The Texans Fan Club

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: The Texans Fan Club

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 pm

TryThinking wrote:
Emeritus wrote:I'm 62 years old and I've been an avid football fan since I was a little boy. In all that time I've never seen a loser who liked the officiating.

I have many times... I've seen and heard the coaches go up to the refs and say good game and shake their hands in honesty. There are many zebras out there that do a great job and it's refreshing to see a little recognition when they do. I've umpired over a thousand games in baseball/softball and yes I've blown a call or two in my days.
Now on the down side, this year has had WAY TO MANY blown calls in the NFL for my liking... :(

LOL, I've seen plenty of winning coaches compliment the refs, but not the losing ones.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby BuckWild » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Them Texans is ripping em up. AFC SOUTH.....STRONG!
Good luck!
BuckWild
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks, Buck. It will be winning conference games that will be hard. Last year we had our first winning record, but we were 1-5 in the conference. If we can split all of our conference games, I'll be thrilled!
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:32 pm

There was jostling from both sides. What drew the flag was Flowers impeding Andre's foward progress by Flowers slowing his pace into the receiver route while he was right in front of him. They should have either flagged it both ways or not at all, at least in my opinion. It was still a good catch though.

BUT THERE WAS NO CATCH BETTER THAN THAT BY THAT EVIL CULTS RECEIVER PIERRE GARCON!! The Black Magic is apparent in Indy yall. Nothing else can describe it!! I'm still amazed...flabergasted!
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:33 pm

Thanks Buck. Welcome to new Swiss man.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:35 pm

I haven't seen a catch like that since Stick-um was outlawed. The ball just stuck in his hand. This was after he had dropped the easiest pass thrown all night.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Stickum was outlawed in 1981. Lester Hayes used to cover himself with the stuff. He could catch the ball with his helmet or shoulder pads.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Emeritus wrote:I haven't seen a catch like that since Stick-um was outlawed. The ball just stuck in his hand. This was after he had dropped the easiest pass thrown all night.

He did drop one in the endzone, and he had another drop that was more attributed to the cyborg underthrowing a ball. I don't remember if he was preassured on that particular throw, but I do remember the ball came short, and caused Garcon to break off of stride and lay out while reaching backwards. Degree of Difficulty= Impossible. Lol.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 pm

There is a lot of speculation about us making a trade for either Richard Seymour, Nhamdi Asomugha, or Champ Bailey.

The Asomugha trade I can see, but only if the team is willing to come off of a 1st and 3rd, or a 1st and 2nd. And knowing the philosophy of our team, we don't like to trade away draft picks... so it's very possible that that trade does not pan out.

Now the Bailey and Seymour trades WILL NOT happen and only because they both make too much money on their contracts. The Texans are a frugal franchise. The only players on our roster making right at-or right near 10 million a year are Andre and Mario. Schaub is making about 7 or 8 million while AJ is at 10mill , and Mario is around 9mill. With Demeco Ryans out for the season I am really interested in seeing what we could possibly do. If we want to go after a rugged veteran, I think Takeo Spikes is a free agent. He may be 33 years old, but he still plays at a high level. He did so for the 49ers and the Eagles in the last few years as well. I really don't know what to expect from things. I'm just glad that we are finally going into the bye week, because our players are seriously beat up. I think we had 10 guys inactive for the game. Kubiak admitted that for a few special teams snaps they had to line up with just ten players on the punt teams. :o We need healthy bodies and we need them fast.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 pm

SuperSerial wrote:Leinart asking Haley for a job after the game.

LMAO! SS, you're the man! :lol:
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:01 pm

There was one on the sideline that hit him between the numbers. Any Pee Wee player could have caught it. Then he made that circus catch of a throw-away ball.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Yep. Doesn't it just drive you crazy to see guys not make THE EASY plays? I know it makes me pace and rant around my living room. LOL!
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Emeritus wrote:I haven't seen a catch like that since Stick-um was outlawed. The ball just stuck in his hand. This was after he had dropped the easiest pass thrown all night.

