CRANK UP THOSE BIG SCREENS!!

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: CRANK UP THOSE BIG SCREENS!!

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 am

I too love watching him play, TT. He is like a little boy in his excitement. I will miss him terribly when he finally does retire.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:00 am

cklaurence wrote:I too love watching him play, TT. He is like a little boy in his excitement. I will miss him terribly when he finally does retire.

I'd bet this is it for him.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 am

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:I too love watching him play, TT. He is like a little boy in his excitement. I will miss him terribly when he finally does retire.

Most certainly, TT. I did not think he would come back this year after the beating he took in that last play-off game. Even though they most certainly would not even have been there if it were not for Favre's brilliant play last season, he took the entire blame for the loss as well. Did you ever see pictures of the bruises he had from it? OMG--they were awful! And the swelling? At his age, you just don't heal the way you do when you're in your 20s and 30s. How much pain can one man take?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:12 am

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

Most certainly, TT. I did not think he would come back this year after the beating he took in that last play-off game. Even though they most certainly would not even have been there if it were not for Favre's brilliant play last season, he took the entire blame for the loss as well. Did you ever see pictures of the bruises he had from it? OMG--they were awful! And the swelling? At his age, you just don't heal the way you do when you're in your 20s and 30s. How much pain can one man take?

Yeah he plays with heart and always has. That's why I like the guy so much, playing for the love of the game....
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:46 pm

favre looked tired in the 2nd half...not just rusty with bad timing...i think maybe the ankle hindered his conditioning or whatever he does during the offseason...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:10 pm

OK. Yeah, watching Favre play can be fun. But I'm certainly not going to hope this hype and media circus continues year after year. Last night he did NOT live up to the "hype" that surrounds him. And since he's not MY quarterback, I'm not going to sit and hope he does well.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Vikes just need to utilize AP in some more plays. Some HB screens, a few more draw plays. That effort in the second half was just....

Those guys just need to get together and work something out. If they have to throw to Greg Camarillo on 50% of the passing downs and Shiancoe the other 50% then they need to do that. Because guys were running wrong routes, Favre was throwing passes too low. I mean...mini and training camps are all there for a reason. These guys practice and play with Tavaress Jackson and Sage Rosenfel all summer, and then Favre comes back the day before the first preseason game. It just doesn't work like that. I'm sorry.

Brees on the other hand, looked spectacular! Even with all of that pressure on him all game.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey darlin' Reeceykins! Careful what you say about my man Favre, lol. He does look tired, and perhaps he was truly reluctant to play with that ankle. It was a mess! That man gives everything he has when he plays, and if he doesn't play well, you know somethin' ain't right...

LadyHawk--I doubt there will be drama after this year. I don't see him coming back for another season. I just hope he can finish this one.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Reecey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Did you guys see the pictures of those bruises? OMG! And they were a full month after the game! They looked like they were very fresh at the time. OUCHIE!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:40 pm

cklaurence wrote:Hey darlin' Reeceykins! Careful what you say about my man Favre, lol. He does look tired, and perhaps he was truly reluctant to play with that ankle. It was a mess! That man gives everything he has when he plays, and if he doesn't play well, you know somethin' ain't right...

LadyHawk--I doubt there will be drama after this year. I don't see him coming back for another season. I just hope he can finish this one.

I guess part of my "beef" is people saying Favre "gives everything" when he plays. To me, part of "playing" means being prepared and attending training camps and mini camps (like Reecey said). This wishy-washiness that Brett has done for the past 3 seasons is no help to his team. If he isn't careful, he could get some HORRIBLE injury that takes him out of the game (which is no help to his team) and spend his retirement in agonizing pain and/or physical therapy. After the career he has had, I'd hate to see him become the laughing stock of the NFL. But after last night's game? Wow...he's on his way. The "Grandpa" jokes are flying...
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Reecey wrote:Did you guys see the pictures of those bruises? OMG! And they were a full month after the game! They looked like they were very fresh at the time. OUCHIE!

$20,000,000 bruises...with incentives...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:41 pm

And yes, Reecey, Brees was great last night. And so was Pierre Thomas...the Saints looked pretty solid. Still...room for improvement. It was only game 1.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:42 pm

I just couldn't imagine having those bruises myself.
It showed those shots that Brett took in that NFC Championship game, and it was just like....wow

Guess they sort of refreshed my memory there.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:42 pm

It's almost Sunday. We gotta get after Peyton Manning.
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm

I did see the pictures--about three weeks out from the game. I was sure he would never even try to come back to the game, but clearly, Favre treasures the game too much to leave it, and I'm sure pressure was put on him to stay.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Reecey wrote:It's almost Sunday. We gotta get after Peyton Manning.

LMAO!! You never quit....

:lol:
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:49 pm

LOL, that's easier said than done, as you well know. Some quarterbacks thrive on being rushed, because it opens up passing opportunities if you read it fast enough. Peyton is the absolute master of that. You can't throw his timing off, because he dictates the timing. That is, unless the refs slow down the game walking back to their position. No wonder he hates the new setup.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:50 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Hey darlin' Reeceykins! Careful what you say about my man Favre, lol. He does look tired, and perhaps he was truly reluctant to play with that ankle. It was a mess! That man gives everything he has when he plays, and if he doesn't play well, you know somethin' ain't right...

