*Reserved for CKs game analysis*

Moderators: Game Master, Keeping The Peace

*Reserved for CKs game analysis*

Postby TryThinking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:16 pm

OK CK I sound proofed the room and installed bullet proof glass, so have at it! :(
*Anger is the wind that blows out the flame of reason*
TryThinking
Veteran

Re: *Reserved for CKs game analysis*

Postby cklaurence » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Try: You are so sweet. Made me smile for the first time today. I sent you my thoughts on the game (twice, actually) before seeing this, via Smail You are welcome to post it, with your analytic response. I <3 you-- :oops:
It's no easy life being a Dolfan...
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby maineiacgirl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Here is Maine Girl's Game Analysis for Pats/Colts this evening.....

Um........I seem to remember someone boasting about Manning a few weeks back. You know... how he shows his superiority week after week...... :twisted:

He played PERFECTLY today and I couldn't be happier! :D 8-) :lol: :P :mrgreen: :ugeek:

With a defense as week as the Patriots we REALLY needed that kind of performance to pull the win off. Manning had a chance and BLEW it big time!

This blown game can only be compared to the MAJOR choke by the Texan Defense in the last seconds of the Jets game. Thanks a lot Texas.... I was so excited to have #1 all to ourselves and YOU blew it for us!
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby indianajenn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 am

maineiacgirl wrote:Here is Maine Girl's Game Analysis for Pats/Colts this evening.....

Um........I seem to remember someone boasting about Manning a few weeks back. You know... how he shows his superiority week after week...... :twisted:

He played PERFECTLY today and I couldn't be happier! :D 8-) :lol: :P :mrgreen: :ugeek:

With a defense as week as the Patriots we REALLY needed that kind of performance to pull the win off. Manning had a chance and BLEW it big time!

This blown game can only be compared to the MAJOR choke by the Texan Defense in the last seconds of the Jets game. Thanks a lot Texas.... I was so excited to have #1 all to ourselves and YOU blew it for us!

Manning was going for the win and I don't blame him one bit. I would have compared it more to the decision Belichick made to go for it on 4th down last year but of course he's considered a genius regardless...

Congrats on the win and Happy Thanksgiving. Hopefully humble pie will be on the menu.
indianajenn
Rookie

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:05 pm

The words Texans and defense shouldn't be used in the same sentence. I wonder how the offense felt watching from the sidelines? They had come back from all of the defensive mistakes to take the lead with seconds left, only to watch the so-called defense give it away.
Time stays, we go. H. L. Mencken
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Baglady » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:51 pm

maineiacgirl wrote:Here is Maine Girl's Game Analysis for Pats/Colts this evening.....

MG??? Umm, hope all is OK....
"Boasting about his (Peyton's) superiority"??? Maybe you're thinking of another site as I sure haven't seen any comments here suggesting that.
Think you are correct on the Pats D as "weak" but hey you won last night, Congrats! Glad to hear you are happy about it as you should be. Sure am glad we're out of that division so you can fight it out w/ the Jets. Makes me wonder if you'd rather have the Jets as current AFC Champs??? And there is the "All Hail the Mighty Patriots" topic here if needed. :P

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving and keep us posted on your little one's arrival!

Jenn, you know we think alike ;)
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby Emeritus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Perhaps I was the one boasting of Peyton Manning's superiority. I still haven't changed my mind. He is playing without his best weapons and is still carrying the team.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby Reecey » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:29 pm

It always seemed to me that Peyton was playing like a Chef preparing a feast without a full cupboard. Only had a pretty good defense to compliment the offense one season of his career. That was probably by far the best game of the weekend though. I have to say. Love the Colts-Pats games, and I'm sure glad that they've made it a yearly event. That goes to tell a lot of what the league thinks of both teams.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs! I'm just trying to win a game! Playoffs?
Reecey
Starter

Postby Emeritus » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:18 am

I expressed the same sentiment about the game elsewhere. You always know that you are going to see a great game when the Colts and the Patriots play. They have great organizations from top to bottom and it shows in the way that they play the games.
Emeritus
MVP

Postby maineiacgirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Hehehe..
My comment was directed at CK for tooting Manning's horn a while back.
May remember the "flash in the pan" comment about Brady????

The Colts really outplayed them ... and the Pats defense sucks so they were very lucky to pull off the game saving picks. :D

Just friendly competition all... Not as much of a hater as I play on TV.

But... when I have the chance to be a pain in the ass of Colts fans.... I just can't help myself! :twisted:

You should have seen me when it appeared the Jets would be vacating first place..... talk about eating some words! I was dancing and singing and had to change my tune all too fast :oops:
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby maineiacgirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Happy Thanksgiving back at all of you... even the Colts fans ;)

Bill certainly has blown many decisions.... don't make me revisit the blown perfect season! It's just too darn painful! :cry:

The fact that there are so many arguments about these two teams as well as Manning/Brady comparisons ..... just goes to show the force BOTH teams are. It's great to be a fan of either team. I'm so glad to know and adore a Colts fan like Bags to keep reminding me they are not all EVIL :lol:

I'm skipping the humble pie though.... just until my team's next big screw up. I spent WAY too many years swearing at them and being let down. When things are going good I can't help myself.

I feel the same way when they play the Jets... or the Dolphins.... The wins just feel too good (this goes for both sides)

Manning certainly did not have his best game on Sunday.... he did double is interceptions for the season against a 3rd rate defense. Can't help but chalk it up to bad decisions by Manning.... The Pats defense is just THAT bad!
maineiacgirl
Rookie

Postby Baglady » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:53 am

MG - you know it's all good <3 ..... I remember a text exchange from last season so - ah, we're even - ha ha ha :P
You just take care of yourself and our newest NFL fan to be!!!
Brady a "flash in the pan"??? Wow, ck - must have been having one of her AFC East divisional stress moments, right??? :?

Sure the NE game was a tough loss for the Colts but honestly I was not expecting a win. I'd be lying to say I wasn't disappointed after getting soooo close. :( Oh well, it was a great game - as usual....
Just hope we get a chance to play you again :twisted: - ah, I think - lol!

Hope everyone here enjoys the games today and Sunday. Happy Thanksgiving all. BB Monday.
Attachments
footyball.jpg
footyball.jpg (4.21 KiB) Viewed 12240 times
Believe in BLUE
Baglady
Veteran

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:46 am

"Flash in the Pan" in comparison to a Brett Favre or Danny Marino, say, Ms B. :D
cklaurence
Godmother

Postby cklaurence » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:49 am

[color=#008080] :shock: Season-to-Date Analysis for the Fins: Not doing too well...[ :roll: /color]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cklaurence
Godmother

Return to THE BLOG ROOMS 2010 (archived)