ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PATRIOTS

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PATRIOTS

Postby Emeritus » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:03 pm

LOL, so was ours! We had to score three touchdowns in the fourth quarter, including two in the last three and a half minutes, to win.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Emeritus wrote:LOL, so was ours! We had to score three touchdowns in the fourth quarter, including two in the last three and a half minutes, to win.

Those are always my favorite games when you know you are not going to win and BAM! One great play and the clouds part and the TDs come easy
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:10 pm

My favorite games are when the Dolphins are up 196 - 0 and there are only 2 seconds left to play. That way I KNOW for SURE we can't lose it... :D
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Congrats to all the winners tonight! I guess I have to go over to kicks' korner and give him my condolences. It was a really tough loss for me. I probably took it worse than kicksy... :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:42 pm

cklaurence wrote:Congrats to all the winners tonight! I guess I have to go over to kicks' korner and give him my condolences. It was a really tough loss for me. I probably took it worse than kicksy... :cry:

LOL! Me too! I hate to see the Jets win especially against the Pats. Phins and Broncs... For some reason I thought we were playing the Jets next week... Thankfully we are not
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:25 am

Pats as One wrote: "Thanks for giving us deion branch back!!!!!"

On behalf of my team, you're welcome. Hope he does well for you. :D
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:29 am

LadyHawk wrote:Pats as One wrote: "Thanks for giving us deion branch back!!!!!"

~frantically searches for dislike button~
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:31 am

TryThinking wrote:

Talk to management about installing one. :lol:
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:06 am

LadyHawk wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

Talk to management about installing one. :lol:

You got any connections? ~slips her a benjamin~
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:15 am

[quote="TryThinkingYou got any connections? ~slips her a benjamin~[/quote]

Same connections as you, dude. :D
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:30 am

LadyHawk wrote:You got any connections? ~slips her a benjamin~

Same connections as you, dude. :D

~looks for the Batphone~
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:56 pm

SteveTheCat wrote:
cklaurence wrote:Congrats to all the winners tonight! I guess I have to go over to kicks' korner and give him my condolences. It was a really tough loss for me. I probably took it worse than kicksy... :cry:

LOL! Me too! I hate to see the Jets win especially against the Pats. Phins and Broncs... For some reason I thought we were playing the Jets next week... Thankfully we are not

Important thing to remember about the Jets is: they cave. I don't care how many of the top players around the league they pulled in the off-season or traded for, they are still the Jets. I trust them to start choking in the second half of the season. Keep watching... :shock: 8-)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:58 pm

cklaurence wrote:
SteveTheCat wrote:

Important thing to remember about the Jets is: they cave. I don't care how many of the top players around the league they pulled in the off-season or traded for, they are still the Jets. I trust them to start choking in the second half of the season. Keep watching... :shock: 8-)

Yes they will and the headlines will read...

AP PRESS RELEASE:

Two not as of yet identified women are being sought in the questioning of the chocking deaths of Rex Ryan. We have brief footage that clearly shows one woman in a Dolphins shirt and one in a Patriots shirt. They were seen exiting the building eating hot dogs that were reportedly stolen from Mark Sanchez. The woman appeared to be laughing hysterically and high fiving passer byes. The event occurred in Buffalo and we believe the woman were wearing attire to throw off the investigation, this was clearly the work of a disgruntled Jet fan.
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:16 pm

images1.jpg
images1.jpg (1.96 KiB) Viewed 20735 times

@
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Image is Image @ Image
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 pm

dredwak
All Pro

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

LOL! dred~ Shhhh don't tell.... CK is still in hiding and the Faux new has not picked it up if you hear from the cops we were with you and bags
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 pm

This just in! BREAKING NEWS

AP PRESS:

Originally thought to be a blonde woman in a New England Patriots fan was actually a shaven headed man from southern California Try an :idea: The FBI at this point has declined comment and has been quoted as saying, "It is what it is, but it ain't what it seems". The FBI official spokesman was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and appearing indecisive over his loss and or win of the suspect. The media was not shown an official badge from this spokesman, yet believe he may have something to gain from the "choking" of the Jets.

There are no further reports at this time. We will continue to broadcast from the scene. In a non-reported incidence the ordering of Grey Goose and Dom Perignon has enlivened the national economy and we are on our way to recovery. This reporter questions who would have thought... Rex Ryan caused all of the wrong in the world? A silent aside this reporter did.....
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:09 pm

This is going to be one heck of a game today... The Pats Corner Backs are horrendous and if Rivers can get the ball in the air it will be a blow out. However, if we can continue with our newly found running game and Brady can keep the balls spread out across our host of TEs and Receivers the game should be close.
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 pm

The Chargers just kept making mistakes.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SteveTheCat » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:35 pm

hi all Bye all still having helluva time with the net... New router on order etc etc etc ...

