The Lounge

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: The Lounge

Postby cklaurence » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Hope you and the Beagle have a super day, kitty! I'm stuck here beating my head against the computer over a chapter that just won't go away. Dammit! :x
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Having a bit of a block, ck? I'd always get out a fountain pen and concentrate on my penmanship instead of what I was writing. I haven't a clue why it has always worked for me, but somehow I always came up with something.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SteveTheCat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:20 pm

CK what Em said write down what is in your mind randomly and your thoughts will revive as you read back!

..And remember what I said you have oodles of works from the years of Swiss! Write about the blog~

Never forget EVER! Because of all of you talking about kicks I wrote him a lovely introduction email for when he cam back! He did not know me as I came to Swiss when he was moving and somehow we became fast friends. We remained friends and then one day! bam!!

I love him so dearly and kicks is never lonely! So! grand! Swiss has a WAY better average than Machedotcom! :D
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:51 am

SteveTheCat wrote:CK what Em said write down what is in your mind randomly and your thoughts will revive as you read back!

..And remember what I said you have oodles of works from the years of Swiss! Write about the blog~

Never forget EVER! Because of all of you talking about kicks I wrote him a lovely introduction email for when he cam back! He did not know me as I came to Swiss when he was moving and somehow we became fast friends. We remained friends and then one day! bam!!

I love him so dearly and kicks is never lonely! So! grand! Swiss has a WAY better average than Machedotcom! :D

I am so happy that you and kicks found one another through our dear Switzerland. I know you were having a rough time, and kicksy was as well--he is way too good a person to have been dealing with the scum in the prison system. I'm thrilled that he is out of there.

I am working on the sequel to The Quarterback's Demons, (have you and kicks read it?), but it proves to be quite the challenge. It's one thing to build characters and their lives, but taking them to the next level, is another thing all together. I went the sequel route because I received so many emails from people who read Demons asking me to do a series. I've shredded more than I've written now, I think ;) , but I am tenacious and will get this done!
As for writing about Switzerland, even changing the names to protect the innocent :? , I'm afraid it would be like running to Faux :o and talking sh*t about our family...I just couldn't, wouldn't do it! Yes, I know there are *hooverers here who see what goes on, but that's one thing--writing a book about our little paradise--uh, uh--NOT gonna do it!
Thank you Em and kitty for your suggestions. I do free-write all the time, which has always worked for me in the past. I don't know why it isn't helping this time, but I will find a way to get the sequel finished. Then maybe I'll take a break on the series and write a stand alone...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Set 'em up, bartender. I'm buying a round for the house to celebrate.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 am

I've fixed my specialty, eggs Benedict. Get 'em while they're hot!
eggs_benedict.jpg
eggs_benedict.jpg (89.89 KiB) Viewed 13855 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby kicks » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Emeritus wrote:I've fixed my specialty, eggs Benedict. Get 'em while they're hot!
eggs_benedict.jpg

They are probably cold by now but its only 10:00 am here and I am hungry. Thanks Em.
A day without football is a sad lonely day!
kicks
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:06 pm

cklaurence wrote:
SteveTheCat wrote:CK what Em said write down what is in your mind randomly and your thoughts will revive as you read back!

I am so happy that you and kicks found one another through our dear Switzerland. I know you were having a rough time, and kicksy was as well--he is way too good a person to have been dealing with the scum in the prison system. I'm thrilled that he is out of there.

I am working on the sequel to The Quarterback's Demons, (have you and kicks read it?), but it proves to be quite the challenge. It's one thing to build characters and their lives, but taking them to the next level, is another thing all together. I went the sequel route because I received so many emails from people who read Demons asking me to do a series. I've shredded more than I've written now, I think ;) , but I am tenacious and will get this done!
As for writing about Switzerland, even changing the names to protect the innocent :? , I'm afraid it would be like running to Faux :o and talking sh*t about our family...I just couldn't, wouldn't do it! Yes, I know there are *hooverers here who see what goes on, but that's one thing--writing a book about our little paradise--uh, uh--NOT gonna do it!
Thank you Em and kitty for your suggestions. I do free-write all the time, which has always worked for me in the past. I don't know why it isn't helping this time, but I will find a way to get the sequel finished. Then maybe I'll take a break on the series and write a stand alone...

