeting like this one. They are yammering about our defense, and I don't want them to get cocky (because we have NO offense and the offensive play calling is scary bad. BTW, Braylon Edwards WILL be playing--not starting, but will play. BIG punishment, eh?

Did you get my email with travel info, Bagsy?
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 am

Great Win @ Denver! Just amazing a kid signed from the practice squad the day before gets a TD in his first NFL game - thank you PM :D
I've loved A Collie since he was drafted last yr - yesterday 12 for 171 and 2 TDs! No Gonzalez, no Garcon, double up on R Wayne and D Clark and Peyton just seems to find another option and it sure wasn't running the ball.... And while Orton had great a career best 476 yd day, the Colts red zone D was awesome. Loved that goal line stand. Broncos 5 trips inside the 20 - 2 FG's and 0 for 3 on 4th downs. McDaniels play calling (not going for chip shot field goals) - well, some might question his decisions... reminded me of another game against a different team here last season :P - both resulted in Colts wins.

CK, sent you mail. Tough loss for your Dolphins last night - I sure was pulling for ya. Think you'll have a different result next wk - hope so!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 am

Congratulations Baglady and other assorted Colts fans...nice win yesterday for your boys!!
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Congrats Baglady. Here's my new AV for the week...lol.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:29 pm

woohoo...what a spiffy looking pooch...go Colts...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:09 pm

When Peyton retires he will return to the depths of Hates from whence he came. Or, maybe he'll just go back to haunting my dreams as a figment of my imagination. Or maybe all of this is just a dream, and nobody can seriously dominate my team this way because it shouldn't be humanly possible to do so. But, one thing I do know though, IS THAT TENN10 STINKS!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby tenn10 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Reecey I'm getting you this for an early Christmas gift
Attachments
funny_baby_pacifiers_tshirt-p235485547150680979trlf_400.jpg
funny_baby_pacifiers_tshirt-p235485547150680979trlf_400.jpg (23.54 KiB) Viewed 12341 times
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Reecey wrote:When Peyton retires he will return to the depths of Hates from whence he came. Or, maybe he'll just go back to haunting my dreams as a figment of my imagination. Or maybe all of this is just a dream, and nobody can seriously dominate my team this way because it shouldn't be humanly possible to do so. But, one thing I do know though, IS THAT TENN10 STINKS!

He will return as a coach to haunt your ass into eternity.... :twisted:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:29 am

TryThinking wrote:
Reecey wrote:When Peyton retires he will return to the depths of Hates from whence he came. Or, maybe he'll just go back to haunting my dreams as a figment of my imagination. Or maybe all of this is just a dream, and nobody can seriously dominate my team this way because it shouldn't be humanly possible to do so. But, one thing I do know though, IS THAT TENN10 STINKS!

i could see him as an afc south commentator...so reecey will have to see him every week...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:04 am

OnlyInUtah wrote:Congrats Baglady. Here's my new AV for the week...lol.

Love the 'look' UT :D

No need to limit it to this week - lol! Hope your Broncos get a win ag the Titans Sun - good luck!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

BLUE ZONE hangout

Postby USNAVYSEALTEAM » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:43 am

Hello Ms. Baglady:

It took me long enough to get on board here and I really like this site!

Great job this week with your Colts with handling the Bengals and the routing of my Giants, the better Manning won...!

All the best to you and thank you for inviting me here.

USNST
Peace to mind.... Strength to the body.....
USNAVYSEALTEAM
Rookie

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:56 am

USNAVYSEALTEAM wrote:Hello Ms. Baglady:

It took me long enough to get on board here and I really like this site!

Great job this week with your Colts with handling the Bengals and the routing of my Giants, the better Manning won...!

All the best to you and thank you for inviting me here.

USNST

USNST... welcome to Switzerland my friend... always nice to see new faces around here :D
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Welcome USNST - glad you like the site! Great fans here. Could be a long season for "our' Giants but hopefully they'll turn it around - soon! Gmen don't have a very good record in prime time games but I'll sure be pulling for them - GO GIANTS !

