JUST FOOTBALL

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: JUST FOOTBALL

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I was actually thinking that exact same thing Dred.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

hey...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:20 pm

howzit going...man...i was following you around trying to get you attention...ck an tt are somewhere...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm

dredwak wrote:howzit going...man...i was following you around trying to get you attention...ck an tt are somewhere...

your...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey man. Any new answers for the OLine? I haven't seen anyone so far. Just you Dred.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:22 pm

shit...missed him again...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm doing pretty well. Just ready for our Fantasy Draft. Reading all of this football talk has me liver than a spring chicken.
Reecey
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

i dont know reecey...i stopped at fb and then here...havent looked...yet...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:25 pm

I was trying to find out how many yards Dixon rushed for in the 9ers-Colts preseason game. Against the third and fourth stringers that dude was just ripping off long run after long run. for a guy his size, he runs pretty softly though. Reminiscent of Ron Dayne.

I also saw that Glen Coffee retired after his rookie year. Damned shame, because I loved watching that dude plow over people. Damned shame!
Reecey
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 pm

got into a political discussion...that i shouldnt have...at least 3 people liked what i had to say...everyone else wanted to burn me at the stake...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:27 pm

For some reason I keep getting halted and forced to rearrange my posts because it says that one was posted similarly to it...and it will have one of your posts over me as well. It's weird though because all of my posts have been original and vastly different.

And it just did it to me again.
Reecey
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Dixon rushed for 21 attempts 100 yards...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 pm

that happens when someone posts while your typing...it was bugging me too... :lol:
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Me too, Reecey... I don't know what's going on here!!!
PEACE? OH MR. PEACE??? I THINK SOMETHING IS WHACKY HERE--CAN YOU FIX IT???
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 pm

dredwak wrote:got into a political discussion...that i shouldnt have...at least 3 people liked what i had to say...everyone else wanted to burn me at the stake...

Over on FB? Yeah, we can't help but to get sucked into those sometimes. We all have ideas as far as to what works, and in different regimes different tactics have been employed AND HAVE WORKED but only at the expense of other policies failing miserably. I've only been on this earth a short time, but I've seen enough from the few presidents I've seen to make me both like, and dislike some things that they've done during their tenures. I also see so much stupid stuff happening from both factions that make it hard to really just want to identify myself with a single one. It's like trying to choose a wife out of the hot woman who is hard to live with, stabs you in the back at every waking whelm, or the homely woman who smells horribly but you get along great with.

And it just happened to me twice just now. But, I got to see the answer to my question, and I see CK is here with us now too. Hi CK! :D
Reecey
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 pm

wow...i didnt know about coffee...never heard that one before...God told him to retire...wow...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:33 pm

I've never known it to do that before. And there have been some times where the comments in here were revving at twenty or so per minute. Lol. Maybe we just had better luck on those days.

And it just happend again. Lol.
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:35 pm

(Oh, BTW--Good Evening everyone!)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm

im sick of the 2 party system and toeing the party line...okay...i'll stop...

i kinda like seeing whats been posted...while i hunt and peck away...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:37 pm

hi ck...happy football...to you...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm

thats what i get for posting political bs...crickets...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 pm

But, when it comes to politics, we hold certain things ideal and dear to our hearts. And any opposition to that is usually met with gruff hostility.

I'd probably less inclined to hearing out the other side if I hadn't been on the debate team for two years back in high school. I only did it because I had a sweet English teacher who was really persistant about having me join. I did it my junior year, and was captain of the team my senior year. Debate was fun, but it also helped me to learn to really decipher the opposing argument, and even to step outside of my position and look at things from the opposing point of view too. Politics is like a never ending wage for power, and both factions spend more time trying to beat the other down rather than actually collaberating on actual proposing policies that could actually solve the problem. Also, each policy proposed will help one set of people, and hurt those that fall outside of its specifications. So, I'm really just under the impression that no policy is perfect policy. Anywhooo! WE STILL GOT FOOTBALL!!!

I do not wish to review my post for a third time. I can feel tears in my eyes starting to well.
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:43 pm

I like this room too. Very comfortable--although, I was posting to Try in my Dolphin room and it just kicked me on to this area. Very strange things are happening tonight...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Very strange things are happening tonight...
======
im here...strange follows me around...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:46 pm

True about the two party system. If you're not one, your'e the other. And if you're neither, then you're anti-government, a caveman, or a terrorist. So, you're gonna get beaten on no matter your standpoint. Lol.

I can't wait for the fantasy draft. CK! Are you going to be on Sunday night at 8 your time? That is when the draft will be taking place. I'm really excited!

Lol @ Strange.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Yall see TC's FB status? Too funny, and too cute. That kid of his is a gem. BRB in three minutes. Gonna go refill my water bottle.
Reecey
Starter

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 pm

well...you folks probably already know...but i just saw that favre is coming back...after that awesome performance by sage...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 pm

mozilla just crashed...is it wrong to be suspicious...weird is a brother to strange...i think they are double teaming me tonight...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Politics and religion are two subjects that I will not discuss. Nobody is going to change anybody's mind and all that it does is create hostility. Personally, I like the old Greek idea of filling political offices by lottery. If your name came up you were it, whether you wanted the job or not. There were no campaigns. You served once and then you were out of the pool for life. It actually worked pretty well.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Fantasy note that I don't mind sharing. I think Brandon Marshall may be the best fantasy receiver in the league this year. He is the unquestioned leading receiver in that offense, and there's a pretty good drop off after him. I bet he will get targeted close to 200 times this year.

And my Mozilla has been acting up pretty bad the last couple of months. I use Google Chrome and IE at home. They act better behaved.
Reecey
Starter

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)