WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Postby Emeritus » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Great food (Cajun fried turkey) and lots of football - now that's something to be thankful for!
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby StevefromCO » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:54 am

We did that Cajun fried a few years ago, that was the best dang turkey I ever had!!! Food and Football all day, enjoy Swiss!
Attachments
Patience and Wisdom.jpg
Patience and Wisdom.jpg (72.43 KiB) Viewed 19937 times
StevefromCO
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 am

LOL, love that picture, Steve. I agree about the turkey. It's the only thing that I buy now. I'm partial to Cajun food anyway, but the fried turkey is one of my favorites. I thought that it would be greasy, but it isn't at all.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 am

dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:26 am

Looks like somebody got some bad turkey.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:03 am

Leslie Nielsen
February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 am

dredwak wrote:Image
Leslie Nielsen
February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010

and don't call me Shirley......
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Damn! Pretty soon all of the movie people that were grownups when I started watching movies will be dead. I'm really not much interested in the young people and probably couldn't name more than two or three of them.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Emeritus wrote:Damn! Pretty soon all of the movie people that were grownups when I started watching movies will be dead. I'm really not much interested in the young people and probably couldn't name more than two or three of them.

Cuz alot of your "young"er comedians/actors don't have the class that the "older" ones do... There's something to be said for "style" and "class."
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:54 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
Emeritus wrote:Damn! Pretty soon all of the movie people that were grownups when I started watching movies will be dead. I'm really not much interested in the young people and probably couldn't name more than two or three of them.

Cuz alot of your "young"er comedians/actors don't have the class that the "older" ones do... There's something to be said for "style" and "class."

I feel exactly the same way... R.I.P. Leslie Nielson; you gave me so many huge laughs--and you weren't too bad when it came to drama either. I thank you for that.
The saddest thing about today's comedians/actors/singers--there are no real "Stars." You know, the Grace Kellys, Judy Garlands, Elizabeth Taylors, Rock Hudsons, James Garners. This list is long and impressive. Today they all look the same (or try to) except when they try too hard to be cool and cover themselves with tattoos (men and women), piercings, etc. Then you get someone who is good (like a Ben Affleck) and they are immediately dogged day and night, so over-exposed that we practically know how they pee and through the wonder of today's media, they just become jokes. Sadness.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:03 pm

[quote="cklaurenceI feel exactly the same way... R.I.P. Leslie Nielson; you gave me so many huge laughs--and you weren't too bad when it came to drama either. I thank you for that.
The saddest thing about today's comedians/actors/singers--there are no real "Stars." You know, the Grace Kellys, Judy Garlands, Elizabeth Taylors, Rock Hudsons, James Garners. This list is long and impressive. Today they all look the same (or try to) except when they try too hard to be cool and cover themselves with tattoos (men and women), piercings, etc. Then you get someone who is good (like a Ben Affleck) and they are immediately dogged day and night, so over-exposed that we practically know how they pee and through the wonder of today's media, they just become jokes. Sadness.
[/quote]

Amen to THAT. There IS such a thing as "too much" information ... but some (crazy) people just can't get enough of some celebrities, so they'll buy the magazines/tabloids and that just reinforces the media to keep chasing down the celebrities for those photos. I do have to say, however, that SOME Hollywood actors are SMARTER than others and manage to stay out of the spotlight ~ they do their work and go home. They don't do all this stupid clubbing/bar-hopping b.s.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 pm

LOL. When I was a young kid in the 1950's there must have been a dozen monthly movies magazines. All of the stories about the screen personalities were written by their agents and had to be approved by the studios. The people who believed those stories also believed that soap operas were real life. On the other hand, we didn't get inundated with stories of their trashy behavior. I appreciate that, because I have enough to worry about with my own behavior.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:19 pm

3-1045-hedy%20aa.jpg
3-1045-hedy%20aa.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 19922 times

This is Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler, of Austria, aka Hedy Lamarr. She was a star when my parents were young. I've always liked old black and white movies and I first saw her in one when I was about twelve. Puberty hit me while I was watching the movie. There are plenty of performers today who try to be hot, but all that Hedy Larmarr had to do was look at you and you were stricken. Nobody in film ever effected me that way. I have seen anybody in today's crop of performers who even approach her.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:24 pm

