HAWK NATION!

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

Re: HAWK NATION!

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:02 am

Hawks signed Earl Thomas... only one more to go!! P.S. Check out those arms, maaan... oooooh.
Attachments
Thomas.jpg
Thomas.jpg (19.87 KiB) Viewed 14530 times
Drunk on Carroll Kool-Aid. *Hiccup* Whoooo wants some? Drrrrinkeeee
LadyHawk
All Pro

DAY 3 Training Camp (Morning Report)

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Camp Carroll: Day 3 (A.M. Edition)

Posted by Danny O'Neil

Happy birthday to Golden Tate, who turned 22 today. His gift was more of a charge. A veteran asked for doughnuts. Not Krispy Kreme, not Safeway. Yeah, Top Pot, and it wasn't cheap. $150 or so with an extra emphasis upon maple bars.

Linebacker Aaron Curry was absent from practice. He watched practice Sunday, too, and coach Pete Carroll said Curry suffered a "ding" Saturday evening and had headaches, probably residual from the pair of whacks he delivered to Justin Forsett on Saturday afternoon.

Tight end Jameson Konz also remains out.

With Russell Okung still unsigned and Ray Willis getting the morning practice off on Monday, you're first-string left tackle during drills was ... Mansfield Wrotto.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh got the morning practice off, part of the schedule for dialing back the repetitions of some veterans. When Carroll took over he talked about believing in younger players, giving them a chance, and that is certainly evident through the first three days of practice. The depth chart is not rigid, veterans get plays and practices off. For instance, Charlie Whitehurst got most of the practice repetitions during the team drill as opposed to Matt Hasselbeck. On the defensive line, Lawrence Jackson is currently behind Red Bryant in the pecking order at left defensive end, but Jackson was getting some repetitions at defensive tackle in the Seahawks' nickel package during Monday's morning practice.

"If you're about competition then you've got to give guys a chance," coach Pete Carroll said. "You've got to show what they can do. It's our job to find the reps so that guys can get a look out there so we know where they fit in and all that. Right now, we're not even concerned about the depth charts being settled at all. So there is a lot of fluctuation. A lot of guys getting put in with the first group, in and out, so we can get a look at them, and get a sense from them how they fit in with the top guys."

Whitehurst was vastly better during today's practice as opposed to Saturday evening.

• Deon Butler ran a beautiful fly pattern, got behind cornerback Marcus Trufant and quarterback J.P. Losman put the pass right on the money ... only to have Butler drop the ball on what would have been a touchdown.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 am

Milloy's Blueprint

''I got the blueprint for how you last in this league,'' Milloy said. ''It's a very simple formula: You've got to be consistent in everything you do. ... Go out there and make plays. Be humble. Respect yourself. Respect others around you. And always stay hungry.

now if only more people in his postion would emulate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 am

No doubt!! Now if ALL the players on the Seahawks team - and the coaches - could get this right!! Hmph.

And WTH is up with Russell Okung? C'mon kiddo...sign on the dotted line and get yo ass to camp.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby BabyHawk » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:10 pm

LadyHawk wrote:No doubt!! Now if ALL the players on the Seahawks team - and the coaches - could get this right!! Hmph.

And WTH is up with Russell Okung? C'mon kiddo...sign on the dotted line and get yo ass to camp.

he had better quit holding out.. he is missing so much already & will be starting w/a handicap...
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Congrats on getting Okung signed!

Pitcock - geesh, depression and video game addiction supposedly led to his 'retirement' er bailing on the Colts after one season. Might be a head case - good luck there :?:
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks Baglady!! The signing of Okung was VERY welcome indeed!!

Attachments
Okung.jpg
Okung.jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 14520 times
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby BabyHawk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:33 pm

what do ya think HG.. special ordered doors from the tall man store :O)
Bleading Blue & Green
BabyHawk
Rookie

Postby LadyHawk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:11 pm

FIRST GAME OF THE PRE-SEASON IN SEATTLE: SEAHAWKS v TITANS. Kick-off at 7 pm. Temperature expected to be around 90 degrees. GO SEAHAWKS!!
Attachments
Field.jpg
Field.jpg (140.83 KiB) Viewed 14490 times
LadyHawk
All Pro

First Win for the Pete Carroll Regime

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 am

Not the prettiest win Saturday night, but the Hawks pulled off a victory against the Tennessee Titans. What touched my heart was - sadly - one of the Titans players got injured (fractured ankle from what I heard). Seahawks HC Pete Carroll coached the kid when he was at USC, so Carroll went out onto the field and gave the player some encouragement...then Carroll and Titans Coach Jeff Fisher chatted it up on the field while they were waiting for the player to be placed onto the cart and the players were gathered in prayer. That was just great sportsmanship and you could tell there is tremendous respect between the coaches there...despite the injury, I loved seeing that part of the game.
Attachments
Carroll and team.jpg
Carroll and team.jpg (100.53 KiB) Viewed 14481 times
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby Emeritus » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am

Agreed. It shows an understanding of what things are really important in life. That's something that is too rare, but is always welcome to see.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:55 am

Congratulations Hawk Nation. Nice win the other day.

