WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Aww... Adam. What a sweet name. Shocked she didn't choose "Tom" though.

:lol:
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:51 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Child birth is NO TIME to be brave...I had an epidural BOTH TIMES and it made the experience fun and a piece o' cake...plus my ex husband is quite the stand up comedian so he always had everyone laughing in the delivery room. Great memories there...

Lady: I had all four of my children without an epidural, and had just as much fun. I did, however, have epidurals for back pain, which were the cause of my Arachnoiditis. Had I known that there was a possibility that I could have gotten a disease like this? I NEVER would have had them. Healthcare providers STILL don't warn about it--they just throw that piece of paper in front of you and say "sign it," right before the procedure. Perhaps that is because the providers themselves have never heard of or suffered from the disease. It is worth a second thought!
As it is, Maine will be having a C-Section. I don't know that they offer an alternative to the epidural in that situation. They sure as hell should, though! (Sorry--don't mean to be a negative voice here. It's just that those of us who are Arachniacs (yes, that's what they call us!), are trying hard to save women and men from suffering the same fate as us... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:53 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Aww... Adam. What a sweet name. Shocked she didn't choose "Tom" though.

I shudder to think of all the little N.E. baby boys who have been given that name, Lady! Hope they don't grow up to be girlie-mon sissies like Brady, though. Imagine, his "wife" won't let him cut his hair... Do I hear a "Bullshit" in the topic room???
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Are the mothers even AWAKE for a c-section? I thought they were put out for it... dunno. I personally think that would SUCK to not be awake for the delivery. I had BIG babies (9 lbs both) and I'm honestly glad I didn't have to feel the pain associated with the child birth. Packing those 2 around for those months was HARD ENOUGH! LOL
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:55 pm

cklaurence wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:[size=150]I shudder to think of all the little N.E. baby boys who have been given that name, Lady! Hope they don't grow up to be girlie-mon sissies like Brady, though. Imagine, his "wife" won't let him cut his hair... Do I hear a "Bullshit" in the topic room???

LMAO!! Poor MG. I just gave her shit about Tom's hair on her Facebook page. I think it looks awful....
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Ok you're my momma...nice pick, it was a great game! They're calling this a possible SB preview. Both teams were explosive.
============================

I can see that...and I'd be cool with it. Fresh blood in the Super Bowl is always a good thing.

Patriots, fresh blood? Have you lost your mind, Lady!!! Is it so far past that we had the screaming mimies from all the abuse we took from the New England fans (including Maine! LOL and a big hug and kiss to my former enemy... <3 )? "Fresh" blood would be like say, the Dolphins, the Seahawks, yes? Even KC., but NE and Pittsburgh? I think I just threw up in my mouth... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:59 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
cklaurence wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:[size=150]I shudder to think of all the little N.E. baby boys who have been given that name, Lady! Hope they don't grow up to be girlie-mon sissies like Brady, though. Imagine, his "wife" won't let him cut his hair... Do I hear a "Bullshit" in the topic room???

LMAO!! Poor MG. I just gave her shit about Tom's hair on her Facebook page. I think it looks awful....

It just looks so silly. It's outdated, and really? Isn't he enough of a princess without the blonde, curly locks hanging out from under his helmet!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:00 pm

cklaurence wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:Ok you're my momma...nice pick, it was a great game! They're calling this a possible SB preview. Both teams were explosive.
============================

I can see that...and I'd be cool with it. Fresh blood in the Super Bowl is always a good thing.

Patriots, fresh blood? Have you lost your mind, Lady!!! Is it so far past that we had the screaming mimies from all the abuse we took from the New England fans (including Maine! LOL and a big hug and kiss to my former enemy... <3 )? "Fresh" blood would be like say, the Dolphins, the Seahawks, yes? Even KC., but NE and Pittsburgh? I think I just threw up in my mouth... :roll:

You're confused here, honey...that conversation was not referring to the Patriots at all. It was referring to the Falcons and the Ravens.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Oh, and NFL Quarterback Mike Teel just tweeted via Facebook that he's been "called up" to get on a plane ASAP. But he didn't say where he's going. A couple of us asked ... "Miami?"
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:22 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Aww... Adam. What a sweet name. Shocked she didn't choose "Tom" though.

there is nothing wrong with the name tom...except for the bearded lady...errrr brady...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Nope, Tom is a great name. Very masculine (in most cases...*cough*)
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:38 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Nope, Tom is a great name. Very masculine (in most cases...*cough*)

yep...thats why i go by tommy...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 pm

dredwak wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:Nope, Tom is a great name. Very masculine (in most cases...*cough*)

yep...thats why i go by tommy...

