The Lounge

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: The Lounge

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Hey (((((banging on the bar)))))--I need a Corona--STAT! Er, um, I mean, Please... :oops:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Wake/Shiva - Whatever you want to call it...

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:18 pm

I thought there might be more folks gathered here tonight to say good-bye to The Old Switzerland. I composed an obit this afternoon when I realized that it is actually gone from www.miamidemons.com. In fact, everything is gone from there, but Old Switzerland, I'm guessing, was the biggest loss most feel--I know it's that way for me...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Well, I guess if no one else is going to be stopping by tonight...to have a couple of drinks, talk about the old days of Olde Swiss, blah blah blah...
Wowser. Not even Ms Bags seems to be visiting...
I suppose I'll go home and throw a few back with my husband.

Good night, everyone (lurkers, hooverers, etc.). Be good to one another, and if you're drinking, give a toast to Olde Switzerland...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:06 am

Awwww ck, sorry I wasn't here last night..... The new Swiss is truly an enhanced, better version of the previous site. Keep the faith!

Have to get to work - hey, we're down to days and not months till training camp :)
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:19 am

CK...summer evenings for those of us who don't live in perpetual sunshine are best spent not indoors on the computer. Sorry you were disappointed...last night was just lovely here. 71 and sunny. I spent it outside.

:D
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:52 am

LadyHawk wrote:CK...summer evenings for those of us who don't live in perpetual sunshine are best spent not indoors on the computer. Sorry you were disappointed...last night was just lovely here. 71 and sunny. I spent it outside.

:D

as long as the weather holds I think we are going to hit the bay & bring the bbq with us tomorrow night. Kids can chase clam guisers & the adults can chill... perfect evening if you ask me
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Well LadyHawk, Summer evenings here are best spent inside with the a/c on high--so we're kind of stuck with television, reading and computer time. It's not so much as I was disappointed, as that I was a bit blue about the passing of the Olde Switzerland. Sorry if I made anyone uncomfortable--I certainly didn't intend to do that.

MEANWHILE: HAS EVERYONE GONE OVER TO THE GAME MASTER AND TAKEN A GUESS AT THIS WEEK'S EYES. I JUST SENT MY GUESS IN--HOPE I'M NOT TOO LATE. I'M REALLY LOUSY AT THAT SORT OF THING...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Game Master » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 pm

cklaurence wrote:MEANWHILE: HAS EVERYONE GONE OVER TO THE GAME MASTER AND TAKEN A GUESS AT THIS WEEK'S EYES. I JUST SENT MY GUESS IN--HOPE I'M NOT TOO LATE. I'M REALLY LOUSY AT THAT SORT OF THING...

No one's too late, the game is a weekly game and we will be accepting guesses up til the next one is posted on Monday and the winner is revealed.
There will be another topic page (locked) that will have a running total of those that guessed the weeks eyes correctly and who is in the lead for the championship!
SPREAD THE WORD

More details to follow later.
Smile and your day will go by faster
Game Master

Postby LadyHawk » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 pm

I just read that former NFL Coach Jimmy Johnson is in Nicaragua as a contestant on the next season of "Survivor." Filming started the end of June. Now THAT should be interesting... Let's see Bradshaw and Howie on there next!!
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Interesting note about JJ, LadyHawk. I guess he isn't getting enough of the glory he loves so much :twisted: . You know I have no love for him--the man that left Wannstadt and recommended him as head coach for the Dolphins--or as I call it, "The Beginning of the End!" Grrrrrr!!! Wait--you'll see. After he comes back from Nicaragua, and the attention starts to move away from him again, he'll be "thinking about" coaching again. Good riddance to that big bag of monkey crap. (((((Looks around, grateful that no one else is there, puts on a great big smile and asks "Anybody here? I'm buying--who wants a drinkypoo??)))))
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:24 pm

jimmy is ok...in my book...didnt do too bad...stepping into the shoes of a legend...the walker trade helped a little too...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby dredwak » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:25 pm

9:28..?...im working too hard...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Yep, sure enough--I should have known some Dallas fan would come around and pat him on the back. What is, is; however, he came here promising the same thing for us as he did for Dallas, and in his third year (even though he had been great for the 'Canes :mrgreen: ), took a ONE YEAR extension...so GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....I can't co

