The Lounge

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: The Lounge

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks so much for having that smoke for me Em! I sure miss that much more than a drink (by a long shot)
Not much of a drinker anyway - unless I'm hanging with a bunch of fellow crazy girls trying to drink all the alcohol in Miami. :D
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:59 pm

LOL, thanks for reminding me of that, mgirl. At the time I was wondering if you had left bail money with somebody. That's common for college kids during Spring Break.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Hahaha
Diva girls wouldn't have let me suffer too long (I hope)
We were actually pretty well behaved.....just had a great time
Will be much harder for me to go on such a trip now that I will have little Shadow to care for.
But my grown boy is here now and finally considering staying!
That would be great........I'd have all my favorite boys in one place. :D
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm happy for you, mgirl. Having your children with you is great.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey... When did Maine slip in here? I completely missed her posts! You still here, mamacita? (That means 'little mama,' in case you're wondering :o ).)
I treasure that wonderful Diva Weekend, Em. We all came together, not having even spoken on the phone in some cases, and had one of the best weekends ever! I don't think I've ever laughed that much in my life. Non-stop, complete with drunk dialing! It was no easy job for me to keep up with all those youngsters, I can tell you. I was always the first to leave the party for bed every night--and believe me, I did not want to miss a moment of the laughter.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm

I am still hanging around
Was a great weekend!
Hope we can do it again some time :lol:
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Yes Em....would love for Dylan to decide to stay
He just has so much going on back at home....he's not sure about leaving.
Can't blame him.....but I hate not having him all the time.
He's an adult now and I can't make him do anything :cry:
Working on it though ;)
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Um.....if I remember right....I fell asleep the last night - in the middle of the party :oops:
Guess I had over done it....even though I didn't drink a thing the last day
I was a wimp. Lol
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:34 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:I am still hanging around
Was a great weekend!
Hope we can do it again some time :lol:

Me too, Maine. I suppose some of the players have changed, but we can move forward. Perhaps Glenda might attend next time. Who knows who else... Our chemistry was so good, though. What are the odds that 5 complete strangers, from 5 completely different walks of life and geography, and hit it off so completely?
I'm so happy to hear that Dylan is thinking of moving out your way. It would be great for you and the baby, not to mention Rob, to have Dylan there to spell you, and give you a little break here and there. Lucky family, lots of bonding to do... ;)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 pm

He will hopefully be here when baby comes. Trying to plan it but not sure I will be making it till Dec
We have to plan on him being here by mid Nov I think
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Dylan will be helping Rob paint the baby room and do his closet.
Rob is so picky....insisting on cedar lining and installing a closet system.
Will be for the best anyway because the room is actually a little small....but the closet is decent size.

I think they will have fun doing it
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:Um.....if I remember right....I fell asleep the last night - in the middle of the party :oops:
Guess I had over done it....even though I didn't drink a thing the last day
I was a wimp. Lol

No, you were NOT a wimp, Maine--you did some major, major partying over that long weekend, and I only heard about your rough night the next day because I was long in bed by the time you went down. (((((Looking around for a sleepy smiley. :roll: We really need to stock this place with a larger group of smiley choices. :idea: Stomps off looking for PeaceKeeper...)))))
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:44 pm

True !
I know I have never had so many blow jobs at once! ;)
And in the end it seems I was knocked flat by sausage!
Hahahaha...good times.........
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:Dylan will be helping Rob paint the baby room and do his closet.
Rob is so picky....insisting on cedar lining and installing a closet system.
Will be for the best anyway because the room is actually a little small....but the closet is decent size.

I think they will have fun doing it

I'm sure they will have a terrific time, Maine. They will bond nicely doing that to prepare for baby's arrival. The big brother and the new dad. So, so sweet!
I also think it's just grand that Rob is so picky. This is his first born, you know. He will be a great, hands-on daddy. Something new for you, Maine, and something wonderful. Peter was a tremendous daddy. He had no problem jumping up and changing a diaper, or rocking one of the little darlings when they couldn't sleep. To this day, as soon as m Emmy comes to town, she wants to get up into his lap and rock with him.
Good memories. Good times. Rob doesn't have a clue yet, and won't until he sees that little fuzzer enter the world. I am so, so happy for you both!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:True !
I know I have never had so many blow jobs at once! ;)
And in the end it seems I was knocked flat by sausage!
Hahahaha...good times.........

Oh yes, yes, yes--the blow jobs! That night at Soyka... I had already dropped out by the time they started arriving at the table! I had a tiny sip of one of the Diva's, just to get a taste. As it was, I made an exception to drink that night--all the meds I take for the Arachnoiditis, I rarely drink, but that weekend I did, with abandon! WOW! I'm smiling so hard right now remembering, it's hurting my face!!! :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Meds stop me from drinking much also.
They just don't mix
Rob is so stressed out about the baby....I hope he stops worrying so much about the extra expenses and just enjoys him when he's here.
He worries so much!
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:10 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:Meds stop me from drinking much also.
They just don't mix
Rob is so stressed out about the baby....I hope he stops worrying so much about the extra expenses and just enjoys him when he's here.
He worries so much!