**THUMBS UP**
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:25 pm

You're confused here, honey...that conversation was not referring to the Patriots at all. It was referring to the Falcons and the Ravens. (By LadyHawk)
Whew! I thought I was losing my mind! Ladyhawk happy about the Patriots and Pittsburgh? I just couldn't wrap my mind around that one!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:27 pm

cklaurence wrote:You're confused here, honey...that conversation was not referring to the Patriots at all. It was referring to the Falcons and the Ravens. (By LadyHawk)

Whew! I thought I was losing my mind! Ladyhawk happy about the Patriots and Pittsburgh? I just couldn't wrap my mind around that one!

Shiiiiiiit no! LOL :lol:
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:05 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:Thought I'd check in.
Been a strange trip so far this season.... lots of surprises and seems to be anyone's game on any given day (well.. except the Bills)
Proud my Pats made the Steelers look pretty sad yesterday :D

Wish I could catch someone here once in a while!
Had a nice phone conversation with Bags this morning ! I sure miss my fellow Divas!

OK... no sign of baby Shadow yet.... but we will now be going no later than the 29th of November due to baby being very large he will be arriving via C-section when he comes. :(

Hiya maine, here's to a healthy new addition! :D
Attachments
champagne_toast.jpg
champagne_toast.jpg (103.81 KiB) Viewed 14440 times
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:13 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Are the mothers even AWAKE for a c-section? I thought they were put out for it... dunno. I personally think that would SUCK to not be awake for the delivery. I had BIG babies (9 lbs both) and I'm honestly glad I didn't have to feel the pain associated with the child birth. Packing those 2 around for those months was HARD ENOUGH! LOL

All the ones I knew that had C-secs were awake including my ex and my daughter. She saw her little girl immediately as they pulled her out.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 pm

TryThinking wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:Are the mothers even AWAKE for a c-section? I thought they were put out for it... dunno. I personally think that would SUCK to not be awake for the delivery. I had BIG babies (9 lbs both) and I'm honestly glad I didn't have to feel the pain associated with the child birth. Packing those 2 around for those months was HARD ENOUGH! LOL

All the ones I knew that had C-secs were awake including my ex and my daughter. She saw her little girl immediately as they pulled her out.

to be perfectly honest...it would have been a much pleasanter experience...if they would have knocked her out...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

dredwak wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

to be perfectly honest...it would have been a much pleasanter experience...if they would have knocked her out...

Are we still talking about the birth experience here? ;)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

If I'm ever in the delivery room during a C section I'll make sure that there is something soft to fall on.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby maineiacgirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Isn't it amazing what my baby's first Monday Night Football at home game will be!

Should be an interesting night at our house! :lol:

Yes... I will be awake for delivery. Was really hoping to get him out by the end of this past weekend because the Doctor may have let me have him without cutting me open. Didn't work out... a c-section it WILL be even if I go now.
Shadow can and will be in the room... but it just won't be the same (sterile environment.... no touching and probably not a lot of joking...... I'm probably not going to be in the best mood). This is just not how I wanted to bring my little one into the world... :( When I had Dylan it was a relaxed environment also... and even though it hurt like hell I was looking forward to doing it again.

But we have to do what is best for Adam.... he is very large already and may be as big at 11 lbs by the 29th.... I hope not but it looks that way. Even though I know they are often wrong... they were wrong about Dylan - he was bigger than they expected. :o

Thanks for the well wishes all... and OF COURSE you will be in Adam's life ! No such thing as too many Godmothers!
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Yep... will have a spinal as far as I know it's the only way unless I'm sleeping.
Not sure which is worse..... but I've had so many epidurals anyway I guess one more is only one more.

I was having them on a regular basis for quite a while for my back issues. While they do offer relief in the short term...I won't be seeking that form of therapy in the future now that I know the long term effects! Scary!

Being pregnant has NOT been fun with my back problems either... I refuse to take meds that can be bad for baby so basically suffering through on Tylenol. Far cry from the meds I usually take and the bigger I get - along with the cold, damp weather of the season doesn't help.

I could just cry.... but since it doesn't help at all.... I just bitch! :lol:
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 pm

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to all those haters out there! And you KNOW who you are!

I can't wait for my little guy to see the Patriots in his first Superbowl! :mrgreen:
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Ok.... just talking to myself!

I'll check back in sometime!
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Sorry, maine. I had to take a snack break.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to all those haters out there! And you KNOW who you are!

I can't wait for my little guy to see the Patriots in his first Superbowl! :mrgreen:
im_the_hater_tshirt-p235711366616021014qw9u_400.jpg
im_the_hater_tshirt-p235711366616021014qw9u_400.jpg (23.88 KiB) Viewed 14474 times
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:02 am

Everybody is OK with me.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 am

anyone have any info on where i might apply for the pat down dummy position at tsa..? :D
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:04 pm

I once thought that flying was the only way to travel. The terrorists not only killed a lot of people, they managed to make us change our way of life, which was probably their ultimate goal. What worse can you do to a people than make them live in fear?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:23 am

Wishing the entire Swiss family a VERY HAPPY AND SAFE THANKGIVING - Peace!
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)