Catch ya all soon! Best of luck to your teams this week!
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby SteveTheCat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:55 pm

Oh Man, this actually made me a little weepy... Randy finally gets it~ and after he is gone :cry: Randy you won the Kitty back, We Love You Too!

The transcribed after game talk from Randy Moss 10-31-2010:

I'm going to go ahead and start this thing off. I'm going to go ahead and say this. I think I said something a couple weeks ago. Look, I got fined $25,000 for not speaking to you all. Me personally, I really don't care. But at the same time, I do answer questions throughout the week. For the league to fine me $25,000, I'm not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it's going to be an interview, I'm going to conduct. So I'll answer my own questions. I'll ask myself the questions, then give y'all the answers. So from here on out, I'm not answering any more questions for the rest of this season. Enough said of that, now we'll get to the game.

Let me hold it down. Alright. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, Wilfolk, Tommy Boy, Mayo, Kevin Faulk, man I miss them guys, man, I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It's been an up and down roller coaster emotionally for me all week. And then to be able to come in here and see those guys, running plays and I know what they're doing, and the success they had on the field, the running game, so I kind of know what type of feeling they have on their locker room, man. I just want to be able to tell the guys, I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room.

I mean, Deion Branch came up to me after the game. I've never had a chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick, he gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special. That's something I really take to heart. I actually salute coach Belichick and his team and the success they've had before me, during me and after me. So I'm actually stuck for words, just because of the fact that, man, this is just, a lot of memories here. To the New England Patriots fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shedded a tear for that.

Like I said, it's been an emotional roller coaster all week. Tried to prepare, tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played, couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies here. The bad part about it, is you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over and say, 'Dag Moss, I guess you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.' And it hurts as a player, that you put a lot of hard work in during the week, and at the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that's when they acknowledge about the hard work that you put in throughout the week. That's actually a disappointment.

I can't really say enough about this team and this organization. I met with Mrs. Kraft before the game because I really didn't have a chance to talk to her before I left. I thanked Mrs. Kraft for letting me have the opportunity to be a part of something special. The New England Patriots have always been a special organization and I've always watched from afar.

When I got drafted by Minnesota, and I think I said this a couple weeks ago, I think I felt obligated to bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota. And this season is still not over. Do I know what next season and the future is going to bring? No, I do not. But all I can say is that it's a lot of work that we leave on the field each day.

There is a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work in New England and the only thing that I really tried to do was take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he's given me about the game of football, and I tried to sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how. So I'm going to go ahead and end this interview, I have my family to see.

Definitely down that we lost this game because I didn't expect us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe it could have been different. Maybe not. I don't know how many more times I'm going to be up here in New England, but I'm going to leave the New England Patriots, coach Belichick, man, with a salute. Man, I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out.
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby oldfart55 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Pretty hard to overlook a statement like that, kitty.
One thing fo sho, it came from the heart.
oldfart55
Rookie

Postby oldfart55 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:58 pm

Where in the blue blazes is that Roser guy? The Ducks are kicking some serious tail, and he's nowhere to be found !
oldfart55
Rookie

Postby oldfart55 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 pm

Oh yeah, did I mention the PATRIOTS are no.1 in the NFL in both position, and scoring ?
oldfart55
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:12 am

Congratulations on that and come around more often.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 am

~drags himself into the room~
congrats Pats fans on your win...
~slumbers back out~
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby kicks » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:59 am

There's that enthusiasm Try. :lol:
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Scan the place for a bomb.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SteveTheCat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 am

Emeritus wrote:Scan the place for a bomb.

We did~!
mankins td.jpg
mankins td.jpg (159.94 KiB) Viewed 21343 times

Congratulations to Logan Mankins for waking up and saying, "OH MY GOD" Our two time Pro Bowler (07 09) Is back on a pretty tender/young defense, after deciding some money is better than no money... (Note to Redskins, Followed by a you been Haynesworth)

What does this mean for the Pats I honestly have no knowledgeable answer. The guy flew under my raider for years. I will have to see craziness out of this guy to form a valid opinion. The worst part for me is, I suppose I did not even know he was there a silent but great player and was educated to know I was sad to see him go.

as for Randy??? Well isn't that/this a conundrum? He did some callin' out this week. He laid some coaches out on the floor~ he made any team that does not understand that to be the best you have to do things you hate and study-hard and learn learn learn from watching footage. (Okay a great big kiss my sweet orange fuzzy aZZ to those that thought spygate Fya'll we all do it) Anywho~ The point is The Pats study~ Like the calc dorks all the ball players ragged on...

Football has been brought to a study of science and none too soon. The NFL is the new SCI-FI (Science and Financial) We need our teams to need us to line the stands to get the games who get the ratings who create the best show on turf! Folks it is all dollars and cents. You bring the big names you get all the money and more in return... (Is that to "heat"ed an answer)

Kitty's Opinion Volume 1
SteveTheCat
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)