NFC WEST - FIGHT ZONE

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: NFC WEST - FIGHT ZONE

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:24 am

cklaurence wrote:
TryThinking wrote:
16Forever wrote:1981 - 1984 - 1988 - 1989 - 1994........We will get another one this decade - BANK IT!

Yeah 84 is when I started hating the Niners ..... just saying :(

I couldn't hate the Niners when Joe Montana was there. He was so damned good; but I didn't like them much when they played the Dolphins--including that disastrous SB, lol.

I hated the team not the man, Joe proved himself week in week out.
Now the Raiders on the other hand, I just hate their skanky asses and hated them when they were here too. The only time I would go see them was if they were playing the Phins.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:27 am

LadyHawk wrote:Soo...I didn't realize that the BBC actually broadcasts the NFL as well. And one of the BBC broadcasters (who mostly calls soccer games) called the Seahawks game yesterday. Gotta tell you...there is something RICH about listening to a man with a British voice doing play by play on the Seahawks.

Here's what was funny though - they discussed this on the post-game show on the radio. After Alex Smith took a pretty good hit, the BBC broadcaster said "And Alex Smith gets up, looking rather disheveled."

Disheveled?!! HA HA HA!! OUR guys said "An American broadcaster would say 'Alex Smith gets up and he looks like crap'."

Might have to be my word for the day..... disheveled. ;)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:04 am

TryThinking wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:Soo...I didn't realize that the BBC actually broadcasts the NFL as well. And one of the BBC broadcasters (who mostly calls soccer games) called the Seahawks game yesterday. Gotta tell you...there is something RICH about listening to a man with a British voice doing play by play on the Seahawks.

Here's what was funny though - they discussed this on the post-game show on the radio. After Alex Smith took a pretty good hit, the BBC broadcaster said "And Alex Smith gets up, looking rather disheveled."

Disheveled?!! HA HA HA!! OUR guys said "An American broadcaster would say 'Alex Smith gets up and he looks like crap'."

Might have to be my word for the day..... disheveled. ;)

My word of the day is "LIVID".
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:05 am

16 you got smail
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 am

TryThinking wrote:16 you got smail

TT responded...thanks.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Keeping things in perspective...its only 1 game. Everyone needs time to get their rhythm and shake off the dust and cobwebs. Next weekend could be TOTALLY different.
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Keeping things in perspective...its only 1 game. Everyone needs time to get their rhythm and shake off the dust and cobwebs. Next weekend could be TOTALLY different.

Your Hawks seem to have their act together, Lady. You must be so happy today!!!!!

I, on the other hand, have a knot in my stomach and the feeling that the Dolphins are back to square one. Yes, we won, but we could only eek out 13 points (15 if you count the safety they GAVE us), we won't be winning anymore games for a long while. The D looked awesome, but they were playing a bunch of rookies. I shudder to think what happens when we start playing REAL teams next week (assuming Favre is healthier and ready to play).

I know, TT--HALF FULL, lol, but you didn't see the game (although, if I do say myself--I did a pretty good play by play for you). Our offense has no rhythm, no cohesion, and they STILL can't do much, especially when in the end zone. It was so disheartening to see all those dropped balls!
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Oh, 16. I am sorry for your loss. I am sure you must be crushed. Perhaps it was just first game jitters? They might just shake it off and come out a different team next week...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:58 pm

One Game at a Time, CK. And don't confuse "reality" with pessimism. Enjoy the Dolphins' W. Don't dwell on the negatives.

Even with the Seahawks victory yesterday, I see room for improvement in some areas (our pass rush needs work).
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 pm

cklaurence wrote:Oh, 16. I am sorry for your loss. I am sure you must be crushed. Perhaps it was just first game jitters? They might just shake it off and come out a different team next week...

Hello CK - well not the outcome I expected. It's not the first game jitters, it's called having an inept QB running the show. Honestly the whole team looked pitiful but I'm sick of #11's feebleness.
Last edited by 16Forever on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 pm

LadyHawk wrote:One Game at a Time, CK. And don't confuse "reality" with pessimism. Enjoy the Dolphins' W. Don't dwell on the negatives.

Even with the Seahawks victory yesterday, I see room for improvement in some areas (our pass rush needs work).

Unfortunately, Lady, I speak from experience. I shall savor the win for the week, of course, but the knot in my tummy is for real!
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:24 pm

cklaurence wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:One Game at a Time, CK. And don't confuse "reality" with pessimism. Enjoy the Dolphins' W. Don't dwell on the negatives.