I said basically the same thing on another thread... ;)
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Duane Brown's suspension is over now. He is now back with the team and in team meetings. I was so impressed and proud of Butler's play these last couple of games. I think he only gave up one sack, and it was on the fault of Matt schaub for kool-aiding in the pcket for almost six seconds. BOY OH BOY OH BOY! Also, the trade deadline is tomorrow at 3 o'clock. We have never been major players in the trade market, especially in mid-season, but I honestly don't know what to expect.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Try, after I made my post I ran across yours. We must have the same memories of Lester Hayes rolling in the stuff.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Emeritus wrote:Try, after I made my post I ran across yours. We must have the same memories of Lester Hayes rolling in the stuff.

Yep he was like frigging Spiderman until they took away his web, then he became just Peter Parker.
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:25 pm

You guys remember they used that idea in the movie The Replacements? They put a massive glob of that glue on the receivers hands and the receiver said "Whoa! It looks like I jacked off an elephant." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reecey
Starter

Postby Baglady » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:30 pm

TX's - tough loss w/ Ryans - too many injuries this early in the season. I know the Colts sure need this bye week.
Seems strange we will have played the TX's twice before either of our teams has played the Titans... And I'm not sure why Jack gets to host a MNF game when the locations are usually based on a teams success the previous season.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Reecey wrote:You guys remember they used that idea in the movie The Replacements? They put a massive glob of that glue on the receivers hands and the receiver said "Whoa! It looks like I jacked off an elephant." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phuny chit mang...
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm

My only reasoning is that MNF is trying to publicize the intensity of the AFC South rivalries. Other than that...I'm suprised that Jacksonville even avoids black outs because they're tickets really don't sell. Shame too, because that team isn't all that bad.

The AFC South is the only division with every team over .500 at this time too. 8-)

Now that's what you call good play!
Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Reecey
Starter

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:41 pm

That's a list of Top 10 NFL Prospects midway through the college season at every position.

I'm only looking at it because we have a bye week. I need to start looking at some of the free agent linebackers and see if there is someone that we could consider pursuing.
Reecey
Starter

Postby Baglady » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Think a few games have already been blacked out, not sure where. Jacksonville has just seemed really inconsistent. But their win over the Colts did not surprise me. They may not win another game but ALWAYS bring their best play for the Colts. And the Titans W at Dallas surprised me so it should be a good game tonight...
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Reecey » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:51 pm

As soon as the Cowboys clean up the miscues with the penalties they will go on a strong run. Had anyone come to tell me that they would be 1-5 at this part of the season with all of their players healthy, I would not have believed it. The NFL...the most unpredictable facet in our lives.
Reecey
Starter

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Reecey wrote:My only reasoning is that MNF is trying to publicize the intensity of the AFC South rivalries. Other than that...I'm suprised that Jacksonville even avoids black outs because they're tickets really don't sell. Shame too, because that team isn't all that bad.

The AFC South is the only division with every team over .500 at this time too. 8-)

Now that's what you call good play!

Take out the Bills and we're there too :mrgreen:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:53 pm

BUT THERE WAS NO CATCH BETTER THAN THAT BY THAT EVIL CULTS RECEIVER PIERRE GARCON!! The Black Magic is apparent in Indy yall. Nothing else can describe it!! I'm still amazed...flabergasted!

seal.jpg
seal.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 12826 times

hi...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Baglady wrote:Think a few games have already been blacked out, not sure where. Jacksonville has just seemed really inconsistent. But their win over the Colts did not surprise me. They may not win another game but ALWAYS bring their best play for the Colts. And the Titans W at Dallas surprised me so it should be a good game tonight...

Speaking of blackouts, the Chargers didn't even sell out their opening game?! WTF :roll:
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Baglady » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Chargers didn't sell out their opener??? Wow, that does surprise me. Think maybe St Louis didn't sell out their opener but that'll change w/ wins. Jack always has trouble selling out. Cleveland and the Panthers may struggle to sell out...

Hi and bye TT, dred, Reecey, Em and anyone else around. Enjoy the game.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Have a nice evening, Lady.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Baglady wrote:Chargers didn't sell out their opener??? Wow, that does surprise me. Think maybe St Louis didn't sell out their opener but that'll change w/ wins. Jack always has trouble selling out. Cleveland and the Panthers may struggle to sell out...

Hi and bye TT, dred, Reecey, Em and anyone else around. Enjoy the game.
ALCS.jpg
ALCS.jpg (5.38 KiB) Viewed 12815 times

2-0 Rangers...8th...
dredwak
All Pro

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)