sTc

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

sTc

Postby dredwak » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:19 am

By kicks on August 23rd, 2010 at 1:06 am kicks @isports
Howdy all. Thank you OF for your post. I dug the old laptop out of the closet and started it up. (Took almost two hours to get it started with all the updates and scans). I think I actually found Jimmmy Hoffa in the closet too. Must be time to spring clean I suppose.

I don’t have the normal laptop that we have because I took it to the hospital for Waverly to use. She only sent one message on Saturday (than I can see) to tell you all hi. I have to say that my heart is breaking. She is not doing well at all. I am not going to get into specifics on an open board of her diagnosis but I will give you a few details. She hasn’t eaten in 5 days and has had only two meals in the last two weeks. She can’t even keep fluids down without throwing up. She had a cardiac event on Saturday night when I was there by her side and looked at me with a look that I never hope to see again and said “goodbye Steve… I love you”. It almost killed me. I have kept a great game face on for her although. I am man enough to admit that I cry tonight for her. She wont see this. The computer that I brought to her is sitting in a crash tray cart by her side and she is too sick to use it.

If you care for STC (Waverly) please send a prayer to heaven for her. Please don’t use this post as fodder for humorous banter on other sites. She has been on many sites and has been admired and the butts of jokes as well. She is a wonderful woman and cares more than you will ever know about you all.

She is the best friend I have ever had and needs your kind thoughts. Please keep this post going for a few days for those who don’t read back. Thank you to all my friends at isports and switzerland as well.

To all the problems that we had a few days ago here…. Life is bigger than the internet. Reality is much more painful.
dredwak
All Pro

Re: sTc

Postby Baglady » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:38 am

dred, thanks for letting us know. So sorry to hear the sad news. Prayers and positive thoughts for STC, kicks, her docs and caregivers. Hope she has a full recovery.
As kicks so eloquently wrote, life really is so much bigger than the internet...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:28 am

dredwak wrote:By kicks on August 23rd, 2010 at 1:06 am kicks @isports
If you care for STC (Waverly) please send a prayer to heaven for her. Please don’t use this post as fodder for humorous banter on other sites. She has been on many sites and has been admired and the butts of jokes as well. She is a wonderful woman and cares more than you will ever know about you all.

She is the best friend I have ever had and needs your kind thoughts. Please keep this post going for a few days for those who don’t read back. Thank you to all my friends at isports and switzerland as well.

To all the problems that we had a few days ago here…. Life is bigger than the internet. Reality is much more painful.

Kicks, of course you guys are in my thoughts and you have my number if you need an ear Brother.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:51 am

After losing everybody who was dear to me, I know about that empty space that it leaves inside you. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings with us. It's the most important gift that anybody can give. STC will be in my prayers and so will you.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 am

Prayers going out for Waverly...May God wrap his arms around her and protect her.
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 am

With all my heart, I hope that one day soon Waverly will be well, and come back to Switzerland to laugh and play with her friends here. I believe we have all missed her playful ways, and the activity she generates when she graces the boards. To kicks as well--keep your head up for her, and for you--remember, it might take awhile, but when they figure everything out, they can fix her up like new in no time.
I hope you will keep us posted and remember how many people you have here who are praying for the day that you have "The Kitty" back in your life...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby OnlyInUtah » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 am

May God speed Wave's recovery and let her soon return home to Kicks.
Never pet a burning dog
OnlyInUtah
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 pm

I texted with Kicks. He said Wave is doing worse. I told him that the Swiss family was adding their prayers and love toward Waverly's recovery--and she has her own special topic room here. They don't know what is wrong with her yet...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Time for STC to kick that furball in the azz!! Come on Girl.. we are all here prayin for you
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Thoughts and prayers.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:57 pm

I just hope that somebody is with Kicks while this is going on. Even having somebody to vent your helpless frustration to is a help. They don't have to do anything - just be there.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby tenn10 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm

prayers for Stevie.....she was one of the first people I met over at Fox. Really hope she gets to feelin better quick
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:25 am

cklaurence wrote:I texted with Kicks. He said Wave is doing worse. I told him that the Swiss family was adding their prayers and love toward Waverly's recovery--and she has her own special topic room here. They don't know what is wrong with her yet...
Attachments
prayer-request.jpg
prayer-request.jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 18435 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:30 am

I'll text kicks and let him know how much love we in Switzerland are sending him and The Kitty.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 am

Any news today on how our girl is doing? I sure hope the evening brought improvement for her health!
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 am

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare.
This morning when the Lord opened a window to Heaven,
He saw me, and he asked:
'My child, what is your greatest wish for today?'