Peter is also a worrier, Maine, but I don't think it stopped him from loving every minute of being a daddy. He's had his bad moments, but somehow, at the end of the day or very, very early in the morning, that baby looks up, gurgling, maybe reaching up with his little bitty hands--what else could wipe out worries more quickly? Nothing. Nothing in the world. Oh, yeah--and for first time daddies? Especially those starting later in life...it doesn't get any better than that! Rob will be just fine. Really...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 pm

I hope so....
He does lighten up when we have a baby date with the ultrasound. We have had lots of them and more to come since I am having my share of pregnancy issues.
Seems to knock some sense of reality into him when he sees Jim even on the monitor. Funny to watch them even before they are born. He's such a busy little guy already...always puts on a show
Only a few more weeks to go! :D
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Um... HIM....not Jim.
Hahaha... Getting use to this IPAD.... Different to type on!
Baby name is probably Adam...certainly NOT Jim! Lol
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:33 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:I hope so....
He does lighten up when we have a baby date with the ultrasound. We have had lots of them and more to come since I am having my share of pregnancy issues.
Seems to knock some sense of reality into him when he sees Jim even on the monitor. Funny to watch them even before they are born. He's such a busy little guy already...always puts on a show
Only a few more weeks to go! :D

How wild--already a ham. Too, too cute! I like the name "Adam" way more than "Jim." "Jim" already sounds like a grown-up. Adam can be "Addy" as a little 'un, or "Ad," or "Ads." Great name!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:37 pm

*OOPS... I missed the text explaining that "Jim" was "Him." :lol: Never mind my last post arguing against the name "Jim." :oops:
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Not def on Adam.....but it's my 1st choice.
Had a dream he was here ....and older. We were calling him Adam. Now it just seems that should be his name.
Seemed so real.
Naming babies is hard!
Don't want trendy and with a last like Rob's it's hard to find something that doesn't sound silly
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Yes, Maine, it is difficult, but fun! Rob's last name is short, so you're right, keeping his first name short and sweet is the best way to go.
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Okay, I'm closing down for the night. My name is all the way down the list of rooms (again) and it's nearly 11 p.m. here on the East Coast. Hubby is looking this way with that "Get off the computer, it's time to go to sleep" kind of look as well...

GOOD NIGHT TO MY SWISS FAMILY...the Best to you all, and until tomorrow, Hugs, Love and kisses! (((((Looking around for a heart smiley...)))))
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Night!
I'm out also
Can only play around with this toys so long.
Dylan is just about done changing his room around and we're going to catch a movie so I gotta make some popcorn
Night all!
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:40 am

cklaurence wrote:Hey... When did Maine slip in here? I completely missed her posts! You still here, mamacita? (That means 'little mama,' in case you're wondering :o ).)
I treasure that wonderful Diva Weekend, Em. We all came together, not having even spoken on the phone in some cases, and had one of the best weekends ever! I don't think I've ever laughed that much in my life. Non-stop, complete with drunk dialing! It was no easy job for me to keep up with all those youngsters, I can tell you. I was always the first to leave the party for bed every night--and believe me, I did not want to miss a moment of the laughter.

That was a truly unforgettable weekend, CK. You were an exceptional host and I had a fantastic time - such fun with all the girls. Thank you again for the opportunity...and what a treat to watch MY Seahawks play in Miami.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:40 am

cklaurence wrote:
maineiacgirl wrote:Meds stop me from drinking much also.
They just don't mix
He worries so much!

Peter is also a worrier, Maine, but I don't think it stopped him from loving every minute of being a daddy. He's had his bad moments, but somehow, at the end of the day or very, very early in the morning, that baby looks up, gurgling, maybe reaching up with his little bitty hands--what else could wipe out worries more quickly? Nothing. Nothing in the world. Oh, yeah--and for first time daddies? Especially those starting later in life...it doesn't get any better than that! Rob will be just fine. Really...

I had no idea how wonderful life could be until Tom was born. I still have a vivid memory of the first time that I held him. I think that you're only half living until them. I didn't mind changing diapers, in spite of being obsessively clean. I didn't mind anything that he did, because he was my son.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Emeritus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:44 am

Since it's a Saturday, I've set out brunch.

brunch.jpg
brunch.jpg (10.7 KiB) Viewed 13692 times
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 pm

What a lovely brunch, Em. I'm so glad I beat the crowds--I love first choice at beautiful spreads such as this. :D Everyone else can have what's left after I've picked it over. (Don't worry, Em. I'll leave plenty...)
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby SteveTheCat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Have a splendid day everyone! I am off to shower and get ready now that the Beagle is done with his breakfast, preened and dressed...

(((((HUGS))))))

Oh and Congratulations Maine~
I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%
SteveTheCat
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)