sTc

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: sTc

Postby 16Forever » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 pm

From Kicks @ Isports:

By kicks on August 25th, 2010 at 2:08 pm kicks(Quote)

Thanks for everyone’s support. I don’t think that STC will be on the computer any time soon to see all the cat av’s but I told her about them and she smiled. As far as giving her a FFL to manage I don’t think that is a good idea. Its a bit too much on her plate at this time. Thanks for the thoughts though. Her lab results were off the charts a few days ago. I am not going to get into every detail of everything wrong but I want everyone to know that it was very serious and I was very very scared. Her lab results were getting close to being back in line yesterday but she regressed overnight. She has been in the hospital for her 6th day now and from what the doctors have told me she is probably only at the middle point of her stay. She hasn’t eaten in about 7 days now and they are giving her everything through IV’s. She is fine one minute and then in so much pain the next. I try my best to comfort her but sometimes only the morphine helps. I know people are concerned about me too. I don’t have anyone here for support but its not about me.. its about Waverly. Thank you for the thoughts.

I have been giving CK updates and nothing she has said was untrue. I have been letting people know at both isports and switzerland about her because she has such wonderful friends at both places. Please send her all your prayers and thank you to everyone. We are taking things day by day and minute by minute. If someone would like to post this at switzerland I would appreciate it very much. I don’t have an account there and I just don’t have the time to set one up right now and this would be a really long text message to CK.

Thank you again. Waverly thanks you. Hug the ones you love and tell them that you love them every day.
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:49 pm

So there we have it. Looks like our girl Waverly is fighting to come back, and my money's on her! Thanks to kicks for requesting the isports post be duplicated here, and thanks to 16 for posting it. :)
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:46 pm

So good to hear some good news on the Kitty.. Keep it up girl!!
Dont worry Kicks, we are going to run the ffl for her till she feels up too it.
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:58 pm

thinking_of_you_graphics_2.gif
thinking_of_you_graphics_2.gif (26.84 KiB) Viewed 14342 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:26 pm

STC
Attachments
Get Well.jpg
Get Well.jpg (19.39 KiB) Viewed 14340 times
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am

It's early yet, but as soon as I get in touch with our kicks I'll pass on today's report. I sure hope it's a good one...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 am

cklaurence wrote:It's early yet, but as soon as I get in touch with our kicks I'll pass on today's report. I sure hope it's a good one...

from you mouth to gods ears CK
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby TryThinking » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:19 am

Just a quick update:
I talked to Kicks and STC is about the same today, however she was able to eat so that's a good thing.
Keep your thoughts and prayers coming as they are always welcome I'm sure.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 am

TryThinking wrote:Just a quick update:
I talked to Kicks and STC is about the same today, however she was able to eat so that's a good thing.
Keep your thoughts and prayers coming as they are always welcome I'm sure.

small steps.. that is a good tlhing.
Thanks for the update TT
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks, Try. I'll remember Kicks, too.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 am

CK - a bunch of us are wondering if we could find out what hospital Kitty is in so we can send her some cards etc.. I am guessing no flowers if she is in ICU as they don't allow that... Would it be possible for you to find out the name & address for us?
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Hey Baby: I will ask kicks and get back to you on this. I'm sure he will give us the hospital address, depending on how much longer they think she will be there. Now that she's finally eating, it could speed up her recovery (we hope). In the mean time, we can be sending e-cards to her. I'll post as soon as I get hold of kicks...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Baby: I spoke with kicks, and he would prefer we not post the specifics of Waverly's location. He keeps her up-to-date with all of the wonderful posts from here and isports, and they are both very appreciative. When she is well enough, she will be able to review all the great pictures and notes, and as soon as she is able, she'll be back to posting.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:18 pm

cklaurence wrote:Baby: I spoke with kicks, and he would prefer we not post the specifics of Waverly's location. He keeps her up-to-date with all of the wonderful posts from here and isports, and they are both very appreciative. When she is well enough, she will be able to review all the great pictures and notes, and as soon as she is able, she'll be back to posting.

