ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PATRIOTS

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PATRIOTS

Postby roser22 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Yes the room you have all been waiting for is finally here, so let your love and admiration for the greatest team to ever grace the nfl out for everybody to see!!
roser22
Rookie

Re: ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PATRIOTS

Postby Emeritus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks! I'm sure that everybody will be relieved.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:13 pm

roser22 wrote:Yes the room you have all been waiting for is finally here, so let your love and admiration for the greatest team to ever grace the nfl out for everybody to see!!

Greatest team to ever grace the NFL? Seriously?

:lol:
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:35 pm

If the Texans ever won a Super Bowl I'd probably be prone to hyperbole myself. It's easy to be modest when you've done nothing. I'm sure that you've heard the old expression, "It ain't bragging if you can do it." The Texans haven't done it.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby 16Forever » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Emeritus wrote:If the Texans ever won a Super Bowl I'd probably be prone to hyperbole myself. It's easy to be modest when you've done nothing. I'm sure that you've heard the old expression, "It ain't bragging if you can do it." The Texans haven't done it.

LIONS WIN THE SUPERBOWL - LIONS WIN THE SUPERBOWL............oops wrong page.
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Right. Where is the Fantasy page, anyway?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?: :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dredwak
All Pro

Postby tenn10 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:38 pm

the good ole Patsies
Attachments
superbowl-hug.jpg
superbowl-hug.jpg (73.21 KiB) Viewed 34146 times
TOUCHDOWN.......COLTS!!!
tenn10
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:45 pm

This page seems so empty without PAO. Roser even seems to have disappeared. Can it be that we will be without Patriot fans here to make the Dolphin fans miserable throughout the season? :lol:

Nah (((((answering her own question))))) would never happen. :roll:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby PatsAsOne » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:13 am

GOD help us all.

PAO present and accounted for.

Ya didn't think I'd be gone forever, did ya?!?!
PatsAsOne
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:43 am

PatsAsOne wrote:GOD help us all.

PAO present and accounted for.

Ya didn't think I'd be gone forever, did ya?!?!

i was beginning to wonder...but...i do that in the mornings...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 pm

id rather not...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 pm

boo...hisss...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:38 pm

How I feel about the trade of Randy Moss and the affect on the New England Patriots.

The Patriots are my team, always have been and always will. I do not doubt the decisions of the organization, but I do look for the reasons behind abnormal moves. This is football and we fans are passionate about our teams and many of the players. This said, the Pat’s fan base is split in the outcome and reasoning behind the trade of Randy Moss to the Vikings.

Here are my feelings and a few errant facts on the trade.

Randy Moss is a terrific wide receiver and most likely one of the best (present or past) to play the game. He is an amazing athlete and has a pure knowledge of what it takes to win. He wants and desires to be the best no matter the cost. This cost however is often too great and bends towards selfishness and arrogance. He plays when he wants to play if his feelings are hurt or if he is in a bad mood he drops the ball or gives up the route.

The trade to the Vikings mad sense Brett needs a target and has always wanted Randy. There is one thing the organization has forgotten; both of these players are proven quitters. They built a team to win one year and that in my mind is faulty logic and poor team management. How will Moss feel next year when Favre decides whether or not he is retired again? My best guess is unappreciated and back to talking with the press, against his team.

A lot of people have questioned if the move is a result of bickering within the organization? That could play a very small part in the trade, but as a tradition management has dealt with personality conflicts behind closed doors. Patriot’s player’s former and present have spoken highly of Moss since his mouth got the best of him again after week one. They had tried to make him feel appreciated and happy within the team. Randy did not hear or chose not to listen to any praise. He started his “Randy being Randy” with him against the world and letting fans and teammates know there is a capital I when Moss spells team.

Personal conflicts aside, were the Patriots better off with number 81? The answer is no. This is not to discount the contributions he has made, but to highlight the facts before and after the acquisition of Moss.

-Went 12-2 in the playoffs before Moss.

-Went 2-2 in the playoffs with Moss.
-Won three Super Bowls before Moss.
-Won zero Super Bowls with Moss
-Averaged 25.3 PPG in the playoffs before Moss.
-Averaged 20.8 PPG in the playoffs with Moss.

Some other little tidbits of “The Moss” From Jerry McDonald of Faux, Jerry spoke with Randy about the 2006 Raiders and his dropped passes…

"Maybe because I'm unhappy, and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down when I'm in a bad mood," Moss said. "All I can say is, if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results."

(Speaks volumes)

You are a highly over paid wide receiver if the NFL getting paid to play a game you “Supposedly” love for a maximum of 20 games a year. Considering a full 20 games and that the offense is on the field 50% of the times that totals 600 minutes a year. Of those 600 minutes of offense half are rushing, so we are down to 300 minutes a year. I think we can take away another 100 minutes for play calling and/or controlling the clock. We are down to 200 minutes and as a receiver on the Pats they see the ball once every third throwing play. I will give Randy an exception and a solid 150 of playtime, as he is a major addition when it comes to double coverage. Still at his salary of 6.4 million (Base) that works out to roughly 46,000 dollars a minute, how could anyone possibly be unhappy? Bonuses could have added another four million on 2010.

