The Brett Favre Circus Has Returned to Town

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

The Brett Favre Circus Has Returned to Town

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:59 am

All right...here we go. This is what we've been waiting for. Reports are coming in that Brett is telling teammates he won't be returning for 20th year. Believe it or not?
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Re: The Brett Favre Circus Has Returned to Town

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:54 am

LadyHawk wrote:All right...here we go. This is what we've been waiting for. Reports are coming in that Brett is telling teammates he won't be returning for 20th year. Believe it or not?

NOT... give it 2 weeks & he'll be playin. or he could actually be telling the truth about it & no one believes him cuz he has done this to many times
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby 16Forever » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:25 pm

BabyHawk wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:All right...here we go. This is what we've been waiting for. Reports are coming in that Brett is telling teammates he won't be returning for 20th year. Believe it or not?

NOT... give it 2 weeks & he'll be playin. or he could actually be telling the truth about it & no one believes him cuz he has done this to many times

Brett? You're full of what?
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:28 pm

16Forever wrote:
BabyHawk wrote:

Brett? You're full of what?

stinky brown stuff????
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Re: The Brett Farve Circus Has Returned to Town

Postby Emeritus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Frankly, I lost interest a few years ago. Brett Farve is a tease. Coming back or not, he wants to keep everybody interested in what he's doing. He had a great career, but now he's just trying to stay in the spotlight any way that he can. I don't care if he plays again or not, but I'm tired of the teasing.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Aw, I just love Favre. I don't mind the retirement circus either. His career has earned him an opportunity to retire or not, no matter how many times it happens (IMHO). I just hope he is teasing, because every year I look forward to him playing ball. His love of the game is clear when he plays it, and too many of the guys playing now take everything for granted--and act like it's "just a job."
To me, it isn't "just a job," as the few players that actually get so far as the NFL have gone through a stringent process and in the scheme of things, thinking in numbers of population--the relatively small number playing is an amazing feat. I wish they all understood how good they must be to have made it that far, but not act like it's a given that they would end up there. Favre made that run down the field to congratulate a receiver nearly every single time they made a play for him. How many other QBs do that at all? Certainly not 20 years into the game!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Here you go, CK... just for you.

Attachments
Brett.jpg
Brett.jpg (47.12 KiB) Viewed 16964 times
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:18 pm

cklaurence wrote:Aw, I just love Favre. I don't mind the retirement circus either. His career has earned him an opportunity to retire or not, no matter how many times it happens (IMHO). I just hope he is teasing, because every year I look forward to him playing ball. His love of the game is clear when he plays it, and too many of the guys playing now take everything for granted--and act like it's "just a job."
To me, it isn't "just a job," as the few players that actually get so far as the NFL have gone through a stringent process and in the scheme of things, thinking in numbers of population--the relatively small number playing is an amazing feat. I wish they all understood how good they must be to have made it that far, but not act like it's a given that they would end up there. Favre made that run down the field to congratulate a receiver nearly every single time they made a play for him. How many other QBs do that at all? Certainly not 20 years into the game!

GOD I JUST HOPE WE AREN'T HAVING THIS SAME CONVERSATION NEXT YEAR...I'M SORRY CK BUT I JUST WISH HE'D GO AWAY FOR GOOD THIS TIME. PEACE - 16
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:31 pm

Sorry, 16. I just love the guy. Can't help myself... I think, however, it is a pretty good bet that there will be no conversation about Brett at all next year at this time. (There. I said it. Now if only I could believe it...)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks for the picture, LadyHawk. Much appreciated <3

I'm getting confused about something :roll: -- We now have 2 "Ladies. There's Bags and there's Hawk. Swissies must either write out the whole name or think of another way to address our dear ladies of Swiss. (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one getting confused here... :ugeek: )
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Doesn't bother me to hear all the nonsense. I can change the channel, turn the page or dial... I for one love watching the dude play no matter the teams he's on! There aren't many in todays game that still play with heart like he does, it's mostly all about the $$$$! If I was an owner and needed a QB, I'd let his old ass sit out most of the pre-season BS as long as the he knew the plays and was ready come week1! I don't remember many that ever performed at 40 like he did last year as a QB!?
I for one would like to see him back another year...
~my two cents
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:02 pm

TryThinking wrote:Doesn't bother me to hear all the nonsense. I can change the channel, turn the page or dial... I for one love watching the dude play no matter the teams he's on! There aren't many in todays game that still play with heart like he does, it's mostly all about the $$$$! If I was an owner and needed a QB, I'd let his old ass sit out most of the pre-season BS as long as the he knew the plays and was ready come week1! I don't remember many that ever performed at 40 like he did last year as a QB!?
~my two cents

are you keepin the change TT? LOL
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Are you ready for some football?

Postby TryThinking » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:03 pm

TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:04 pm

BabyHawk wrote:
TryThinking wrote:Doesn't bother me to hear all the nonsense. I can change the channel, turn the page or dial... I for one love watching the dude play no matter the teams he's on! There aren't many in todays game that still play with heart like he does, it's mostly all about the $$$$! If I was an owner and needed a QB, I'd let his old ass sit out most of the pre-season BS as long as the he knew the plays and was ready come week1! I don't remember many that ever performed at 40 like he did last year as a QB!?
~my two cents

I recycle.....
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:18 pm

For comic relief, we have Fat Albert in Washington. He's making Dan Snyder look like the biggest sucker in the NFL for giving him all of that guaranteed money. How on earth did Snyder manage to get that rich?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:34 pm

TryThinking wrote:
BabyHawk wrote:
~my two cents

I recycle.....