I bought the book from your site. You signed it "Just for kicks" at my request. Good luck with your team tonight. I have to root for the Pats for STC but I picked the Phins for the win.
kicks
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm going to try to be impartial about tonight's game. The Texans lucked out and beat both teams last year, so I'm not mad at anybody.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Emeritus wrote:I'm going to try to be impartial about tonight's game. The Texans lucked out and beat both teams last year, so I'm not mad at anybody.

In the end, it doesn't affect me who wins tonight. But I'm gonna pick the Dolphins anyway.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:34 pm

What division does the NFC West play this year? You could pull for those teams to help you out by beating the other teams in your division. The Broncos helped us by beating the Titans yesterday and the NFC East teams could help us out too.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Emeritus wrote:What division does the NFC West play this year? You could pull for those teams to help you out by beating the other teams in your division. The Broncos helped us by beating the Titans yesterday and the NFC East teams could help us out too.

We play the AFC West and the NFC South this season.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:52 pm

I just read that they are bringing back the TV show Wonder Woman. Remember her?

wonderwoman.jpg
wonderwoman.jpg (20.04 KiB) Viewed 13833 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:53 pm

I have company. I hope to return shortly.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Yep. I watched that show when I was a little girl. Have a good afternoon Emeritus.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Emeritus wrote:What division does the NFC West play this year? You could pull for those teams to help you out by beating the other teams in your division. The Broncos helped us by beating the Titans yesterday and the NFC East teams could help us out too.

Your welcome Em. Go Broncos!
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Emeritus wrote:I just read that they are bringing back the TV show Wonder Woman. Remember her?

wonderwoman.jpg

Is imagination such a void in this day and age that all they can do is re-do what's already been done??? :?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:39 pm

cklaurence wrote:
Emeritus wrote:I just read that they are bringing back the TV show Wonder Woman. Remember her?

wonderwoman.jpg

Is imagination such a void in this day and age that all they can do is re-do what's already been done??? :?

With all the sequels that Hollywood cranks out, that's a rhetorical question I presume. LOL
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby kicks » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:43 pm

cklaurence wrote:

wonderwoman.jpg

So we shouldn't say that we love and adore you anymore? Since that's already been done?
kicks
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Yep, Lady. Rhetorical. It just seems so sad to me. Every other "new" show or movie seems to be a re-make of an old one. :cry:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:46 pm

kicks wrote:
cklaurence wrote:

wonderwoman.jpg

So we shouldn't say that we love and adore you anymore? Since that's already been done?

Oh, no! Never, NEVER stop feeding my ego. It requires constant love and awe!!! :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Er, doesn't it say in Proverbs that there's nothing new under the sun?
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:49 pm

No, now that I think about it, it's from Ecclesiastes.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Emeritus wrote:No, now that I think about it, it's from Ecclesiastes.

Ecclesiastes 1:9
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks. As a lector I've read it enough times that I should be able to remember it.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Emeritus wrote:Er, doesn't it say in Proverbs that there's nothing new under the sun?

True, yet, most fun stuff happens under the moon :D
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby SteveTheCat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Catch you all later... I am off and about to get dinner started. Happy Football Everyone :D
SteveTheCat
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Enjoy, STC. I plan to have leftovers when I get hungry. I have most of a Yankee pot roast in the refrigerator.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:50 am

Breakfast is served!

breakfast.jpg
breakfast.jpg (9.46 KiB) Viewed 13932 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Wow, nobody showed up all day. What a waste of food. From now on everybody will have to drink their meals.
Emeritus
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)