There are no doubts that he has made contributions to the team. As I touched on when Randy is on the field he is double covered, that is a huge advantage. However when the decoy is complaining that he is not getting shot like the other ducks, you have a player that does not understand his role on the team. His one chance to score in the Monday night game against Miami resulted in an obvious ball drop in the end zone. This is the same man that is famous for one-handed receptions that have made him a star. The writing was on the wall after that game.

Another factor that many fans and writers seem to have overlooked is the fact Moss is not as fast as he used to be. He has slowed dramatically in his past 12 years in the NFL. He has suffered numerous injuries that have plagued his play. Shoulder and back are the most prevalent, but there have been many other smaller issues that have added up to allow the double coverage that years ago he would have broke.

All in all there have been some great times and great games, but in the end Randy being Randy and playing only when he feels does not work with New England sports. We, as fans of all teams, deserve every facet of our organization to remember this game is for us, not them. We write the checks for these players through our support whether that is in the stands or our living rooms. We deserve the best out of each and every play.

(An Aside)
There is also an inside slant on the trade. Years ago kicks placed a curse on Randy Moss that he would never win a Super Bowl, I can only imagine Bill Belichick was made aware of the curse and is not messing with the Beagle’s potent Voodoo.
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Its potent stuff... my voodoo..... nice post. :D
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:47 pm

See you around Randy you will be remembered for this...

Image GIFSoup
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:54 pm

You will also be remembered for making the Urban Dictionary... and the new definition of Dropped the Ball...

Dropped The Ball
When Randy Moss "Fauxed" The Patriots over by letting the ball slip from his fingers with less than a minute left in the 2008 Superbowl.
Randy Moss sure dropped the ball, what an epic failure.

yeah it didn't really say Fauxed :shock: lol
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby kicks » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:You will also be remembered for making the Urban Dictionary... and the new definition of Dropped the Ball...

Dropped The Ball
When Randy Moss "Fauxed" The Patriots over by letting the ball slip from his fingers with less than a minute left in the 2008 Superbowl.

In the long run with my curse on Moss it was the right thing to do.
kicks
All Pro

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:20 pm

kicks wrote:
SteveTheCat wrote:You will also be remembered for making the Urban Dictionary... and the new definition of Dropped the Ball...

Dropped The Ball

In the long run with my curse on Moss it was the right thing to do.

I felt it was the only option and Kraft and Belichick agreed 8-) They also apologized for Lawrence Maroney and have sent a Hickory Farms gift basket and your choice of draft pick trades in the first round.
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:51 pm

My main memories of Moss are from his years with the Vikings. I can remember when he was a rookie and was the teams second wide receiver, behind Cris Carter. His 17 touchdowns were a rookie record.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:58 pm

I didn't get to see that much of Moss back in the Vikings and Raiders day I was in New England at the times and the programming is geared more towards east coast teams. Hmm.. thinking about it back then I used to have to tape the games as we were off at a bunch of cheer-leading or field hockey things with my daughter. TV has so much better coverage and with the onset of computers we can be much better fans of the entire NFL now instead of just the players on our team as told in local news and papers...
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:39 am

Randy Moss came out of college with a reputation as a troublemaker. With the Vikings, he was mentored by Cris Carter, who had once had the same reputation. Cris told him about being bounced off the Eagles ("all that he does is catch touchdowns") and that the team came first. While he was with the Vikings, Randy stayed out of trouble. As soon as he left for the Raiders, the trouble started. By the way, the two were the best wide receiver combination that I ever saw.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 am

Thank you to the Mighty Patriots for taking Deion Branch back and giving us a 4th round pick in 2011. Honestly, I hope Branch performs better (and more often) for the Pats than he did for the Hawks. He was on IR most of his 4 seasons.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:29 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Thank you to the Mighty Patriots for taking Deion Branch back and giving us a 4th round pick in 2011. Honestly, I hope Branch performs better (and more often) for the Pats than he did for the Hawks. He was on IR most of his 4 seasons.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!! ;) I hope for nothing of the sort .... back on IR I say!! :lol:
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Well I don't exactly love the Patriots either. But I'm not going to wish anything bad for them.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:57 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Well I don't exactly love the Patriots either. But I'm not going to wish anything bad for them.

I'm hoping my boys can just take care of them themselves :D
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Well of course...
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby oldfart55 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 am

800px-New_England_Patriots_Cheerleaders_(USAF).jpg
800px-New_England_Patriots_Cheerleaders_(USAF).jpg (94.34 KiB) Viewed 32000 times

I seriously thought I had a good idea where the Patriots were heading this year. Imo, they just took a hard turn for the worse. Between Farves indiscretions, and general bad luck, I doubt if Moss will find that which he seeks this season.
Good pg, Roser.
oldfart55
Rookie

Postby SteveTheCat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:10 am

WOW OMG! WOW ... Everyone please meet OF he is like my Dad! I love him bunches! He is such a kind part of my life and kicks talks with him often..

Sighs~! WOW Thank you OF!
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby kicks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:12 am

Hey Dave its Steve.. Thanks for coming over to Switzerland. Whoo Hoo!
kicks
All Pro

Next

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)