WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Postby Baglady » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:24 am

"Comments" :?: :?: :?:

None that I've seen on FB. And I won't go to any site that repeatedly gives my pc a nasty virus....

Regardless, glad to see Switzerland alive and well - as well as it can be going into the dreaded offseason :cry: :cry:
Quite a few coaching changes so far - haven't kept up w/ them all and no doubt more to come. The big "lock out" looming and the draft so there is NFL 'news' - just no games for most, if not all our teams.

And, like EM, I value the folks here <3 . Enjoy your Sat and what should be great games tomorrow!
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Emeritus wrote:Since I quit FaceBook over a year ago, all of my posts are here for everybody to read. I've been a big fan of Switzerland from the start, which is why I'm still here. The people here are special to me.

Thanks, Em. <3 I value your support, your wealth of knowledge regarding football--and nearly everything else as well. You are truly the quintessential man!
I have always been proud of the quality of the people who post in Switzerland. I miss so many of them--and the quips, friendship, and actual sense of family we had developed. Although the numbers are way down here, you can usually catch one or two people here and have a damned good convo! Why anyone would prefer to talk at FaceBook, which has millions of people looking on, or the other (so-called) 'sports' venues that are known best for spreading viruses is beyond me.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm

I think that what made Switzerland great was that people got here by invitation. If you appeared here it was because you had impressed somebody. All of the people that I invited had impressed me as being intelligent, humorous and friendly. Why anybody would want to leave that for sheer numbers is beyond me.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Emeritus wrote:I think that what made Switzerland great was that people got here by invitation. If you appeared here it was because you had impressed somebody. All of the people that I invited had impressed me as being intelligent, humorous and friendly. Why anybody would want to leave that for sheer numbers is beyond me.

Agreed, dear Em. Thing is, we do need a little greater numbers than we have right now, simply because we need at couple of people on at the same time so we have someone else to talk to when we are here, :lol: . I'd be happy with ten to twenty of our very best family members, or, since they have pretty much shown they don't care to be here, than perhaps we should invite some newbies. I do like the "by invitation" suggestion, though. I'm not big on 'closed cubs' as you all know, and an occasional person showing up (like SteveCO, remember?) accidentally or on purpose, could turn out to be good as well.
On that note (as I was sent the CD from someone VERY dear to me), I wish to add the following statement to my Swiss Family:

I Will Survive
At first I was afraid I was petrified.
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side.
But then I spent so many nights
Thinking how you did me wrong.
And I grew strong!
And I learned how to get along!
So now you're back from out of space.
I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face.

I should have changed that stupid lock!
I should have made you leave your key!
If I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me.

Go on now, go, walk out that door!
Just turn around now‚
cause you're not welcome any more.
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt (crush) me with goodbye?

Did I crumble
Did I lay down and die
Oh no, not I! I will survive!
Oh and as long as I know how to love I know I stay alive.
I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give.
And I'll survive!
I will survive! Hey, hey.

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart.
Kept tryin' hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart!
And I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself. I used to cry!
But now I hold my head up high.
And you see me somebody new!
I'm not that chained-up little person still in love with you.

And so you feel like droppin' in,
and just expect me to be free,
now I'm saving all my loving for someone who is loving me!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Previous

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)