I guess part of my "beef" is people saying Favre "gives everything" when he plays. To me, part of "playing" means being prepared and attending training camps and mini camps (like Reecey said). This wishy-washiness that Brett has done for the past 3 seasons is no help to his team. If he isn't careful, he could get some HORRIBLE injury that takes him out of the game (which is no help to his team) and spend his retirement in agonizing pain and/or physical therapy. After the career he has had, I'd hate to see him become the laughing stock of the NFL. But after last night's game? Wow...he's on his way. The "Grandpa" jokes are flying...

Regardless of what happens now, Favre will most surely live out his life in intractable pain. Those who play one game--one season even, are never the same. Dan Marino couldn't even play ball with his sons in between games because he hurt so much in his last years of playing. Anyone who goes as many years as Favre (and takes 16 hits like those he took in that playoff game last year) is already in a lifetime of pain...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Emeritus wrote:LOL, that's easier said than done, as you well know. Some quarterbacks thrive on being rushed, because it opens up passing opportunities if you read it fast enough. Peyton is the absolute master of that. You can't throw his timing off, because he dictates the timing. That is, unless the refs slow down the game walking back to their position. No wonder he hates the new setup.

This new set-up is a joke! Just when you think they can't f*ck our game up any more--they make NEW RULES. The pace of the games is suffering big-time this year. I hope they retract them early.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Reecey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 pm

I forgot what I was going to say. Bazinga!
Reecey
Starter

CRANK UP THOSE BIG SCREENS!!

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Regardless of what happens now, Favre will most surely live out his life in intractable pain. Those who play one game--one season even, are never the same. Dan Marino couldn't even play ball with his sons in between games because he hurt so much in his last years of playing. Anyone who goes as many years as Favre (and takes 16 hits like those he took in that playoff game last year) is already in a lifetime of pain...

---------------------------

Which is why I don't understand why he keeps coming back. Yeah, yeah...I get it. He loves to play. The longer he plays, the shorter his lifespan. What a nice legacy for his children/grandchildren.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:59 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Regardless of what happens now, Favre will most surely live out his life in intractable pain. Those who play one game--one season even, are never the same. Dan Marino couldn't even play ball with his sons in between games because he hurt so much in his last years of playing. Anyone who goes as many years as Favre (and takes 16 hits like those he took in that playoff game last year) is already in a lifetime of pain...

Which is why I don't understand why he keeps coming back. Yeah, yeah...I get it. He loves to play. The longer he plays, the shorter his lifespan. What a nice legacy for his children/grandchildren.

20,000,000 reasons...with incentives...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:01 pm

a word used to follow up on a burn. Often precluded with a long pause before Bazingaed. Bazooka and Bachooga are the higher rankings of the word, Bazinga.
A: "Where were you last night?"
B: "Doing your mom... Bazinga.

i always learn new stuff reading reecey...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:02 pm

dredwak wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:Regardless of what happens now, Favre will most surely live out his life in intractable pain. Those who play one game--one season even, are never the same. Dan Marino couldn't even play ball with his sons in between games because he hurt so much in his last years of playing. Anyone who goes as many years as Favre (and takes 16 hits like those he took in that playoff game last year) is already in a lifetime of pain...

20,000,000 reasons...with incentives...

LMAO!!! Ok. NOW I get it...my brain is fried this week. Being a full time working parent for 2 kiddies whose dad ignores them pretty much has caused me tremendous stress this week. I'm losing it.

:lol:
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm losing it.

if you happen to find yours...look around a see if you see mine...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Ignoring your kids is absolutely incomprehensible to me. There are so many people who would give anything in the world to have children. Perhaps someday your ex will wish he had paid more attention to them, when they ignore him.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Emeritus wrote:Ignoring your kids is absolutely incomprehensible to me. There are so many people who would give anything in the world to have children. Perhaps someday your ex will wish he had paid more attention to them, when they ignore him.

My daughter is already giving him a dose of his own medicine. This could get ugly...not what I want at all.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:09 pm

The same could be said for every man and woman that participates in contact sports no matter how long they play. I got mine at 16 years old with a compound fracture and my bone sticking out of my leg! Do I regret playing sports that have made me need to have knee replacement? Hell no, we do it for the fun, desire and competition... everyone that has played knows that and they do it with the knowledge that one hit could be traumatic and catastrophic.
Everyone takes the risk when they enter the playing arena.

Good luck to them all and may they all come out healthy as they can.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Well sorry...I'm just gonna be a grump-o-saurus and not jump on the Favre bandwagon anymore. :D
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:13 pm

i gave up 2 great jobs to follow my son around the country...to be a part of his life...its more than paying off now...we have a great relationship...i just wish he'd move out of that hell hole he lives in...and move east...

i agree with em...cant imagine not wanting to be there for your children...
dredwak
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)