As far as injuries--there were apparently a few this past weekend. It breaks my heart when players are injured in preseason games. It just seems like such a waste. The sportsmanship in the Seahawk/Titan game was really moving. We need more coaches like Pete Carroll and fewer like the Hoodie--Bill B. I hope Carroll has a great year, and you Seahawk fans have one too. It's time.
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Thank you CK. Anything is possible for any team.

The funny thing was...there were a few fights among the players during the game Saturday night. LB Aaron Curry was in one of the scuffles. I thought "WTH? Fighting at a preaseason scrimmage? C'mon!!"

But I also watched the Seahawks pregame show and they had a lot of footage from training camp. Pete Carroll definitely knows how to make camp FUN for the guys, yet push them to do better. The sportscaster who reported on it said its definitely a different "vibe" there this year from last year. And Pete Carroll is a huge reason for it. Let's hope it helps during the regular season.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Very frustrating when the players get into those scuffles, Lady. I'd much rather see them put their efforts into the game...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Agreed!! :D
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby peddlefest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Opps I think I,m on the wrong coast. Well while I'm here congrats to all the Seahawk fans. Football-------
peddlefest
Rookie

Postby dredwak » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:22 pm

LadyHawk wrote:FIRST GAME OF THE PRE-SEASON IN SEATTLE: SEAHAWKS v TITANS. Kick-off at 7 pm. Temperature expected to be around 90 degrees. GO SEAHAWKS!!

i think playing on a tilted field gives the Seasquawks an unfair advantage...
dredwak
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 am

dredwak wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:FIRST GAME OF THE PRE-SEASON IN SEATTLE: SEAHAWKS v TITANS. Kick-off at 7 pm. Temperature expected to be around 90 degrees. GO SEAHAWKS!!

i think playing on a tilted field gives the Seasquawks an unfair advantage...

Get your eyes checked, dred...
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:46 am

Good Luck to your Seahawks, Lady! Don't fret about preseason games--it's a learning experience, as you know. Better a loss and the team finds out what's not working right, than a win and learn nothing. As it gets toward the real season, you can start biting your lip and cursing, lol...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am

BTW...That sounds like a pretty good match-up. Will it be televised nationally?
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby LadyHawk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 am

The Seahawks beat the Titans last Saturday, CK...20-18.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 am

Packers got a win over us last night - 27-24. Despite the loss, it was a good game.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 am

LadyHawk wrote:Packers got a win over us last night - 27-24. Despite the loss, it was a good game.

and ......... nobody hurt? which is the main thing in pre-season beside getting a good look at the newbies.
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:56 pm

TryThinking wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:Packers got a win over us last night - 27-24. Despite the loss, it was a good game.

and ......... nobody hurt? which is the main thing in pre-season beside getting a good look at the newbies.

Sadly, Russell Okung (our #1 draft pick) has an apparent ankle sprain. An MRI is scheduled for him. None of this was mentioned at the game last night; you miss alot when you attend a game vs watching it on TV.

Oh, and this woman behind us? She slept through the entire second half. Unreal. She slept through "the wave" which rolled around the stadium 3 times; she slept through a couple of scores and a turnover. That place is LOUD. She musta been seriously tired...cuz she didn't wake up until her friend woke her because she wanted to leave at the end of the night. LOL
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby LadyHawk » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Oh, and Leon Washington did pretty well for us last night. It was a good game.
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:17 pm

LadyHawk wrote:Oh, and Leon Washington did pretty well for us last night. It was a good game.

I heard that Okung is going to miss 2 ~ 4 weeks, that's too bad. It could have been allot worse though...
TryThinking
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:15 am

It is definitely an ankle sprain. The MRI showed nothing more serious than that (according to the local news)
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby 16Forever » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 am

LadyHawk wrote:It is definitely an ankle sprain. The MRI showed nothing more serious than that (according to the local news)

That's a relief huh?
Switzerland's Senior Vice President of Fun and Euphoria
16Forever
Veteran

Postby LadyHawk » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:25 pm

16Forever wrote:
LadyHawk wrote:It is definitely an ankle sprain. The MRI showed nothing more serious than that (according to the local news)

That's a relief huh?

I guess. While I've seen Coach Carroll do a good job addressing the depth of our team, there is still room for improvement (our WRs need work, as well as our defensive secondary - what else is new?)
LadyHawk
All Pro

Postby TryThinking » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:28 pm

LadyHawk wrote:
16Forever wrote:

That's a relief huh?

I guess. While I've seen Coach Carroll do a good job addressing the depth of our team, there is still room for improvement (our WRs need work, as well as our defensive secondary - what else is new?)

I caught part of the game online and thought they looked pretty good HG... I think the Hass may be playing a bit more enthusiasm coming into this season and rightfully so!
TryThinking
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)