Two words: Dave Wannstadt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 pm

[b] Sorry.[/b]
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby dredwak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:03 am

like you said...he didnt do too badly for the canes...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Just wondering if anyone is around for a drink? I'm thirsty and would love some company...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Hawkwiz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:04 pm

****stumbles over barbed wire****
dang CK you up moved the whole country accross the border. I had to bribe a guard to let me cross without a passport.
**looks at the walls****
What's with all the Texan decor??? Oh crap this must be Reecey's room. :roll:
Hawkwiz
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Yes, Hawk--good ol' Reecey set this room up, all right. I don't mind the Texan decor--any other people can always bring memorabilia for their teams as well.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:27 pm

I know it's a bit late for having a couple of drinks together. Just thought if anyone was around, we could have a coupla' cool ones together...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I think that it would help to establish a Happy Hour. Then people would know when to show up for a few drinks together.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:05 pm

It's hard to do because everyone's time zone and time are different. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on when would be a good time for happy hour. What say you all?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby TryThinking » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:18 pm

cklaurence wrote:It's hard to do because everyone's time zone and time are different. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on when would be a good time for happy hour. What say you all?

I heard it was an open bar 24/7/365
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:10 pm

You heard right, of course. The idea was to set a time frame so that people would know when they could find other here.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby TryThinking » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am

Emeritus wrote:You heard right, of course. The idea was to set a time frame so that people would know when they could find other here.

Yes I am smarter than a 5th grader, the point obviously was that it's always open and one will find others when they are here.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:53 am

Try Thinking, if that sounded condescending I am truly sorry. I respect you and I would never try to talk down to you. Please accept my apology.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:09 am

Where the heck is Reecey? He set this room up, so we need him to drop by and guide us. I'm all for having a 24-hour room that is available whenever family members are looking for someone to have a drink with and shoot the shit.
With season cuddling up around us, this place will (hopefully) be rocking 24x7. I remember when I could drop by at 2 in the a.m. at the olde Swiss, and there would be people talking. True, if you come here and click on "View new posts" it will show you exactly where and when the conversation(s) are taking place immediately.
I look on The Lounge as a place that will be mellow all the time. Clearly, some of the other topic rooms are going to get heated up during the season. Stuff will be said that we will wish hadn't been said--and with that Lounge sitting open, it is the perfect place to go when you are cooling down or when you have cooled down, to "make nice"--well, you know what I am trying to say here, right? Wrong? Help me out here, huh???
It's about the "hours" question--lest I wander too far off the track. Now, when it is fairly quiet, and we're never sure if anyone at all will be around--it's nice to have a guestimation of when people will be around to visit, with a good idea about when to come over to chat. In a few weeks, the whole site, (meaning all of the available topic rooms--and more--will be hopping.
So what I'm trying to say (pretty garbled for a writer, right?) is that I think hours are great right now just to know when people will actually be here.
Hey, bartender! Lady!! Help me out here. I'll have some coffee--cream only. Anyone here (including the *hooverers") place your orders. I'm buying! :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Baglady » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 am

G' Morning... coffee black w/ sweet 'n low - thanks! Need mine to go though - have to get to work...

In case anyone will be playing FFL, there's a new XM Sirius station #147 that's strictly fantasy sports. Think now NFL talk and news is Mon - Fri 2 to 5 pm EST but have a feeling it'll expand as the season gets busier.

Hope to BBL~
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 pm

ck, when are you free to sit and talk? I'm retired, so my time is mostly my own. I don't stay up late, because I'm an early riser. I like to have coffee on the porch before it gets too hot.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby dredwak » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Emeritus wrote:ck, when are you free to sit and talk? I'm retired, so my time is mostly my own. I don't stay up late, because I'm an early riser. I like to have coffee on the porch before it gets too hot.

you and i share quite a bit in common...except im not retired anymore...but i love to watch the sun come up...listen to the bird song...and of course...drink a pot of joe...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:28 pm

To me it is the very best part of the day. It is when I gather myself. I enjoy hearing the birds wake up to greet the new day.
Emeritus
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)