JUST FOOTBALL

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Sorry Cowboy fans, but I think the Dolphins out-fumbled and out-feebled all the teams. The game was serious misery. It was worse than the heat, and worse than the humidity. It was downright depressing. I just don't understand it. Parcells was supposed to come in and fix us. This is, I believe his third year--the so-called "break-out" year. I only see "breaking-down," at all positions. Getting rid of Jason Taylor was a major tactical error. He may have only been good for two downs in a series, but he was a true leader. He had heart and knew how to pull the defense together and make them do what they needed to do. The defense right now is sluggish, and damn near dead. I know, I know, we kept them to only what, 16 points? Ain't enough when your offense is only scoring 6 or 7 points a game. Oh, and don't get me started on the offense! :twisted:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:01 am

im a big fan of instant gratification...unfortunately...i can only think of one thing that will give it to me... :shock:
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:50 am

The less that it takes to satisfy you, the more likely you are to be happy. After all that I've been through, I'm grateful just to have a pulse.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Sunday Night Football

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:51 am

Here's how the Steelers looked last night...

Attachments
Betty White.jpg
Betty White.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 10908 times
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:10 pm

LOL! That's rough, LadyHawk.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Just kidding. Even if they did look more like a lace curtain...
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:25 pm

They looked better than the Dolphins did on Friday night. I'm trying to decide whether to hang myself now or wait to see when we win our first game... :mrgreen:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:27 pm

I can remember when the Rams defensive line was called the Fearsome Foursome and they had an elite defense. Unfortunately, that only emphasizes how old I am.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Things really do change in the NFL...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:39 pm

cklaurence wrote:They looked better than the Dolphins did on Friday night. I'm trying to decide whether to hang myself now or wait to see when we win our first game... :mrgreen:

**Slaps CK upside the head for her wet-blanket attitude in pre-season**

My Hawks have lost 2 out of 3 this preseason and I'm not upset. C'mon CK!! SNAP OUT OF IT!!!
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm

ck, try to remember how the Dolphins looked three seasons ago. Whatever problems the Dolphins are having, I don't think that they will go 1-15.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Sorry Lady. I just expected to see a little more rhythm with Henne and Marshall. I am very frustrated by the number of drops on Marshall's part. I did not see a cohesion in the players on offense, and the defense was abysmal. I don't know if I can take another year of rebuilding--you know what I mean, right?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 pm

If they play like they did on Friday night, they might make that 0-16 season, Em. You all did not see the game. It was tragic. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:24 pm

ck, I think that you enjoy being pessimistic, at least about the Dolphins. You were the same all of the 2008 season, when the Dolphins came back from the ruin of the 2007 season to win their division.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm going to go sit in the porch swing and watch the rain.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:29 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
cklaurence wrote:They looked better than the Dolphins did on Friday night. I'm trying to decide whether to hang myself now or wait to see when we win our first game... :mrgreen:

**Slaps CK upside the head for her wet-blanket attitude in pre-season**

My Hawks have lost 2 out of 3 this preseason and I'm not upset. C'mon CK!! SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

What she said.... ^
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Ditto to my earlier response to LadyHawk's statement. You weren't there, Try. It was a tough night all around in Candy Cane Stadium. By the third game of the preseason, you (or at least I) expect to see a little rhythm between your QB and the gazillion dollar receiver they've brought in. Oh, and the defense--letting JT go was a HUGE mistake. He was the heart of our team/defense. He was worth the extra million that the Jets gave him and then some...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 pm

I've been through decades of having a non-winning team. Yet I keep watching the games, wearing the jerseys, defending my team to haters, and trying to stay positive.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:44 pm

LadyHawk wrote:I've been through decades of having a non-winning team. Yet I keep watching the games, wearing the jerseys, defending my team to haters, and trying to stay positive.

I'm all about staying positive... the Phins will be Phine!
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm

I was a faithful Houston Oiler fans through the years when they didn't have the horses. When they finally acquired the talent to be competitive, that (censored) Bud Adams took them out of state. I've been a Texans fan since they got started, even though they never had a winning season until last year. But every year I can hope that they will be better. If they won the Super Bowl, what would that do to my expectations? “Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi Swiss
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Hey Reecey! I hope that you enjoyed the game Saturday night.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:55 pm

WR Antonio Bryant was cut today. He probably won't be healthy until week 2 or week 3, but this guy is good for 80 catches, 1100 yards, and 10 TD's. He did it in Tampa just the other year.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:56 pm

I enjoyed our successes in every facet of the game. I didn't enjoy watching Dallas imploding like that though. They need to get that OLine fixed, and fast.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Emeritus wrote:I was a faithful Houston Oiler fans through the years when they didn't have the horses. When they finally acquired the talent to be competitive, that (censored) Bud Adams took them out of state. I've been a Texans fan since they got started, even though they never had a winning season until last year. But every year I can hope that they will be better. If they won the Super Bowl, what would that do to my expectations? “Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”

"I really like this quote!"
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:00 pm

I know that the Dolphins are looking for more WR's to add to the offense. I didn't think trading Camarillo was the best thing to do though. What if he goes off and has a great season like Welker did when they traded him off to the Pats? Sorry to add to previously mentioned frustrations, but that looks like that may be in the cards this season. A stellar year for Camarillo.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 pm

"Oh shoot...did I chase everybody off? Must be my burrito breath."
~(inserts peppermints)~
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Reecey wrote:I know that the Dolphins are looking for more WR's to add to the offense. I didn't think trading Camarillo was the best thing to do though. What if he goes off and has a great season like Welker did when they traded him off to the Pats? Sorry to add to previously mentioned frustrations, but that looks like that may be in the cards this season. A stellar year for Camarillo.

Yep I was totally pissed when they traded him. I thought he would rise big time this year given the chance. Still trying to figure that out, but not to the point of stressing over it. Allot of the time, we don't know the whole story or what's going on behind the scene. There has to be a trust factor that they had a reason for the move.

I still haven't recovered from the Welker deal.... :(
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Wasn't surprised to see Bryant cut - not sure OH is big enough for TO and Ocho and poor C Palmer having to feed those egos....

Camarillo - not sure about that cut but the Vikes sure need some WR help. W/ Rice out for several (6?) wks and Harvin's headache issues, AP will be doubled up or more and I'm not sure Favre will last the season... But, that said, Favre has made great WR's out of unheard of players. Bringing Javon Walker back???
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Camarillo seemed to almost be a Welker clone. Played consistently when I watched him. I understand that Parcells love drafting and picking up defensive players, but the league is really changing in it's schematics. It's a copy-cat league and people are usually following either one of two models. The "Air It Out" or the "Run Heavy" models. I still think the Brandon Marshall addition was a really good one, but I really would have liked to see you guys get Anquan Boldin instead. He had a really good game yesterday, and he isn't a very vocal guy (outside of Arizona stringing him along for 3 full seasons on that contract issue). That's a viable reason for him to be upset when the organization just kept lying to him.

I'm having a really hard time trying to root against Philly. I can't root against my former UH Cougar Kevin Kolb. It's just not fair.
Reecey
Starter

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)