Great time at the Giants - Colts game. Big win for the Colts but hated it was ag the Giants - really expected a more competitive game....

Ah, the Colts have yet to play the Bengals - lol! Got a win at Denver.
This Sun @ Jags - important divisional game and the Jags always play us tough. Hope to keep MJD in check - big test for the Colts D as MJD would appear their only offensive threat. I do have MJD on my FF team - can you say "confict"! Can't overlook them even as badly as Garrard is playing - maybe we'll see T Edwards????
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby USNAVYSEALTEAM » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Hello Ms. Baglady,

My apologies, I meant the Broncos..... The Colts look really good as usual.

Thanks again for having me on board, I see good 'ole Reecey, Tenn, and Emeritus on here, just like the good old times.

I look forward to talking with you again....

Go Giants ........ and Colts too..!

BabyHawk: Thank you and it's nice to meet you too.
USNAVYSEALTEAM
Rookie

Postby Reecey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:53 pm

dredwak wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

i could see him as an afc south commentator...so reecey will have to see him every week...

I think I just threw up in my mouth. :o
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Fun group in here--been enjoying the clever repartee... :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

cklaurence wrote:Fun group in here--been enjoying the clever repartee... :D

ck, you know us Colts fans are all about fun!

USNST, not sure if I told you that CK is the gracious hostess of this site - a great gal. Loves her Dolphins and like all of us here a true fan of the NFL. Not sure if you've checked it but the Peaceful Corner Forum has some great info if you need any help navigating the site.

BH, sorry I keep missing ya - congrats on your Hawks great start!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:03 pm

Reecey wrote:
dredwak wrote:
TryThinking wrote:He will return as a coach to haunt your ass into eternity.... :twisted:

I think I just threw up in my mouth. :o

Don't be blaming it on me this time dude, you're own your own on this one... :twisted:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Baglady wrote:

USNST, not sure if I told you that CK is the gracious hostess of this site - a great gal. Loves her Dolphins and like all of us here a true fan of the NFL. Not sure if you've checked it but the Peaceful Corner Forum has some great info if you need any help navigating the site.

Ha ha, Ms B. Dolphin fans would be all about fun if we had Peyton Manning QBing for us. (or even Drew Brees :twisted: --but that's a whole 'nother story. :lol: ) Just messing with you! Henne's a stand up guy, and with proper coaching and extremely reliable receivers (for bonding purposes), it would be just fine.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby USNAVYSEALTEAM » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:11 am

Thanks Ms. Baglady, I think that I will visit that part of the site to learn more about getting around in here.

Thanks for the info.... Have a great day/weekend and if I don't get the chance to catch up with you, good luck to your Colts, although when you have talent, you don't need much luck.

As for my Giants they need a 'big' win this weekend, Just Do It and Do It Just.....! However, the Bears look real good and a win over them would be just what the Giants need, so we'll see.

Again, thank you for inviting to this site, easy to navigate, good people, and a lot of fun.

All the best to you Ma'am....

USNST

ck: Thank you for having me on your site, what a great site you have here and all the best to your Dolphins.....!
USNAVYSEALTEAM
Rookie

Postby BabyHawk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Baglady wrote:

we just cant seem to meet up in the same place at the same time can we.. LOL it's all good!! G/L this weekend
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby indianajenn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Okay, after several attempts I finally remembered my username and password. Sorry about the boot prints on the door.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLTS!!!!!!!
indianajenn
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:12 pm

HOLY CRAP! IT'S A COLTS FAN (besides Baglady!)...Hiya Jenn. Good luck to your Colts this weekend. :D
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Welcome welcome welcome, Jen! I've been waiting for your arrival... If you can't remember your password, re-register as "indianajen1" or something similar. Switzerland will accept that.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby indianajenn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Wow, I just tried to post and messed it up. I guess I need to practice. :shock:
indianajenn
Rookie

Postby indianajenn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Lady Hawk = Hawkgirl?
indianajenn
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)