I responded: 'Lord please, take care of the person who
is reading this message, their family and their
special friends.
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:00 am

I have texted kicks for an update. As soon as I hear from him I will post the news...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:12 am

kicks says there is no improvement today. In fact, her kidneys began to fail. He is reading her all the posts from Switzerland, so to those who are *hovering and saying nothing, please sign on and send the love. Waverly is (as you all know) an avid blogger, and I am sure it will raise her spirits to know that so many of her fellow bloggers care so deeply. Thanks everyone!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks CK for the update. I was thinking about her all night last night & prayin for the kitty to come back w/her claws on!
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby 16Forever » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Continuing to pray for Waverly!
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby CrazyWolfe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Does anyone know what is causing this illness or why her kidney's are failing?

(((((((WAVERLY)))))))
Just one crazy Seahawk fan.
CrazyWolfe
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Lots of prayers for the Kitty... please get better Waverly!!
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 pm

CrazyWolfe wrote:Does anyone know what is causing this illness or why her kidney's are failing?

(((((((WAVERLY)))))))

Apparently, she just stopped being able to hold food down and I believe, within 5 days was hospitalized (correct me if I'm wrong, kicks). They don't know what is wrong, but her condition is very serious and she is not responding to whatever they are doing. She had a heart complication Saturday night.

kicks (of course) is by her side, trying every way he can to encourage her. I hope she is cognizant enough to understand from the posts kicks is reading, that she is well-loved in Switzerland, and I am sure on all the blog boards at which she posts.

COME ON, KITTY--YOU ARE MISSED!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Please keep us posted, CK. This makes me sad for Waverly...and her daughter (where is she?)...and for "Kicks"
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Needless to say, kicks is having a rough time dealing with this, and keeping a good face on for Waverly. I will post daily after checking with him in the morning each day. I am not sure where her daughter is, I hadn't thought to ask. I'll try to remember in my morning talk with kicks. Remember, he's reading the posts here to Waverly, so he is aware of all the love and concern being shown for The Kitty. Hopefully, our posts are some solace to kicks as well!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:58 pm

STC.. we have decided that you are playing FFL w/us.. we are getting your team set up for you & when you are feeling better we can transfer it over to you to manage yourself. Shall we put Favre as your #1 pick :O)

huggs
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:36 pm

animated card Get Well Soon greeting image photo pic.gif
animated card Get Well Soon greeting image photo pic.gif (14.37 KiB) Viewed 17981 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

get_well_soon_graphics_15.gif
get_well_soon_graphics_15.gif (40.86 KiB) Viewed 17981 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 am

Good morning, Waverly. I hope today sees you feeling better and rallying back to your feisty old self. As you can tell by all the posts here, we miss you lots and want to see you healthy again...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 am

Emeritus found the following post on the Patriot page. It looks like some good news. As I said before, I'll post as soon as I hear from kicks today...

vanillaman
8/24/2010 11:10:45 PMgood ole fs, reliable as ever.
BD, RD, and all, I spoke with Kicks this evening.
He was tired and ready to call it a night.
However, he did say STC is pretty much off the life-threatening list. She is still, however, quite ill and would appreciate your cares and prayers. She also wants to thank everyone for all the love and concern. The outpouring for her has been really great, but we need to not slack off. Thanks to everyone ! ! !

YOU ARE LOVED, MISS WAVERLY...AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE LOTS OF POSTS TO ANSWER!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Next

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)