The Texans Fan Club

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: The Texans Fan Club

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Whatever you decide, just enjoy having a game to watch. I'm SO happy that it's that time of year again!
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 pm

The Texans need help in the running game, so I think that they should give this guy a try. Just look at that game face!
Attachments
Houston Texans Snoopy.jpg
Houston Texans Snoopy.jpg (25.51 KiB) Viewed 13767 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:38 pm

the Texans have spiffy unis...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Man have I missed you guys. I gotta start dropping back in more often.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Emeritus wrote:LOL, at least nobody can claim that we are bandwagon fans. There's a lot of room on this wagon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Ain't that the truth.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Reecey! Don't stay away so long. We were talking about how much we missed your sense of humor. I'm really pleased with the Texans first preseason game.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey Reeceykins! And we've missed you too. Em and I have had to keep things going throughout the offseason, along with TT, Ladyhawk, Ms Bags, dred, and a couple other of the olde faithful of Switzerland. Now that a new season (HALLELUJAH!) is upon us, there's already too much going on for us to handle it all by ourselves ;) .
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby tenn10 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:03 pm

hope everyone is doing well.......I haven't got to watch much pre-season action yet, only the Colts game yesterday. One thing is for sure though........we have nothing after Peyton on the depth chart. I actually thought Painter would turn out to be a decent back-up, but I'm starting to have my doubts.
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby tenn10 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:04 pm

oh yeah ....one other thing is for certain.........REECEY SUCKS!!!
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:19 pm

I got distracted with the job for a second. I was just sitting here thinking about how easily Peyton was shredding up the 9er starters. Of course it's preseason, but if I remember correctly, the Texans play against the NFC East, and the AFC West. I also saw that we are tied for first place in Strength of Schedule. Lol. We have lost RB Ben Tate (our second round pick of this past draft) for the season. The only reason I'm not fretting too much about it is because we have Arian Foster. As long as our undrafted gem is alright, then we're gonna be ok in the running department. Slaton fumbled again. Tried to run into the endzone, upright, and with his ball carrying hand exposed and at around his neck level. The defender just slapped the ball out of his hand. (That was stupid were my exact words at that moment). But, this will now give us a chance to look at Chris Henry (a 235 pound back that runs 4.3 speed :o ) and Jeremiah Johnson from Oregon. He and Jonathon stewart were quite a tandem over there two years ago. I want to watch Cleveland's game, and I want to take a look at the Bills. I also want to get a glimpse of OKC. I like watching to see how much the bottom teams improve from one season to the next. I also wonder if the Vikes are going back to that old dumbed down offense that they ran before the Brett Favre experiment. As much as I wish he would be there to play for them, I just didn't have it in me to go through another suspense filled offseason of unsuspenseful news. Brett's throwing to high school kids (he does it every summer), Brett's fishing (get out of his butt media), Brett's not sure if he's gonna play or not (same news different year) Hell, I was almost looking for somebody to get into some kind of legal trouble just to change the news topics. (Thank you LaMarcus Russel) Doesn't he know that drinking codein drinks will seriously make you blow up like a balloon? And that drinking it can kill you quick. We had a Houston area rapper who used to make songs talking about how he loved drinking that stuff, and he died from it while he was still in his twenties. Definitely something one would want to stay away from. I'll play it safe with beer, Long Island, Vodka, and an occasional brandy or whiskey. And Rum too :) Gotta stay away from that tequila too. That stuff turns me into a human projectile shooter.
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:20 pm

tenn10 wrote:One thing is for sure though........we have nothing after Peyton on the depth chart. I actually thought Painter would turn out to be a decent back-up, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Yeah didn't look like Painter was much of an artist...
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 pm

The Texans are dead if Schaub is out. The team is trying out new backups now. Just to give you an idea of the drop off after Schaub, here's the results from last year:

Passing Pct. Yds TD/INT RTG
M. Schaub 67.9 4770 29-15 98.6
R. Grossman 33.3 33 0-1 5.6
Emeritus
MVP

Postby tenn10 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:24 pm

TryThinking wrote:
tenn10 wrote:One thing is for sure though........we have nothing after Peyton on the depth chart. I actually thought Painter would turn out to be a decent back-up, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Yeah didn't look like Painter was much of an artist...

well maybe he's a plumber??
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:25 pm

I was also thinking of how intrigued I am with Antoine Bathea's safety play. Just makes spectacular plays, sort of in an unspectacular way. Probably because I'm just so used to seeing him do it. Then I thought about how dismal the Colt's season would be if Peyton were to ever suffer a season ending injury. If it ever did, the first thing I'd say is "Play Brandstetter!" (or whatever his name is.) Corey Painter even though he is in just his second, or third year, should not have been playing like that. He played better than that last preseason. It's still the first game though, and we have several more before we get down to the nuts and bolts. Speaking of nuts, Hey TBaggTenn.

LOL @ TT's Status. That was nice. :mrgreen: Heheeeeee! Painter's play was making me cringe too, but that offensive line has to be called out on that kind of play. Poor Painter was getting beaten like a mule.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Emeritus wrote:The Texans are dead if Schaub is out. The team is trying out new backups now. Just to give you an idea of the drop off after Schaub, here's the results from last year:

Passing Pct. Yds TD/INT RTG
M. Schaub 67.9 4770 29-15 98.6
R. Grossman 33.3 33 0-1 5.6

If Favre wouldn't have retired then they would have entertained trading Sage. I'm actually missing him right now. Even with "His Faults" Sage was the best back up we've ever had. I was even kind of wishing for David Carr to come back. Lol! Despite getting sacked three times, Carr looked good. He only made the safe throws (timid) but as long as the ball moves and they come away with 7 which they did, then that's all that matters. Had Peyton played that game out, they would have scored thirty five by the third quarter. And that's only because his drives take soooo long. He sits on that ball and sits on that clock till the final seconds of the play clock. And ultimately that robs the other team of a drive or two once the game is finally over.
Reecey
Starter

Postby tenn10 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Reecey.....Arian Foster should do good for the Texans. He was a good rb while playing for the Vols. Kind of elusive and can still run over people
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Things aren't getting easier. Our next two preseason games are with the Saints and the Cowboys. After that it just gets worse all season.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby tenn10 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 pm

lol....I almost forgot about Rexy Grossman. One of my all time favorites :lol: :lol:
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 pm

The scary part is, that Rex Grossman came in off the street and outplayed Dan Orlovsky in one week. And that's without knowing the offense or anything. That is OMGosh scary. And we still have Orlovsky on our roster. FML. We should just go after Tavares Jackson or Sage. Complete our circulating emphatuation with NFC North QB Cast Offs. Lol.
Reecey
Starter

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Just stopped by to say Good evening, gentlemen. Looks like my honorary team room is buzzing tonight--no need for the honorary fan to post, :D .
See, Reecey? While you were away, Em made me an honorary fan. See what you missed? :lol: :twisted:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 pm

I should have been here for the ceremony. Sorry I been so distant you guys. I've been doing a bit of reading, and I've also been training a new recruit here in the office the last couple of weeks. I also ran out of Colt-Be-Gone Spray.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Matt Schaub has had only one season when he didn't miss several games with injuries. That season he led the NFL in passing. We need to keep him healthy, just as the Colts need to keep Peyton healthy. We will do well with them, but I don't even want to think about what would happen if we lost them.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:48 pm

Neither do I. I do think that we should probably start to seek out drafting Schaub's heir, or at least a capable back up. OR, best case scenario would be acquiring a free agent QB that can actually play. Did yall see Charlie Whitehurst for the Seahawks? That boy was on fire out there. He played great. Then JP Losman came in afterwards and stunk up the joint.

I wonder if that boy who played QB while Russel was benched is available? I'd love to have him. His name slips me at the moment.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Am I missing some posts? I thought I cracked the century mark the last time I was here?

How is the Jets-Giants game looking? I hope the Jets are doing great.
Reecey
Starter

Postby tenn10 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Schaub is an excellent QB. Andre Johnson, IMO, is the best WR in the league. Mario Williams is a beast. A good coach. You have all the ingredients. A few plays here or there and you all could of been looking at 11-5 or 10-6 last season. This could be the year
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:57 pm

I have a movie coming on in a few minutes, so I'm going to leave it in your capable hands.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:47 pm

I'll try to catch up with you guys tomorrow. Have a good night.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 am

Good morning everybody. Everybody?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Good evening Em. Evening Everybody!
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Reecey wrote:Good evening Em. Evening Everybody!

tenn10 said that you suck! just incase you missed it...
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)