hedy.jpg
hedy.jpg (29.12 KiB) Viewed 19934 times

Sorry, I couldn't help posting another one.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby StevefromCO » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Just got the call from a friend. I'm going to my second Super Bowl in a row! Destination - Dallas 02/06/2011! Now, if only my team could get healthy and be there with me...dang. Sure would be nice. Wonder who will hoist the trophy this year?
Attachments
vince-lombardi-trophy.jpg
vince-lombardi-trophy.jpg (28.67 KiB) Viewed 19926 times
StevefromCO
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi Steve! My guesses always miss, but I haven't seen a more impressive performance than the one that the Patriots put on last night.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby StevefromCO » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Hey Em, I didn't watch the whole game because I don't like blow outs. Unless it happens to be my team doing the blowing out, lol. I did hear on ESPN this morning it might have been Brady's best game of all time. For a team that had the worst pass D in the league, I congratulate them on that divisional match up. I think the AFC road could go through Gillette stadium this year. And, it might be them I see in the big dance this year. Best part about this time to the SB is..its FREE!!!! Yay!
StevefromCO
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Congratulations on the free Super Bowl, Steve. I don't think that I've had anything free since I was drafted.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:49 pm

dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:14 pm

StevefromCO wrote:Hey Em, I didn't watch the whole game because I don't like blow outs. Unless it happens to be my team doing the blowing out, lol. I did hear on ESPN this morning it might have been Brady's best game of all time. For a team that had the worst pass D in the league, I congratulate them on that divisional match up. I think the AFC road could go through Gillette stadium this year. And, it might be them I see in the big dance this year. Best part about this time to the SB is..its FREE!!!! Yay!

Dayum, Steve! For all my problems with your team, I was certainly pulling for them against the Patriots! I have to stop rooting against the teams I dislike and start rooting for the ones I don't like t safe this season... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 pm

cklaurence wrote:
StevefromCO wrote:Hey Em, I didn't watch the whole game because I don't like blow outs. Unless it happens to be my team doing the blowing out, lol. I did hear on ESPN this morning it might have been Brady's best game of all time. For a team that had the worst pass D in the league, I congratulate them on that divisional match up. I think the AFC road could go through Gillette stadium this year. And, it might be them I see in the big dance this year. Best part about this time to the SB is..its FREE!!!! Yay!

Dayum, Steve! For all my problems with your team, I was certainly pulling for them against the Patriots! I have to stop rooting against the teams I dislike and start rooting for the ones I don't like t safe this season... :roll:

****ANOTHER OOPSIE: "...I don't like TO SAVE this season."
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Since Brady has been the Patriots quarterback, they have won every game that they have played in the snow. For some reason it doesn't hurt his passing at all and Bill Belichick can plan for a snow game better than anybody. Since they play their home games outdoor in New England, that's an advantage late in the season.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Emeritus wrote:Since Brady has been the Patriots quarterback, they have won every game that they have played in the snow. For some reason it doesn't hurt his passing at all and Bill Belichick can plan for a snow game better than anybody. Since they play their home games outdoor in New England, that's an advantage late in the season.

Patriots and playing in the snow is not a happy memory for everyone.... :roll:
~wondering if they put turbos on their snowplows these days~
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:07 am

At about 3:30 am I was awakened by the sound of running water. I wondered if I had left anything running. I got up to check and found that one of my water heaters had gone out. The bathroom tile was flooded and the carpet in that bedroom was soaking. I cut off the water to the hot water heater, but who knows when I'll be able to get a plumber or somebody to pick up the water and steam clean my carpet. On the other hand, I went out and sat on my porch swing to smoke something and it was very pleasant, with the temperatures in the Sixties and no noise.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:12 am

Sorry to hear that Emeritus. Water heater "disasters" are never convenient, that's for sure. And all of us are always facing some sort of trial or another. Good luck on damage control, and I hope you are able to have a Merry Christmas.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby StevefromCO » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:58 am

Hi ck & Swiss! I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. For those who don't celebrate Christmas, have a great Holiday season. May your NFL team go deep!
StevefromCO
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:04 pm

LOL, I'm just glad that it didn't happen on Christmas day. As it is, the hot water heater is already replaced and my water back on, the carpets vacuumed and the dehumidifiers are running. Usually these things happen at a time when help is unavailable, so I consider myself fortunate. I do think that I'll go take a nap, though, because I'm going to a ball tonight.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Happy Holidays to all my Swiss Family. Thanks for coming around SteveCo--we miss you, right gang?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Emeritus wrote:At about 3:30 am I was awakened by the sound of running water. I wondered if I had left anything running. I got up to check and found that one of my water heaters had gone out. The bathroom tile was flooded and the carpet in that bedroom was soaking. I cut off the water to the hot water heater, but who knows when I'll be able to get a plumber or somebody to pick up the water and steam clean my carpet. On the other hand, I went out and sat on my porch swing to smoke something and it was very pleasant, with the temperatures in the Sixties and no noise.

Smoke something, eh? :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:26 pm

05 First Christmas-2 socks.jpg
05 First Christmas-2 socks.jpg (94.83 KiB) Viewed 20677 times
dredwak
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)