LET BYGONES BE BYGONES?

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

LET BYGONES BE BYGONES?

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:44 pm

IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION, THERE ARE MANY POSTERS HERE WHO MISS CERTAIN PEOPLE FROM OUR PAST--THE OLDE SWITZERLAND. HONESTLY, I TOO HAVE FELT PANGS (AS I HAVE MENTIONED) MISSING MANY OF THE EARLY CORNERSTONES OF MY BELOVED SWITZERLAND.

SOME OF THOSE MISSING ARE THAT WAY BECAUSE FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER, THEY DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE HERE, AND OTHERS ARE GONE BECAUSE THEY WERE BANNED FOR (CONTINUOUS) BAD BEHAVIOR.

THIS BEING SAID, I HAVE BEEN LOBBIED BY SOME CARING MEMBERS HERE, TO LET BYGONES BE BYGONES AND ALLOW ANY AND EVERY ONE WHO HAS BEEN BANNED, AND ANY WHO LEFT FOR THEIR OWN REASONS (AND ARE *HOOVERING), TO COME TO THE NEW SWITZERLAND, WITHOUT PREJUDICE AND WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO BRING BACK THE JOY AND GLORY THAT WAS SWITZERLAND (BEFORE THE WARS AND PROBLEMS BEGAN).

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF THOSE IN THE SWISS FAMILY WOULD WEIGH IN--EITHER ON THE BOARDS OR THROUGH SMAIL, ON YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THIS. FOOTBALL SEASON IS JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AWAY, AND IT MIGHT BE NICE TO ENTER THE 2010 DECADE WITH THE FULL COMPLEMENT OF THOSE WHO WERE SWITZERLAND. IT IS THE SWISS FAMILY'S CALL ON THIS ISSUE, PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU SOON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Re: LET BYGONES BE BYGONES?

Postby Emeritus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Everybody is welcome as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes people just need to cool off a little. Frankly, I usually feel sheepish after making more of a fool of myself than usual.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm sure you know my feelings, but I'll chime in.

I'm of the forgiving mind in most cases myself. I think people can learn and change. the real problem is knowing if what is true behind the anonymity of a keyboard. People can be what they want to be and some choose to be something other than what they are. I've known you pre-Swiss and know that you've always tried to be fair. My opinion would be to turn back the clock to wherever you wish and let those that wish to post here at Swiss do so with the caveat that all the old rules still apply and will be enforced up to and including permanent banning. Some have already been let back that were controversial.

Keep in mind that people come and go due to circumstances beyond their control.

~my two cents, clink clink~
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby dredwak » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:37 pm

you too smart lady...i think we should all try again...whats the worst that could happen..? said individuals get banned again..? i can live with that...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Baglady » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:08 pm

CK, this is your site so it's your decision but since you asked for opinions.... this is a new Switzerland site and a new NFL season so as long as the same rules apply to everyone and we're all aware of them, no reason anyone should not be allowed here.
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:04 pm

I SEE THE RESPONSES ARE MUCH AS I HAD HOPED THEY WOULD BE, AND IN THE LIGHT OF A NEW YEAR, A NEW HOME AND A NEW SEASON (COMING SOON!), I WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND THE OLIVE BRANCH TO KICKS, STEVE THE CAT AND LINDADITO (FOR STARTERS)--AND TO ANY OTHERS WHO MIGHT HAVE LEFT OVER PERCEIVED DIFFERENCES OR SLIGHTS OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS.
THE OLD RULES APPLY, OF COURSE. WITH LOVE FROM THE GODMOTHER
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 pm

I am in full agreement... wipe the slate clean...forgiveness is important. None of us are perfect. Let's get our NFL on people!!
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 pm

If we don't forgive then we are hostage of our own humility. No one is perfect, being able to forgive is a deposit into our emotional and moral bank accounts.

ps - Peace please don't delete me :)
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Keeping The Peace » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:44 pm

16Forever wrote:If we don't forgive then we are hostage of our own humility. No one is perfect, being able to forgive is a deposit into our emotional and moral bank accounts.