Unfortunately, Lady, I speak from experience. I shall savor the win for the week, of course, but the knot in my tummy is for real!

I know you speak from "experience" CK. Not disregarding that at all. But why be glum TODAY!!! when you could just enjoy the victory? One day without highlighting the negatives of your team. C'mon!! I know you can do it if you really want to!!
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:50 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
cklaurence wrote:

I know you speak from "experience" CK. Not disregarding that at all. But why be glum TODAY!!! when you could just enjoy the victory? One day without highlighting the negatives of your team. C'mon!! I know you can do it if you really want to!!

I'll drink to that!!
Cheers
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:45 am

GO NINERS!
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:18 am

16Forever wrote:GO NINERS!

They got nowhere to go but UP, right 16?
:lol:

GO SEAHAWKS ~ BEAT THE BOLTS!!!
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:20 am

LadyHawk wrote:
16Forever wrote:GO NINERS!

They got nowhere to go but UP, right 16?
:lol:

GO SEAHAWKS ~ BEAT THE BOLTS!!!

You are correct LH! it's either up or spiraling down in the toilet abyss.

GO NINERS GO!!!!!!!!!
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:22 am

Well 16, I am neither bragging about my team nor lamenting them. 1-1 is what we are. It can go either way on Sunday. I wish your boys some good luck. You ALMOST had the world champs the other night. Keep your head up!!
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:27 am

LadyHawk wrote:Well 16, I am neither bragging about my team nor lamenting them. 1-1 is what we are. It can go either way on Sunday. I wish your boys some good luck. You ALMOST had the world champs the other night. Keep your head up!!

Oh I am the eternal optimist - unless #11 screws the pooch this week. Good luck on going 2-1!
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:31 am

Ya know...after watching the game the other night, Alex Smith did all right. Really...especially that final drive. You guys could do a LOT worse, honey.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:21 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Ya know...after watching the game the other night, Alex Smith did all right. Really...especially that final drive. You guys could do a LOT worse, honey.

The final drive looked good but one drive does not make a quarterback sugar pie.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:24 pm

16Forever wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:Ya know...after watching the game the other night, Alex Smith did all right. Really...especially that final drive. You guys could do a LOT worse, honey.

The final drive looked good but one drive does not make a quarterback sugar pie.

I've seen worse QBs and worse games, 16. Honestly. His stats were not that bad. Even the "talking heads" were saying he held up well against the world champs. Keep the faith.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:26 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
16Forever wrote:

I've seen worse QBs and worse games, 16. Honestly. His stats were not that bad. Even the "talking heads" were saying he held up well against the world champs. Keep the faith.

ok I will.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:37 pm

LOL. That is what is meant by "Ye of little faith."
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:50 am

WHERE IS THE GIANT PANIC BUTTON??? SMITH MUST GO - RAYE MUST GO - AND I'M BEGINNING TO THINK SING ISN'T THE WIZARD WE THINK HE IS...WE'RE PATHETIC.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:05 am

16Forever wrote:WHERE IS THE GIANT PANIC BUTTON??? SMITH MUST GO - RAYE MUST GO - AND I'M BEGINNING TO THINK SING ISN'T THE WIZARD WE THINK HE IS...WE'RE PATHETIC.

I think you guys will be fighting over this guy along with the Giants to coach next season... just saying (possibly the Cowboys too if they don't make the playoffs)
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:16 am

The Cowboys stand a better chance of snagging Bill Cowher. It is known that he has ZERO desire to live on the west coast.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:18 am

I take immense pride that we're the best 0-3 team out there :lol:
16Forever
Veteran

Postby 16Forever » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 am

TryThinking wrote:
16Forever wrote:WHERE IS THE GIANT PANIC BUTTON??? SMITH MUST GO - RAYE MUST GO - AND I'M BEGINNING TO THINK SING ISN'T THE WIZARD WE THINK HE IS...WE'RE PATHETIC.

I think you guys will be fighting over this guy along with the Giants to coach next season... just saying (possibly the Cowboys too if they don't make the playoffs)

I'd rather have Gruden.
16Forever
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:24 am

LadyHawk wrote:The Cowboys stand a better chance of snagging Bill Cowher. It is known that he has ZERO desire to live on the west coast.

Actually I think he'd go there if the price was right, but number 1 in the running at the moment would be the Giants. He has expressed interest in them before.
personally I'd love to have him for the Phins....
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby TryThinking » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 am

16Forever wrote:
TryThinking wrote:

I'd rather have Gruden.

I believe he's locked up in a contract until 2012...
TryThinking
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)