You and I remain pretty much on the same page when it comes to sports, Try. Notwithstanding the fact we're both Phin Phans, we agree on many other areas of the game. I wouldn't mind having Favre on our team. Now we have Henne, and hopefully he'll grow (fast!!!!!) into the QB we've been waiting so long for--but prior to this? We let Favre get away to the JETS that year, and I was so mad I wanted to kill someone (j/k--don't send out the trucks yet). He got his dream last year of making Green Bay eat the day they released him--and he needed that... I think it is hogwash when I hear people blaming him for not getting Minnesota to the Super Bowl last year. They wouldn't have been anywhere near the playoffs had they not gotten Favre to get them there. Jerks!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:45 pm

cklaurence wrote:
~my two cents

You and I remain pretty much on the same page when it comes to sports, Try. Notwithstanding the fact we're both Phin Phans, we agree on many other areas of the game. I wouldn't mind having Favre on our team. Now we have Henne, and hopefully he'll grow (fast!!!!!) into the QB we've been waiting so long for--but prior to this? We let Favre get away to the JETS that year, and I was so mad I wanted to kill someone (j/k--don't send out the trucks yet). He got his dream last year of making Green Bay eat the day they released him--and he needed that... I think it is hogwash when I hear people blaming him for not getting Minnesota to the Super Bowl last year. They wouldn't have been anywhere near the playoffs had they not gotten Favre to get them there. Jerks!

Oh I'd still like to kick the Dolphins Dr. in the nuts for not picking Drew Brees over Culpepper!
Oh all ye Phin Paithful, where or where might we have been?
~sigh~
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:43 pm

I will never never never get over that choice, Try. I was like a wild woman at the time. It just felt wrong! Brees just seemed to have so many more possibilities than Culpepper. Um, age for starters! Oh well, on to the next season of choices--may they all be great!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:34 am

i am a fan of football players...i like watching favre play...i will be sorry to see him finally hang it up...when...it happens...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:37 am

that being said...i am not a fan of football players who hurt other folks...or bring shame to the national football league...ben...are you listening...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:15 am

dredwak wrote:that being said...i am not a fan of football players who hurt other folks...or bring shame to the national football league...ben...are you listening...

Ben would just be the soup de jour, there are many that bring the game down to something much less... :?
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:15 am

Gifted athletes find that they get a free pass early in life. They get promoted in school, because the schools are more concerned with their eligibility than with their educations. People who otherwise would ignore them are friendly. They acquire a pack of sycophants who assure them that they are special and that the rules don't apply to them. It gets worse in college, with people eager to give them money. They meet people who will do anything to be near "the star." Then they hire agents who convince them that they are more valuable than five hundred nurses. The teams give give millions to a kid who grew up with nothing. Usually, that's what they are left with in the end. It's amazing that any of them stay out of trouble.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby maineiacgirl » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:41 am

For so many years...I had a great respect for him.
NOW.... I wish he'd just go away already

Why end such a fantastic career by being such an attention grabbing pain in the ass?
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:50 am

maineiacgirl wrote:For so many years...I had a great respect for him.
NOW.... I wish he'd just go away already

Why end such a fantastic career by being such an attention grabbing pain in the ass?

I agree. I always admired Brett for his courage and love of the game, in addition to his skills as a player. Now I just want his to go away. I hope that later everybody will forget about his team-jumping and retirements and un-retirements and just remember what he brought to the game, but for now, I'm fed up.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby BabyHawk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:06 pm

I think the thing that gets me the most is hey.. lookie.. training camp has started.. & where is their QB????? If you are not going to play you owe it to the other memebers of this team to show a little respect & tell them before training camp starts so that everyone can settle into their positions & get used to having a new QB at the helm... His constant lack of respect for others in this situation is really annoying
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:23 pm

That's still better than Albert Haynesworth. The guy has a contract for one hundred million dollars and he wouldn't even show up for mandatory conditioning camp. So far he doesn't seem to have much interest in passing a fitness test so he can practice with the team. This is the same guy who tore the helmet off the Cowboys offensive lineman and stomped on his face. I think that one required twenty-four stitches. Why is he allowed to play?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Emeritus wrote:That's still better than Albert Haynesworth. The guy has a contract for one hundred million dollars and he wouldn't even show up for mandatory conditioning camp. So far he doesn't seem to have much interest in passing a fitness test so he can practice with the team. This is the same guy who tore the helmet off the Cowboys offensive lineman and stomped on his face. I think that one required twenty-four stitches. Why is he allowed to play?

you know he is just doing this so that they will trade him.. He doesn't want to play in the scheme they are going with this year.. in some ways I can't blame him cuz who wants to accidently take the hits that come with that scheme.. but really the prima donna stuff needs to stay the heck outta football
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:58 pm

I really can't understand why Haynesworth is allowed to play. He clearly has no respect for the rules or for the other players. Are they going to wait until he kills someone before they throw him out of the game? This is just playing Russian Roulette with a mad man...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby BabyHawk » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:03 pm

cklaurence wrote:I really can't understand why Haynesworth is allowed to play. He clearly has no respect for the rules or for the other players. Are they going to wait until he kills someone before they throw him out of the game? This is just playing Russian Roulette with a mad man...

Lord only knows CK... I am hoping the skins don't give in & give him what he wants
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:37 pm

It is so GRAND to be talking football again!
Emeritus
MVP

Next

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)