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

I don't remember an instance that you qualified as deletable.
ps congratulations on your week 1 win in the Game.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby 16Forever » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Keeping The Peace wrote:
16Forever wrote:If we don't forgive then we are hostage of our own humility. No one is perfect, being able to forgive is a deposit into our emotional and moral bank accounts.

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Moderator Peace

Ok let me try this again, pardon if a repeat message appears -

PEACE! I surely wasn't the only winner? Thank you...

Speaking of eyes, how's Audrey Hepburn's or Sophia Loren's hit you? I knew I was heterosexual way, way, way back then when I was a young lad. Beauty is timeless and eyes are the mirrors to the soul. So many beautiful eyes in every generation.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Peace just for the record, should I call you Dude or Dude-ette? or Bro or Bro-ette?
16Forever
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 pm

16Forever wrote:
Keeping The Peace wrote:

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Moderator Peace

Ok let me try this again, pardon if a repeat message appears -

PEACE! I surely wasn't the only winner? Thank you...

Speaking of eyes, how's Audrey Hepburn's or Sophia Loren's hit you? I knew I was heterosexual way, way, way back then when I was a young lad. Beauty is timeless and eyes are the mirrors to the soul. So many beautiful eyes in every generation.

PEACE! - disregard ... I saw who got the correct answers. I guess I was just "quick on the draw"...Onward to the next challenge - PEACE! (no pun intended).
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Congrats to 16 on his tremendous win--and best luck to all on this week's game.

16: I look forward to the welcoming parties beginning, and hope our old Family members will be here to celebrate with us. I'm extremely happy with the enthusiasm shown by those who are blogging here right now, and hope those returning have the same!

LET BYGONES BE BYGONES!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Keeping The Peace » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:44 pm

16Forever wrote:Peace just for the record, should I call you Dude or Dude-ette? or Bro or Bro-ette?

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Just for the record, today I would be a Bro. One never knows what tomorrow brings though.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby Keeping The Peace » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 pm

16Forever wrote:Speaking of eyes, how's Audrey Hepburn's or Sophia Loren's hit you? I knew I was heterosexual way, way, way back then when I was a young lad. Beauty is timeless and eyes are the mirrors to the soul. So many beautiful eyes in every generation.

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Both would be respectable choices and I would add Ann Margret and Raquel Welch to that era.
Yes as I see it the eyes are the gateway to ones soul.

Moderator Peace
Play nice or go home....
Keeping The Peace

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:40 pm

Keeping The Peace wrote:
16Forever wrote:Speaking of eyes, how's Audrey Hepburn's or Sophia Loren's hit you? I knew I was heterosexual way, way, way back then when I was a young lad. Beauty is timeless and eyes are the mirrors to the soul. So many beautiful eyes in every generation.

WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Both would be respectable choices and I would add Ann Margret and Raquel Welch to that era.
Yes as I see it the eyes are the gateway to ones soul.

Moderator Peace

Ann Margaret and Raquel Welch? Dude...you are dating yourself!! My dad (who is 75) loves those women (including Sophia Loren)...LOL Classy women. Actually, I saw a photo of Raquel Welch recently with her son - she looks younger than HIM!!
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:53 am

GOOD MORNING SWITZERLAND!!

(I need to find or make a room that I can say my good morning and/or "Good Afternoon" in every day. Right now I just try to come in where there has been a little action in recently... ;)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 am

Good morning CK.

I thought that was what the Lounge was for? To just shoot the breeze, non-football related type stuff? It doesn't really matter, to me. There seems to be an abundance of rooms here...

SMART ASS ALERT:
Though might I suggest a "weather channel" page for those who like to discuss the weather?
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm

LadyHawk wrote:SMART ASS ALERT:
Though might I suggest a "weather channel" page for those who like to discuss the weather?

