HAPPY SUNDAY, AUGUST 1ST

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

HAPPY SUNDAY, AUGUST 1ST

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am

I see between 3 and 4 "registered" and/or "guests" on the Board Index, but no names. So, first of all, Happy August 1st (my daddy's 93rd birthday AND the beginnings of the Football season to come) to those of you who are already here, and of course, to those who will be stopping by throughout the day--AND to all of the Swiss Family, past, present and future!!!

I was setting up for the day and when I opened the msn.com site, "whatif" sports, (new to me) had their estimate of what it will look like at the end of the season. After I threw up, brushed my teeth and washed my face, I thought I would share it with y'all. It is NOT pretty!!! The link: http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl-l/profi ... sp?hfid=17 :shock: :cry:

I'll be around on and off today--would love to see the responses of the Swiss on those predictions. Need a little feedback here...
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: HAPPY SUNDAY, AUGUST 1ST

Postby Emeritus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I had already read them. I don't try to make predictions, because mine have always been completely wrong. One of the WhatIfSports guesses which really surprised me was that they expect the Titans to tie the Colts in regular season record and to win the division on a tie breaker. I have no idea what the Titans have done to give them that much confidence in them. They must be looking at factors unknown to me. Given how ratings change during the season, I'm not going to get excited about one before a down is played. It is something to talk about, though.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby maineiacgirl » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:58 pm

I kind of liked it....
Good reading
:D
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Sure Maine--you would like it. Where it has my Phins last in the division, it has your Patriots winning the division. :*( (Go figure).
Ha! The '86 Canes "Most Hated Team #1" - They just has swagger and were misunderstood... :roll:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:00 pm

*has = had
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:47 pm

swagger and were misunderstood...
=======
my swagger comes in a bottle...smells pretty good...misunderstood comes from between my ears...
dredwak
All Pro

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)