I wasn't really thinkin on posting it out in the vast openness of the WWW.. but I understand...
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:13 pm

kicks on August 26th, 2010 at 4:05 pm kicks(Quote)

Hello all. I’m going to keep this relatively brief as I am not feeling well. I think its stress. I am passing on all information to STC on my daily visit to the hospital. I know people have been asking for her address to send a card or letter. I haven’t given that out to anyone. Here is the reason why. People I don’t even know have asked for her location. I am sorry but since this is open for the world to read there could be stalker issues. Its sad but true. I’m not talking about people asking from here either.

If I give it to one person then its not fair to everyone else. Babyhawk you have been wonderful and I wish I could tell you but then the next person will feel slighted so I would have to give it to them and then they might give it to someone that they feel is ok and so on and so on. It freaked me out when someone I don’t even know asked for her physical address. Ask Victoria about this subject. She will give you an earful.

I am at work right now but plan on seeing Waverly a little later. When I left her last night she had eaten some mushy type food. That’s a huge leap since she hadn’t eaten in a week. She is still on IV antibiotics for possible kidney infection but the nausea seems to be better and she held the food down. A huge leap. She is not out of the woods but the trees aren’t so thick now. She misses you all.

Total Comments by kicks: 374
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Thanks for the post, Baby. It was for kicks to say, not me--so I'm glad he posted it. I'm sure this has taken a great toll on kicks' health. Without a strong support group, dealing with an illness of this magnitude has to be extremely tough. I am sure it is reassuring to him to see how the Internet families have rallied and shown their love. Lots and lots of love out here for The Beagle and The Kitty...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 am

Warning: Humor may be hazardous to your illness.
-- Ellie Katz
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.48 KiB) Viewed 14398 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 am

Great that multiple sites can 'share' info - says lots about STC and kicks as well as folks in general.

Sounds like STC is improving - glad to see a little good news... Continued prayers for a full recovery.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 am

Just as long as they know that if they need us we will be here.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 am

Kicks told me he posted at isports and is counting on someone re-posting it here. I don't even have an account at isports, so if someone would do that, I would be most appreciative. He said she was doing better yesterday, but is worse today.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:05 am

[size=150]I can't help you with iSports. Utah lives there, if you can reach him.[/size]
Emeritus
MVP

Here is STC's update

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:16 am

By kicks on August 27th, 2010 at 11:45 am kicks(Quote)

This is getting frustrating. Waverly was doing so very good late yesterday and was down to one IV of antibiotics. Then they gave her another IV which screwed up her vision and had her seeing a sort of purple haze. Then in the middle of the night her blood pressure went through the roof and her abdominal pain has returned. Damn it.

Please feel free to change your avs back. She saw them all and smiled and laughed yesterday. I can’t believe she regressed again. I don’t have any further news. Wish it was better.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks for the post, Lady. Wish the news was better...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:37 pm

So do I. Amazing that the doctors cannot figure out what's wrong. I know medicine is not an exact "science" (or "art" as some doctors call it), but sheesh. You'd think with today's technology they'd be able to figure it out by now.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Perhaps it's a reminder that we aren't in charge.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

I agree Emeritus. Tell that to people who DON'T believe in God or a higher power though...and good luck. I wouldn't get through life without my faith and knowing that God is always there for me.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 pm

That's two of us LadyHawk. What I noticed in Nam is that the closer that the troops got to the fighting, the fewer atheists there were. When people realize that they have absolutely no control over their own fate, they often have a change of heart. It's easy to be smugly self-sufficient when times are good, but that leaves you with no resources when you're helpless. If you've messed up as often as I have, you're less reluctant to have somebody else in charge.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

There's an old saying, Emeritus: "You'll never find an atheist in a fox hole."
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Before you are finished with me, I'm going to end up with some faith. Believe me, I wish I did have it. It would make things a lot easier for me in many ways. I've even had a couple of miracles in my own life, and I still can't seem to get it. I think it is wonderful for those that have it, though. It gives a meaning to life and a certain peace about death, that I have never had.
I'm pretty sure that kicks and Waverly have faith, and I know that will pull them through this ordeal...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:04 pm

I assume that you saw the wonderful Coen Brothers movie O Brother, Where Art Thou? I loved the scene in which Ulysses Everett McGill (the character played by George Clooney) had the rope around his neck. He did some very fervent praying. Of course once he was delivered, he insisted that it was all a coincidence and he had known all along that it would happen.
Emeritus
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)