I rather like your smart ass.
Maybe a "food channel" too?
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:34 pm

TryThinking wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:SMART ASS ALERT:

I rather like your smart ass.

I know you do, dear... :D
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 pm

ps - Peace please don't delete me :)[/quote]
WHISTLE BLOW!!!

Moderator Peace[/quote]

16deletable????[i]THAT IS JUST WRONG :o)[/i]
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

LadyHawk, you are looking lovely today in your smashing new avatar. Bravo! I am sure Peace wouldn't consider deleting a smart ass dressed as beautifully as you :roll: .
Well, I guess that's my giggle for the day. (nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck...) I keep thinking a certain doggie and kitty kat will be coming around, but i-sports must be a bigger draw than I thought, ya' think?

I'm just feisty today 'cause my dad's in the hospital right now, and when someone is really sick w/o a diagnosis, the days are awfully long. The hospital is nearly an hour away and I'm running back and forth like it's next door. I've got Joy (my former housekeeper and for years now, certified nurse's aide and dear friend) staying over at nights with him. It's a damned shame, but if you don't have an advocate with you while being in the hospital--especially overnight when no one is looking and no one can tell (as far as they know)--the patient is screwed. NOT on my watch!!!

And how is you day, dears?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 am

i feel good just making the request...if they dont come home...its on them...we tried...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:36 am

Sorry to hear about your dad, CK. Hope he recovers well... sending good thoughts your way!!

As for isports...hmm. Well, from what I see, what transpires there is pretty much elementary-school-level behavior. Very nice folks - no fighting - but you're not missing much. Photos get posted that wouldn't be allowed in Switzerland, and there's "just no fightin' city hall" on that issue. Those guys are gonna post the photos they want because its what tickles their funny bones (among other appendages, I'm sure). That said...

I saw on the news last night our new HC and the boys on the practice field and I felt all gleeful inside...oooh. Those blue helmets and jerseys... oooh la la.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:58 am

cklaurence wrote:LadyHawk, you are looking lovely today in your smashing new avatar. Bravo! I am sure Peace wouldn't consider deleting a smart ass dressed as beautifully as you :roll: .
Well, I guess that's my giggle for the day. (nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck...) I keep thinking a certain doggie and kitty kat will be coming around, but i-sports must be a bigger draw than I thought, ya' think?

I'm just feisty today 'cause my dad's in the hospital right now, and when someone is really sick w/o a diagnosis, the days are awfully long. The hospital is nearly an hour away and I'm running back and forth like it's next door. I've got Joy (my former housekeeper and for years now, certified nurse's aide and dear friend) staying over at nights with him. It's a damned shame, but if you don't have an advocate with you while being in the hospital--especially overnight when no one is looking and no one can tell (as far as they know)--the patient is screwed. NOT on my watch!!!

And how is you day, dears?

CK, I will keep your Dad in my prayers! God Bless........
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks for the kind thoughts, 16.

dred-agreed.

LadyH: Your team isn't wearing their new lime green uniforms are they? I don't mean to say anything bad about your team, but man, they are almost as ugly as the orange jerseys the Phin suits tried to push on our team. They got worn exactly ONCE!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:58 pm

(Thanks also to LadyHawk for kind words about my dad...)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Well.... my opinion is this....
At one time Claudia and I did nothing but sling shit at each other and now I couldn't imagine not having her to call my friend. While other people were the other way around (making it harder to forgive) I am not in cyber space enough to justify an opinion anyway.

That said.... if it would liven things up and the option is still there to boot someone out.... I guess there can't be too much harm.

I just don't want any crap for any reason - I'm simply not in the condition to get worked up over stupid stuff.... so will probably just iggy anyone that upsets me.

maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:10 pm

((((((Tear sliding down her cheek)))))) Why, thank you Maine...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:24 pm

awe.... don't cry!
:mrgreen:
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Next

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)