JUST FOOTBALL

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Howbout them DOLPHINS?!
I'm guessing 10-6 if they stay healthy and I'm very much looking forward to hearing Henne to Marshall TOUCHDOWN!!
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:33 pm

10 and 6??? 10 and 6?????? How about 12 and 4!!! Reach high, please, sir! /we are talking about the next Marino to Duper/Clayton, man!!! Henne to Marshall... HENNE TO MARSHALL! Can you hear it? :shock:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:43 pm

cklaurence wrote:10 and 6??? 10 and 6?????? How about 12 and 4!!! Reach high, please, sir! /we are talking about the next Marino to Duper/Clayton, man!!! Henne to Marshall... HENNE TO MARSHALL! Can you hear it? :shock:

Oh I can hear it, but set that Divatini down for a second and remember there are not many Marino's around and Henne has a long way to go to be talked about like that.. As much as I'd hope, I'm a realist too ;)
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:54 pm

ck, we have a lot of things in common, but it is obvious that you can manage a much more complete suspension of disbelief than I can. That's a good thing, because it makes you willing to attempt things - such as writing a novel - that I wouldn't. I wish the Dolphins a great season.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Aw guys. A little imagination is a good thing. I may have a long fall from grace when the season gets underway, but it feels so good now to think about how great it could, er, might be this year...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Certainly this is the time to fantasize your team doing heroic things and going all of the way. That's the great thing about this time of year; everybody is starting even.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:06 pm

cklaurence wrote:Aw guys. A little imagination is a good thing. I may have a long fall from grace when the season gets underway, but it feels so good now to think about how great it could, er, might be this year...

Absolutely, just need to temper it so you don't become "CKjet" :P
~snickers~
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Baglady » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:13 pm

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Aw guys. A little imagination is a good thing. I may have a long fall from grace when the season gets underway, but it feels so good now to think about how great it could, er, might be this year...

Absolutely, just need to temper it so you don't become "CKjet" :P
~snickers~


Snickers??? More like {{{shudders}}} at even the thought of he he he....
Believe in BLUE
User avatar
Baglady
Veteran
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Coltsville

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Baglady wrote:
TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Aw guys. A little imagination is a good thing. I may have a long fall from grace when the season gets underway, but it feels so good now to think about how great it could, er, might be this year...

Absolutely, just need to temper it so you don't become "CKjet" :P
~snickers~


Snickers??? More like {{{shudders}}} at even the thought of he he he....

Cmon tell me you didn't snicker at the CKjet? LOL
That EBjet was on some serious meds... or maybe off them :?
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Baglady » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:25 pm

TT, snicker? Ah well maybe just a really really tiny one....
Last edited by Baglady on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Believe in BLUE
User avatar
Baglady
Veteran
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Coltsville

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:27 pm

That "ckjet" stuff is just plain cold, TT. I'm gonna get you for that one... :twisted:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:15 pm

cklaurence wrote:That "ckjet" stuff is just plain cold, TT. I'm gonna get you for that one... :twisted:

~looks over shoulder~ Rot Roh Scooby....
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Aha! You make sport of me? Just don't get too comfortable, Mr. Thinking--you know not where I lurk! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :twisted:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am

I'm just glad that New Switzerland gives us the option of choosing font sizes and colors. I notice that they use the British spelling for color, by the way. I use blue because it's my favorite color, not because I'm a Colts fan. OK, I admit that I pull for them when they aren't playing my Texans.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:36 pm

I do too, Em. I'm an honorary fan, you know. I went to a game last year and I'm going up there at the end of October for a game this year. Peyton and I are practically related now... :shock: NOT!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:45 pm

WhatIfSports is expecting the AFC South to be murdered by the NFC East this year. They predict that the Titans and Colts will tie with 9-7 records and the Titans will go to the playoffs on a tie breaker. I have no idea what they base that on, giving their claim that they are going by last year's statistics. The Titans finished third in the division last season.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:35 am

I think all bets are off when a new season begins. How often, really, are all those predictions anywhere near right?
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:36 am

(BTW...GOOD MORNING, SWITZERLAND!)
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:16 am

Good morning, CK. I was looking at the Texans schedule again and it's just awful, even the preseason. We open the preseason at the Cardinals and at the Saints before playing the Cowboys the first of two times this year.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:36 am

Pre-season should always be about looking at your newbies and how they're learning the scheme. It should be about building a "Team" spirit unity. It should be about discipline and staying healthy. Wins and losses are of the least importance.
Week 1 of the real season is when it's balls to the wall....
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:42 am

TryThinking wrote:Pre-season should always be about looking at your newbies and how they're learning the scheme. It should be about building a "Team" spirit unity. It should be about discipline and staying healthy. Wins and losses are of the least importance.
Week 1 of the real season is when it's balls to the wall....


I totally agree with that.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
User avatar
LadyHawk
All Pro
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:13 am
Location: Wouldn't YOU like to know?

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:37 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
TryThinking wrote:Pre-season should always be about looking at your newbies and how they're learning the scheme. It should be about building a "Team" spirit unity. It should be about discipline and staying healthy. Wins and losses are of the least importance.
Week 1 of the real season is when it's balls to the wall....


I totally agree with that.

LadyHawk is a smart woman..... just saying ;)
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Try, dahling--don't EVER check your ego at the door!! (You are such a guy... :roll: )
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:05 pm

While I absolutely agree that winning isn't the real purpose of preseason games, I wonder what is the psychological effect on a team if they get routed in every one of them?
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Smart coaching would make sure they understood the concept of pre-season games--the necessity to get things right so they don't get routed during the real season!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm not sure that there isn't momentum even in preseason football. On the other hand, that could just be another of my irrational feelings.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby TryThinking » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:33 pm

cklaurence wrote:Try, dahling--don't EVER check your ego at the door!! (You are such a guy... :roll: )

egos can get you in trouble, smart or not ;)
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
User avatar
TryThinking
Veteran
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am
Location: So Cal

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:38 pm

We have a saying down here, "It ain't bragging if you can do it." Unfortunately I never could do much, so I have to be careful what I say.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
User avatar
Emeritus
MVP
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am
Location: Beaumont, TX

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby dredwak » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:47 am

TryThinking wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Try, dahling--don't EVER check your ego at the door!! (You are such a guy... :roll: )

egos can get you in trouble, smart or not ;)
i love eggos... ;)
Image
User avatar
dredwak
All Pro
 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:51 pm
Location: attic...im moving up...

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Whatever happened to Eggos, anyway? :roll:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
User avatar
cklaurence
Godmother
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm
Location: Miami Beach, Florida

Next

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron