The Texans Fan Club

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: The Texans Fan Club

Postby SuperSerial » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:08 am

Baglady wrote:
SuperSerial wrote:ESPN

By Russell Baxter• While the 4-2 Indianapolis Colts have reached the playoffs eight straight years, and over that span have appeared in a pair of Super Bowls, next Monday's meeting vs the Houston Texans may be the team's biggest game in nearly a decade. Racked by injuries and already 0-2 in the division (including a loss at Houston in Week 1), a sweep at the hands of Houston may put QB Peyton Manning and company in a very big hole in a very competitive division.

Game of the decade, lmao. I wonder what network that MNF game is gonna be on.

MNF games are always on ESPN - at least in this part of the world. Not sure I'd call it the game of the decade but it should be a good one... BTW, I for one never expected the Titans to be at 5 - 2, yep, "competitive" division...

Oh, I knew it is on ESPN. That was sarcasm. An ESPN reporter is hyping the ESPN game up to be the Colts' game of the decade, lol. Imagine that.
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby SuperSerial » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:15 am

Get 'em
Attachments
2917153147_32967f6382.jpg
2917153147_32967f6382.jpg (125 KiB) Viewed 15277 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 am

A repeat of our first game of the season would be fine with me.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:26 pm

SACK!!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby tenn10 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:53 pm

NEVER FORGET!!!
Attachments
92901163.jpg
92901163.jpg (61.59 KiB) Viewed 15276 times
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Reecey wrote:SACK!!

me...being a not so innocent bystander...am just hoping for another good game...with sacks...maybe an int...or 2...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Let's see, Arian Foster ran for how many yards?

arian-foster.jpg
arian-foster.jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 15273 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 am

Don't forget Pollard has a score to settle on some stuff that Wayne started in week one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFp3e2s-mM

Pollard is gonna be looking for payback. He took a lot of heat over that incident.
Attachments
pollardwayne.jpg
pollardwayne.jpg (6.21 KiB) Viewed 15273 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:32 am

I hope that it is a friendly game. I have a lot of respect for the Colts, who are a high-class organization.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby tenn10 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Good luck anyway guys....I do really like the Texans and hope to see both teams in the playoffs this year
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:53 pm

It could very well happen that the AFC South could get both wild card spots, given the way things have gone early.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:16 pm

I just read an article that said that Bob McNair, the owner of the Houston Texans, has ordered player's lockers searched for PED's. He says that somebody had to take the initiative.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Emeritus wrote:I hope that it is a friendly game. I have a lot of respect for the Colts, who are a high-class organization.

I do too.

But, if Wayne is gonna run his mouth all game and then run outta bounds like a coward to avoid being hit, there could be a flareup. That is exactly what happened in week one, at least according to an interview Pollard did as a result of the incident. I suppose Pollard could be lying, but Wayne was clearly taking crap to Pollard on the play where Pollard was caught cussing at him.
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:02 am

Whatever happened, Pollard has to play within the rules or he will hurt the team. Taunting players into retaliating is as old as football and Pollard should know how to respond. I hope to see a clean game with no injuries.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:03 am

SuperSerial wrote:Don't forget Pollard has a score to settle on some stuff that Wayne started in week one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFp3e2s-mM

Pollard is gonna be looking for payback. He took a lot of heat over that incident.

"Did you hear that verbal exchange though? In this picture? Pollard was in the wrong for that sure, and especially being Mic'ed up, but I guess it's all in football.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:05 pm

My take is that Pollard got caught and was making excuses. The right thing to have done would have been to man up, keep quiet and tried to turn the tables on him. Now the refs will be looking for him to do something and will have their flags ready. Pollard just seems stupid to me.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:11 pm

SuperSerial wrote:
Emeritus wrote:I hope that it is a friendly game. I have a lot of respect for the Colts, who are a high-class organization.

I do too.

But, if Wayne is gonna run his mouth all game and then run outta bounds like a coward to avoid being hit, there could be a flareup. That is exactly what happened in week one, at least according to an interview Pollard did as a result of the incident. I suppose Pollard could be lying, but Wayne was clearly taking crap to Pollard on the play where Pollard was caught cussing at him.

Wayne "run outta bounds like a coward to avoid being hit"???? :shock: Not sure I've ever heard Wayne called a coward....
He had the 1st down, wasn't gonna get any more yards - ah, what was he supposed to do? Wait for Pollard??? The same Pollard that put the hit on Brady that knocked him out for the season (when Pollard played for the Chiefs) and seems to me Pollard was also on the play that took Welker out at the end of last season although in fairness no one touched Welker on that play. No knock on Pollard, he's a great player but I'm not sure he wasn't just pissed off at Wayne for having beaten him on the play....

That said, much respect for the TX's and what they've accomplished. Looking forward to the game and please no more injuries to either team.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Baglady wrote:
SuperSerial wrote:

I do too.

Wayne "run outta bounds like a coward to avoid being hit"???? :shock: Not sure I've ever heard Wayne called a coward....
He had the 1st down, wasn't gonna get any more yards - ah, what was he supposed to do? Wait for Pollard??? The same Pollard that put the hit on Brady that knocked him out for the season (when Pollard played for the Chiefs) and seems to me Pollard was also on the play that took Welker out at the end of last season although in fairness no one touched Welker on that play. No knock on Pollard, he's a great player but I'm not sure he wasn't just pissed off at Wayne for having beaten him on the play....

That said, much respect for the TX's and what they've accomplished. Looking forward to the game and please no more injuries to either team.

Amen.... now on the other hand anyone want to knock the living shit out of any Raiders, I'm OK with it :mrgreen:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:46 am

The only trouble with MNF is that you have to wait for all of the other teams to play before you get to watch the game that you're really interested in.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 am

18 1/2 hours and counting.........
Attachments
4185877306_afc8312305.jpg
4185877306_afc8312305.jpg (153.58 KiB) Viewed 15216 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:55 am

It will be interesting to see how Cushing fares in the middle. Heckuva time to learn a new position.
Attachments
Cushing2.jpg
Cushing2.jpg (63.03 KiB) Viewed 15278 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:10 am

If we get behind early, I will find something else to occupy my attention. Playing catch up against Peyton Manning is a losing proposition. If we can get ahead and then run the ball as we did the last game, we have a good chance.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Welcome back big guy
Attachments
DuaneBrown2.jpg
DuaneBrown2.jpg (66.89 KiB) Viewed 15273 times
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 pm

If the offensive linemen will do their job, Vonta Leech will clear out the linebackers for Foster.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Boy, that loss was tough. Houston can't keep throwing away games like that. They could have definitely beaten Indy with better playcalling.
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 am

As I said at the start of the season, I will be happy for a split with all of the teams in the AFC South. Last year we were 8-2 in games with teams from outside the division, but 1-5 in the division. A split would be a two-game improvement and would also demonstrate that we are capable of beating any team in the division.

It was obvious that the Colts learned from the first game and did a good job of game planning for the rematch. That is a hallmark of a good organization. Peyton was a pleasure to watch, but then he was in the first game. The Colts did a great job of taking away what the Texans wanted to do, which was to take an early lead and then control the ball. Everybody understands that you can't play catch up against Peyton Manning.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm

That loss was Houston's fault. The ball was in Houston's court, and Houston failed. Despite the pick six, and decent play by the JV Colt players, there was but only one story to this game. Bungled play calling in the first half. Coming out on the first series with three straight passes is retarded. I was screaming at the coaches from the first play. Then the second series and on and on and on. Only 7 or 8 running plays in the entire first half, and out of those, AF got 65 yards. He'd have a hundred fifty in the first half if they would have stuck to what beat the Colts in week one.

This game was a coaching FAIL
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 pm

I have to disagree with you about the play calling. As I said before the game was played, the key was to start out with the lead so that we could control the tempo of the game by running the ball. But the Texans didn't have the lead. You aren't going to play catch-up to Peyton Manning running the ball. Let's face facts: the Colts have a better team. The Texans are catching up, but they aren't there yet. They are still a work in progress. Last year the Texans were 1-5 in the division. They have already won that many, with four division games to go. That's progress.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SuperSerial » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 pm

The key to beating the Colts is to keep Manning off the field as much as possible. They can't stop the run, period. Houston has a decent running game. Run the ball down their gut, control the time of possession, and there will be no lead to catch up on. My issue is not running the ball to "catch up". My issue is running the ball to control the game.

Houston coming out passing in order to set up the punt is a complete coaching FAIL. 80% or more passing plays in the first half is a coaching FAIL. Adrian Foster only getting 7 or so carries (not sure of his exact numbers) in the first half is a coaching FAIL. Only allowing AF to get 65 yards in the first half when he was clearly running well and had an outstanding yards per carry average is a coaching FAIL.

Allowing Schaub to hold onto the ball too long in passing situations the entire game, to the point where he was in danger of getting his legs broke is a coaching FAIL. Houston's running game, when the plays were called, was stellar. The run should set up the pass, but the pass set up the punt.

COACHING FAIL.
SuperSerial
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 pm

You can game plan all that you want, but the coaches don't play. Sometimes you just have to do what you can against a good opponent and sometimes it isn't enough. These are the same coaches that the Texans had when the Texans won the first game against the Colts. They didn't suddenly get stupid or forget everything that they knew in the first game.
Emeritus
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)